ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   damn snow! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/806221-damn-snow.html)

jimes 21 December 2009 07:10 PM

damn snow!

Snow stopped jgm from coming to do a remap today:(

Great for sliding the van about tho!

Jolly Green Monster 21 December 2009 08:06 PM

yeah sorry.. I am sat in a mccd's in Reading having travelled 4miles in 4.5hours.. not amused :(

not sure what time I will get home tonight.. Subaru I am in has no issue with grip but everyone around me was struggling, people being pushed up the hills, lorrys sliding..

worst was ambulances trying to get through it all and no where to move cars out the way etc

Simon

jimes 21 December 2009 09:39 PM

not your fault obviously......was looking forward to having the car xmas hols though!

Hope you dont get back too late!

Jolly Green Monster 21 December 2009 10:04 PM

dont think i will get home tonight but trird 4hotels and all full

jimes 21 December 2009 10:19 PM

just seen reading on the news, lots of people just flooring it and spinning on the spot! Thats not so good, theres a travel lodge right buy my lock up!.......seriously though if i could help i would!

Jolly Green Monster 22 December 2009 12:09 AM

the issue was I could get no where..

I ended up playing in retail park in the car, very childish but small amusement.. and kept checking the road until it started moving and then was able to get out of reading.. A329(M) was empty of traffic when I got there but 30mph in 6~8inches of snow..
M4 then clear and I drove home like normal.. just got in.. 9hours after I set out for an 85miles journey.. lol

Many thanks for the people who, rang, txt, or PM'd offers of places to stay but just couldn't move to get anywhere and as soon as I could it was straight home

Simon

Steve Whitehorn 22 December 2009 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 9112454)
the issue was I could get no where..

I ended up playing in retail park in the car, very childish but small amusement.. and kept checking the road until it started moving and then was able to get out of reading.. A329(M) was empty of traffic when I got there but 30mph in 6~8inches of snow..
M4 then clear and I drove home like normal.. just got in.. 9hours after I set out for an 85miles journey.. lol

Many thanks for the people who, rang, txt, or PM'd offers of places to stay but just couldn't move to get anywhere and as soon as I could it was straight home

Simon

Sounds a bit ****ty
Glad your home mate :)

jimes 22 December 2009 09:33 AM

you could have gone westbound when you got to m4!:).......you have pm about next attempt!

scoobyc 22 December 2009 02:58 PM

yeah sucks simon! i was stuck in reading too till 12.10am.

jimes 23 December 2009 11:07 PM

put the car in the workshop today to take of the air con gubbins to find water dripping on the headers, which lead to finding the water pump was f***ed! so new one fitted tmrw ready foir the 6th:)

Jolly Green Monster 24 December 2009 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jimes (Post 9115569)
put the car in the workshop today to take of the air con gubbins to find water dripping on the headers, which lead to finding the water pump was f***ed! so new one fitted tmrw ready foir the 6th:)

damn snow may have saved some real grief then, had that let go whilst mapping!!! ;)

Now I see why I had to spend 9hours in the car on Monday :) there is a reason for everything lol

Simon