ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Do you still wash your car in the winter? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/805990-do-you-still-wash-your-car-in-the-winter.html)

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 10:56 PM

Do you still wash your car in the winter?

My car looks like its been attacked by a case of Super-aids but personally i think its too cold to wash it and i'm too skint to get someone else to wash it what the **** is a man to do in a situation like this?

Personally i've drank enough tonight that i'm tempted to do it myself right now but i am concerned that i may create swirls in my paintwork due to the poor lighting conditions and being rubbered

yours truely

James Esq.

WRX_Dazza 19 December 2009 11:00 PM

leave it mate !!!
it will be rank in about 200 yrds of using it again !!!

just do what i do and follow a lorry close behind in the rain, that tends to clean the front a bit !! ;)

fatherpierre 19 December 2009 11:04 PM

I don't wash it in summer!!

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 9109111)
I don't wash it in summer!!

To be fair thou, you don't drive an Alfa. Imagine is everything, thirst doesn't really come into it. How am i supposed to bring all the girls to the yard with a dirty Alfa?

fatherpierre 19 December 2009 11:10 PM

Plus an Alfa will fall to bits (quicker) unless kept clean.

ScoobyWon't 19 December 2009 11:15 PM

I'm not convinced a meeting of water and the wiring of an Alfa should be risked. :wonder:

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 9109122)
Plus an Alfa will fall to bits (quicker) unless kept clean.

true which is a worry with the amount of salt on the road at this time of the year!

RA Dunk 19 December 2009 11:19 PM

Winter time is probably the most important time out of the whole year to give it a regular clean, all that salt dosent do it favours and dosent take to long to start corroding things either

fatherpierre 19 December 2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 9109132)
Winter time is probably the most important time out of the whole year to give it a regular clean, all that salt dosent do it favours and dosent take to long to start corroding things either

Aye, my old mercs don't get used and stay in the garage and generally unused this time of year. Just the odd run to keep em going when it's dry and nice.

The Dogs B******s 19 December 2009 11:22 PM

I was going to wash mine today,but couldn't be arsed;)

nick172sport 19 December 2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 9109137)
I was going to was mine today,but couldn't be arsed;)

same as me got some one else to wash it a week ago no point its as black as they come now to could freeze mi bollocks off all week so fook washin my car:D

Glowplug 19 December 2009 11:28 PM

Far too cold for a proper wash n wax:eek:

Quick jet wash to remove the sh1t:thumb:

Can you imagine trying to wax in this:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

WRX_Dazza 19 December 2009 11:29 PM

give it a jetwash down the local cleanpark £3 or so should rid most salt deposits.

rally slag scoobs look good filthy, so thats my excuse !!

tarmac terror 19 December 2009 11:31 PM

Jamz, you live near the sea dont you.... Back her down the the slipway then turn her round and put her down it nose first, should take the rough off her!!!

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 11:32 PM

mine looks like a BTCC slag Alfa WRX_Dazza is this acceptable?

WRX_Dazza 19 December 2009 11:39 PM

Jamz, its all good bruv :)

just waiting for photobucket to kick in and i'll show you a work in progress on dirt !!

Jamz3k 19 December 2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror (Post 9109151)
Jamz, you live near the sea dont you.... Back her down the the slipway then turn her round and put her down it nose first, should take the rough off her!!!

A few week ago I was down at whitehead picking out stones for my fish at the beech and i have to say the slipway was tempting me.:lol1:

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9109155)
Jamz, its all good bruv :)

just waiting for photobucket to kick in and i'll show you a work in progress on dirt !!

Go on big lawd!:lol1: I may do the same tomorrow after doing the Islandmagee 500 rally track!:D

WRX_Dazza 20 December 2009 12:12 AM

day 1, just a primer of dirt:-

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../snowscoob.jpg

hoping for a good 2nd coat tomorrow !!

Jamz3k 20 December 2009 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9109204)

Looking good Dazza the more Rally Slag pics the better imo!:D

WRX_Dazza 20 December 2009 12:20 AM

upsets the purists, dontcha know !!! ;)

Jamz3k 20 December 2009 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9109215)
upsets the purists, dontcha know !!! ;)

If some purist 40 year old virgin from ther internets doen't like it **** em! You love it and thats all that matters!

CrisPDuk 20 December 2009 01:07 AM

I must confess to quite liking the way the Golf looks at the minute :cool:

I left it sat on our snow covered works car park in the sun yesterday, in amongst all the shiny rep-mobiles, just totally absorbing any light that came near it, giving absloutley no clue as to what colour it might have been when it left the factory :D

WRX_Dazza 20 December 2009 01:09 AM

hahaha love it.... this thread requires more pics me thinks....

Jamz3k 20 December 2009 01:11 AM

i will get pics up tomorrow i just fear it may be illegal for me to get within a meter of my car at the mo!:lol1:

CrisPDuk 20 December 2009 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9109257)
i just fear it may be illegal for me to get within a meter of my car at the mo!:lol1:

:lol1:

You'll be OK so long as you don't have the keys on your person ;)

eggy790 20 December 2009 06:25 AM

in winter i dont wash the car myself

have a mobile valeter who comes to my house to wash it.

£15 (regular customer price, normally £5 a wheel and no free wash) for a wash and wax along with all 4 alloys cleaned! absolutely spotless, front and back, better his hands breaking when they hit the caliper by accident than mine lol although he usually takes the wheel off if he's not happy with the work :)

does extras like polishing etc at an additional cost too :)

both parties hapy, he's coming today at 11am :P

tarmac terror 20 December 2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9109204)

Ahhhhh, such foolishness - you can see a few days worth of dirt has already rotted away the rear spolier. I'd give it a week there will be nothing but a drive train and block left.:D

Leslie 20 December 2009 12:23 PM

Worth giving the car a good coat of wax before the winter starts and keeping the worst of the crud off it to prevent water seeping into the cracks.

Les

J4CKO 20 December 2009 02:25 PM

Who cares, its the middle of winter and perhaps a covering of grime, salt and snow will cover up the fact its an Alfa and people might think its something half decent under there !

PS, only joking,

Regards, the 39 year old virgin from the internet.

CrisPDuk 20 December 2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9109252)
hahaha love it.... this thread requires more pics me thinks....

Here's one of the Golf taken before it snowed on Thursday;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...fEuroGrill.jpg

I was actually contemplating washing it this weekend, but have since changed my mind :D