ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Aztec Performance HID Kit: Parts missing? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/805974-aztec-performance-hid-kit-parts-missing.html)

Marts WRX 19 December 2009 09:44 PM

Aztec Performance HID Kit: Parts missing?

When I purchased my scooby there was a box in the boot which contained an HID kit. I've taken it out of the box tonight and compared the contents with the included instructions and it looks as if a relay is missing?

The H4 (Dipped+Main Beam) kit was purchased from Aztec Performance back in October 2008. Everything needed for the installation is there, except the 2 ballast holders/brackets and by the looks of things - a relay for the harness.

Does anyone know what relay should be used on the end of the harness? The inline fuse is a 30A, if that helps.

dunx 19 December 2009 10:56 PM

A std. 4 pin automotive relay, Halfords MAY stock them. 20 A is sufficient as they draw a low running current, but pull a hefty surge current on startup.

HTH

dunx

Marts WRX 19 December 2009 11:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, Dunx. It seems I was looking at the harness wrongly to start with! It looks differently in the instruction manual... But either way, the relay is on there and I now feel a right tit!

Thanks anyway :)

Aztec Performance Ltd 21 December 2009 06:14 PM

Everything needed will be there if it's complete :thumb:

Marts WRX 22 December 2009 11:54 PM

I have noticed one issue tho... Only the passenger side has full beam! I can't have wired it wrong as both lights work on dipped, but when put on full beam, only the passenger side glows more. Bulb faulty or my wiring wrong somehow? Also gonna buy the LED sidelights too cos originals look way to yellow now lol

StickyMicky 06 January 2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5 (Post 9111854)
Everything needed will be there if it's complete :thumb:

You dont say :idea: :lol:

Aztec Performance Ltd 06 January 2010 06:56 PM

I'm not sure what your problem is Jeff (other than boredom), but I suggest you stop stalking as I'm getting pretty tired of it now.

The OP did not purchase the kit from us, but was with the car he purchased.

Marts: Feel free to email aztecperformance@gmail.com or call 01462 488244 for technical support. :thumb:

Aztec Performance Ltd 06 January 2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9139337)
You dont say :idea: :lol:

Mick :lol1: :D

alcazar 06 January 2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5 (Post 9139916)
I'm not sure what your problem is Jeff (other than boredom), but I suggest you stop stalking as I'm getting pretty tired of it now.

The OP did not purchase the kit from us, but was with the car he purchased.

Marts: Feel free to email aztecperformance@gmail.com or call 01462 488244 for technical support. :thumb:

EH? Don't you think that your post is a LITTLE silly since mine has been removed by your friends the mods AGAIN?

Oh, and I don't have a problem...........you do mate, you just haven't realised it yet;)

Let me know when you are completely tired of it:D Send me either, a) another THREATENING e-mail, or b) another jokey let's be friends e-mail.
:hjtwofing