ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Advice needed- is this fairly priced? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/806491-advice-needed-is-this-fairly-priced.html)

L.J.F 23 December 2009 07:05 PM

Advice needed- is this fairly priced?

Evening all, as the title says i need advice to find out if this car is over priced as it has bothered me a bit. It has a folder full of history and all services have been carried out within the scooby schedule. I took it out for a test drive and it drive very well and it really does feel like its been looked after but i am unsure if its slightly over priced so i would be very greatful for some enthusiasts views:)

2002 02 Reg SUBARU Impreza 2.0 WRX STi

Cheers

lee:thumb:

p.s- the paint and bodywork are in top condition without stonechips or carpark dings anywhere!!

Milamber 23 December 2009 07:06 PM

think you are missing something mate :lol1:

WRX_Dazza 23 December 2009 07:11 PM

sounds bang on the money from here.. ;)

L.J.F 23 December 2009 07:19 PM

I feel a wally now:brickwall:oops::lol1:

post now corrected lol

L.J.F 23 December 2009 07:46 PM

Forgot to add that the car is completely standard apart from a prodrive backbox and centre pipe.

subeyman 23 December 2009 07:46 PM

Hmmm...

Subaru : Subaru Impreza WRX STi Prodrive
Subaru : Subaru impreza 2000 W REG 2.5 UK Turbo
Subaru : Subaru Impreza version 6 type r . Must Go soon
Subaru : Version 6 sti very rare standard *low miles*
Subaru : BLACK 2002 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI

Id go for the white type r :)

other than that the 1 at the top of the list, looks clean 2 me and potential to haggle :)
All that time you were banging on at me about getting a CLASSIC and now you wanna jump ship and get a NEWAGE! :)

wayner845 23 December 2009 07:53 PM

I would be lookin for less miles at that price.

L.J.F 23 December 2009 08:02 PM

i think you may be right, mind you the condition it is in and how well it drives you would think it had a lot lower miles.

Milamber 23 December 2009 08:05 PM

are we all skirting around the fact that it's a bug and therefore ugly :lol1:

L.J.F 23 December 2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by subeyman (Post 9115235)
Hmmm...

Subaru : Subaru Impreza WRX STi Prodrive
Subaru : Subaru impreza 2000 W REG 2.5 UK Turbo
Subaru : Subaru Impreza version 6 type r . Must Go soon
Subaru : Version 6 sti very rare standard *low miles*
Subaru : BLACK 2002 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI

Id go for the white type r :)

other than that the 1 at the top of the list, looks clean 2 me and potential to haggle :)
All that time you were banging on at me about getting a CLASSIC and now you wanna jump ship and get a NEWAGE! :)

Yeah but you never got a classic did ya, instead you got a hawkeye jdm! besides this is my 2nd classic and after 3yrs of squeaky/ rattley interior parts from this one ive decided its time to move on to something newer. At the end of the day i have to think of the sell on value and newage sti's are the way forward for me;)

L.J.F 23 December 2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9115270)

i think they look really good with the prodrive lights, obviously classics always win in that department but its the more modern interior and look thats appealing to me more now, also i think i would take more care and look after a newage car too!

53 23 December 2009 11:46 PM

Advice needed- is this fairly priced?
Nope IMHO :)

kin quick 24 December 2009 02:52 AM

Cheeky s0d, the correct term is 'FUGLY' :hjtwofing

scooby seb 24 December 2009 08:41 AM

thats just what i'm after,cheers for the heads up i'm off to go buy it now:lol1::lol1:

Nurse Gladys 24 December 2009 09:42 AM

Ah, but I think you'll find,

'Santa loves all Scoobies, even Bugeyes!'

The best by far in my opinion, but then, what would I know, I'm only a girl !! ;):lol1::D

Milamber 24 December 2009 10:04 AM

surely someone has a rusty old unloved & unused bugeye hanging around somewhere :wonder:

Cornelius 24 December 2009 10:12 AM

I think it's a good buy, the mileage is about right for the year, if not a little low.

As long as it's the servicing schedule is bang upto date, it should be a good car.

Though the 3 month warranty probably isn't worth the paper it's written on

L.J.F 24 December 2009 12:35 PM

cheers for the positive post Paul, good to see not everyone is a bug hater:lol1: I'm gonna make them sweat a bit and get some more knocked off. At the moment they are offering £2500 for my car and want £4900 on top, i would be happy with a £7000 deal. I need to have my car taken in px as it would be so hard to sell in this current climate:(

Cornelius 24 December 2009 12:57 PM

lol, I'm not a lover of the bugeyes, but it's still an Impreza at the end of the day and an STI at that too!!

If I had the money, I'd happily pay that amount for it, so as you say - a haggle is a must - I love a bargain!!

Arkwright 24 December 2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9116196)
cheers for the positive post Paul, good to see not everyone is a bug hater:lol1: I'm gonna make them sweat a bit and get some more knocked off. At the moment they are offering £2500 for my car and want £4900 on top, i would be happy with a £7000 deal. I need to have my car taken in px as it would be so hard to sell in this current climate:(

We own a 52plate wrx sti with just under 60,000 miles on it and absolutely love it. I don`t use the car everyday only on the weekends and mostly for fairly long journeys whilst the suspension is very firm after driving it for 200+ miles I`m not fatigued at all.
We have`nt had any problems with it so I could`nt tell you what to look for.
Hope this helps you won`t regret it IMHO :thumb:

dunx 24 December 2009 01:29 PM

Servicing, servicing,servicing, It's just about due it's eighth birthday.

Check the intervals for timing belt and tranny fluids....

Had mine from new, and it's up to 400 bhp now. :luxhello:

HTH

dunx

ScoobyMaz 24 December 2009 02:36 PM

Sounds like a fair price to me. I would be looking for a touch more for mine if I was selling. Mine is exactly the same except black and only 39000miles.

L.J.F 24 December 2009 02:43 PM

I take it the 6speed uses Castrol Syntrax too then? I think i still have some left in the garage so it will get used to good use:)

Arkwright 24 December 2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9116376)
I take it the 6speed uses Castrol Syntrax too then? I think i still have some left in the garage so it will get used to good use:)

:lol: I think I`ve got some Bugatti veyron oil about here somewhere but I don`t think I`ll buy one to go with it. :wonder: :lol1: :thumb:

L.J.F 24 December 2009 02:52 PM

lol