ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New mobile phone (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/805991-new-mobile-phone.html)

robby 19 December 2009 11:02 PM

New mobile phone

I've had my Ericsson for over 3 years and fancy a change. I'm thinking of a touch screen but it can't be too techie or a lot of money as i hardly ever use it :)

i've seen the Samsung Tacco (only in pics) which is cheap enough and has a better camera than mine, has anyone got/ had 1 of these or recommend something similar?

I'm on Vodaphone PAYG and don't want a contract

cheers

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 11:08 PM

**** 'em all mate. Get a Nokia 3310 and be satisfied in the knowledge you have Snake2! Yo!

Jamescsti 19 December 2009 11:38 PM

A guy I work with has a Tocco and he seems to be premenantly stabbing the screen in frustration as it never does what he wants it to do, that's my only experience of it.
Personally I hate touch screen phones

moff1888 19 December 2009 11:48 PM

I had a Tocco for a year ish and it wasn't too bad, it did freeze on occasion but not enough for me to be hacked off with it.

Camera was decent enough on it.

All round the phone wasn't too bad and fairly easy to use.

Snazy 20 December 2009 11:19 AM

Full QWERTY and Snake is the way to go.

Nokia 5510 - Full phone specifications

dpb 20 December 2009 01:12 PM

Im still not used to touchscreen , for texting its just annoying really ( although i tried iphone and that was better)

If you do ge tone make sure the screen works outdoors - apart form that , the key locking button :mad: , and usabilty as an actual phone my viewty has been ace :thumb:

No idea what to get next tho

Rob_Impreza99 20 December 2009 02:20 PM

If you want to venture to a touch screen phone that is great value for money and i can highly recommend it

Should you buy the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic? Read our Nokia 5800 review plus Nokia 5800 reviews by users and find the best buy in the UK (Free Nokia 5800 XpressMusic / Nokia 5800 pay as you go - 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Three, Vodafone)

This is my first touch screen phone and i`m glad i made the switch, the phone is incredible value for money. I doubt i`ll ever go back to a phone with a normal key pad. You can add sat nav to it and it comes with GPS as standard, the spec list is as long as your arm and its a doddle to use.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products...nes/nokia-5800

GlesgaKiss 20 December 2009 02:25 PM

Please don't get a Tocco. I had a Tocco Ultra, and it was hands down the worst phone I've ever owned. Totally useless. Touch screen is unresponsive too.

J4CKO 20 December 2009 02:29 PM

Only one choice for touchscreen....

I had an LG Renoir and it wasnt great, horrible after my Ipod Touch, went back to my N95 and now have a Blackberry 8900 which is all the phone I need, will get rid of my personal one when the contract is up.

stilover 20 December 2009 03:42 PM

Strange comments regarding the Tocco. I have a Tocco Ultra, and so far it's been fine.

I'm not one for having the latest phone, and TBH I don't know one phone from the other. Got a call from Orange, the suggested the Ultra. Looked it up on the internet, looked good, so I now have it.

It works fine for me, so don't rule it out.

Snazy 20 December 2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9109779)
Only one choice for touchscreen....

I had an LG Renoir and it wasnt great, horrible after my Ipod Touch, went back to my N95 and now have a Blackberry 8900 which is all the phone I need, will get rid of my personal one when the contract is up.

Someone always has to say "Blackberry" dont they :cuckoo: :lol1:

As for the 5800, I just sold mine. I dont like touchscreen phones one bit, but due to the Nokia interface it made it more barable. Capable phone, but touchscreens really aint me.

robby 20 December 2009 04:42 PM

well for the price i think i'm going for the Sciphone i68+ 3G - cheap enough and has numerous feature which should keep me occupied for the next 3 years \;0

farmerwrx 20 December 2009 04:51 PM

i have just got a nokia n86 and it's brilliant has a fm sender so you can listen to your tunes on any radio specs here Nokia UK - Nokia N86 8MP

dpb 20 December 2009 06:03 PM

The fakest iphone ever :D

Boro 20 December 2009 08:16 PM

Whats your budget? If you've had Sony you would probably be disappointed with the Samsung.

How about a Sony Ericsson Satio?

Intek Mobile Phones - The Best Mobile Phone Deals

robby 20 December 2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 9110325)
Whats your budget? If you've had Sony you would probably be disappointed with the Samsung.

How about a Sony Ericsson Satio?

Intek Mobile Phones - The Best Mobile Phone Deals

Budget is only £60 - £70 as i don't use it much - is the Tocco that bad?

dpb 20 December 2009 09:07 PM

im thinking 995 - always had ericsson before the viewty :)

lordharding 22 December 2009 04:08 PM

Get the iphone

it will take over your life
a PC rather then a phone you will never get bored with it even if you never ring anyone

GlesgaKiss 22 December 2009 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by robby (Post 9110417)
Budget is only £60 - £70 as i don't use it much - is the Tocco that bad?

I don't know about the regular Tocco, but I had the Ultra... was better as a paperweight than a phone in my opinion. Having said that, some of my female friends like their Toccos... but probably just because they've seen them in music videos etc and they have good cameras. :lol1:

Not for me.

Spoon 22 December 2009 04:53 PM

Still a Motorola V50 user here so my advice won't be too current. :D

davyboy 22 December 2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 9113151)
Get the iphone

it will take over your life
a PC rather then a phone you will never get bored with it even if you never ring anyone

...unless your battery is flat.

dpb 22 December 2009 04:57 PM

Is that the Startac (sp)

do you still wear flares :thumb:

Spoon 22 December 2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9113251)
Is that the Startac (sp)

do you still wear flares :thumb:

No, the Startac was just before, though I did have one of those too. The V50 is year 2000 and rings or vibrates to let you know to answer it. :razz:

I also have flares on now that fit nicely over my huge boots. :thumb: