ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Many thanks to RaceDYNAMIX! (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/806219-many-thanks-to-racedynamix.html)

Cocker 21 December 2009 07:02 PM

Many thanks to RaceDYNAMIX!

Spent a few hours with Duncan today who was mapping my blobeye STI PPP. After asking me what mods i'd already done to my car then hooking his laptop and det cans up we went out for a few runs on my current prodrive map to check everything was working fine and there were no strange noises. The good news was that it was running sweet :)

Then Duncan tapped away on his laptop loading a base map then we went on a few in gear runs, different gears, different throttle loads to various RPM's. Stop for a bit have another session on the laptop and repeat.

Done this numerous times until Duncan was happy and more importantly that i was happy with the way the car drives. It was great the way i could feel the boost becoming stronger.

Duncan was also kind enough to map in launch control which i've had a few goes with already :norty::norty: although i need to save this for the standing quarter as i don't want a new clutch just yet!

He also mapped in a few pops but as i have the Prodrive sports cat, its not as regular as a full decat. I dont actaully mind at all. Got a few nice ones though - especially 4th gear just under 4000 RPM :thumb:

Interesting that theres a thread about road mapping at the moment in the general section, and some peoples fears. I must say that with the cold weather and snow i will admit to being a bit apprehensive this morning but while mapping i didnt feel uncomfortable at all and Duncan didnt make me do anything that i wasnt happy about.

So all in all i am really happy. Duncan is a great guy who knows his stuff so i wouldn't hesitate in recommending him as a mapper.

Thanks mate :notworthy:notworthy

Dan

dynamix 21 December 2009 07:11 PM

Cheers Dan - It was great to meet you and a pleasure to do the map for you in return for the Santa Cruse donation you made on SIDC. Well done :thumb:

Re the road mapping, we are blessed around here with lovely straight flat roads which does make it a lot easier to be able to be safe doing it.

B0DSKI 21 December 2009 07:44 PM

:thumb:

53 21 December 2009 07:47 PM

:luxhello: About time :D

BIG FUD 21 December 2009 10:53 PM

Duncan you getting a bit of a name with the old mapping hey mate keep it up ....

dynamix 21 December 2009 11:10 PM

Thanks Fud :thumb:

stevemoir 22 December 2009 03:03 PM

ill second that quality bloke really knows his stuff and very helpful going to see dunc end of jan for a big tweak any chance of putting a few bangs in mine while im there

steve

dynamix 22 December 2009 03:55 PM

;)

fezza 22 December 2009 10:03 PM

Just had launch control put on mine by Duncan today (and a few pops and bangs!) and a top job once again, thanks fella :luxhello:

eggy790 22 December 2009 10:50 PM

im getting mine mapped by Duncan on the 30th!

cant wait, sounds like i wnt be disapointed :D

banny sti 23 December 2009 08:07 AM

You're in good hands with Duncan, you will not be disappointed :)

Banny

micaredwrx 23 December 2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9113881)
im getting mine mapped by Duncan on the 30th!
cant wait, sounds like i wnt be disapointed :D

I've lost count of how many maps I've had from Duncan (lots) and each and every one has been bang on the money :thumb: You definately won't be sorry you chose his services :cool:
Roll on the 30th :D

dynamix 23 December 2009 11:15 PM

Cheers Jon.

Good to see you again yesterday.