ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   the replacement to the type25 (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/805937-the-replacement-to-the-type25.html)

stevie1982 19 December 2009 06:46 PM

the replacement to the type25

Right then guys some of you may know i sold my 05 type t25 a few weeks back after only a 4 months of owning it due to issues at work. was hard to watch it drive off but needs must and it was the right thing to do.:cry:

any way was searching for a cheaper classic and came across this its a sti 5 but registered sept 99 and came from the factory with the sti 6 trim
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...ti5-fronta.jpg

some of you may know it, some of you may know until 9am this morning who it used to belong to but now its mine all mine and boy what a car. it only took me 4 years of saying one day i will buy it and i finally got the chance. ;)

so here is the pics
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...ti5-frontc.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...sti5-sidea.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...sti5-backa.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...-interiora.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...i5-enginea.jpg

as for the spec:

2.0 litre with 8.3 to 1 compression ratio, RCM build
Std Sti 5 cams
Heads were skimmed and crack detected
Vernier cam pulleys
Omega pistons (10cc bowl)
Arrow rods
Spec C main and big end bearings
STi WRC nitrided crank
740cc injectors
SX fuel regulator set at 3.4 bar atmospheric
Bosch Motorsport fuel pump mounted in tank, special fit to allow drag racing with the fuel light on.
Reverse flow to the fuel rails
GTspec 2 tubular headers (RCM) fully heat wrapped
Harvey Smith up pipe fully lagged fully heat wrapped
My design Janspeed full 3” exhaust
K & N induction
HKS FMIC
GT35/P20 hybrid Turbo (Garret) fitted with 1.5 bar actuator
No dump valve
4 bar map sensor
Simtek ecu with antilag/launch and Nitrous option.
Water/methanol injection to the intercooler, Aquamist kit triggered from ecu.
Circle earthing kit to engine bay
Spec C boot mounted tank for the water/meth
Six speed JDM gearbox,
STI organic uprated clutch
6.4 kg billet flywheel
Plated limited slip rear diff, wire locked
Group N engine mounts
Group N gearbox mounts
HKS large diameter boost gauge (2.5 bar)
Defi oil temp gauge
Defi oil pressure gauge
Defi water temp gauge
Defi fuel pressure gauge
Defi egt gauge
The oil temp/pressure and egt gauges are pod mounted in lift up pod to allow top box use (stealth)
Proflex fast road coilover suspension,
Front aluminium strut brace
Rear aluminium strut brace
Front brakes AP four pots will fit under 16” rims
Rear brakes are std
Pads are DS2500 front and rear
Brake bias mod has been done (removed) and als currently disabled

It is Currently mapped for straight V Power plus water methanol injection (50% meth and 50% distilled water) on map 1 and just V Power on map 2. Map 1 boost 1.9 and map 2 boost 1.5 (that’s the minimum boost it will run btw)

here is a graph before the boost was raised, it has been run and made 504 but an average is 480 bhp 430/440 lb

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...ti5-graphb.jpg

so there you go, that is the replacement to the type 25. If anyone can tell me who it used to belong to i will pop a bottle of NF booster in the post as he was kind enough to give me two bottle too.

kind regards (and sorry for the long post)

steve

type-ellis 19 December 2009 07:11 PM

Looks nice mate and great power you got there

Marx Mcrae 19 December 2009 07:42 PM

That looks fantastic, still looks nice and subtle untill you put your foot down
looks like a great spec too.

tweaks 19 December 2009 07:58 PM

bet thats an animal !!! well done looks a great motor with a fantastic spec ;)

Tim(slightly envious):thumb:

marklemac 19 December 2009 08:29 PM

That's Bob Rawles car :) (WAS)

marklemac 19 December 2009 08:29 PM

And yes, it is an awesome motor :)

Mifo 19 December 2009 08:34 PM

damn, bet that t25 seemed slow in comparison!!:)

Im thinking about moving from newage to classic myself. Not had one before so hopefully I wont regret it.

stevie1982 19 December 2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by tweaks (Post 9108718)
bet thats an animal !!! well done looks a great motor with a fantastic spec ;)

Tim(slightly envious):thumb:

cheers tim, and yes it is but i am still yet to try it weather is poop round here at the minute and to go from a 350bhp newgae to a 500bhp classic it is a completly different animal so just taking it nice and easy to get used to it

stevie1982 19 December 2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by marklemac (Post 9108794)
That's Bob Rawles car :) (WAS)

and the bottle of NF goes to this man, yes it WAS bob's car and i have to say what a genuine and decent guy he is. i have used him for mapping etc over the years but he has answered all and i mean all of my stupid questions, pestering emails regarding the car he is a true gent.

and it truely is an amazing car

marklemac 19 December 2009 08:51 PM

He is indeed a true gent.

So has Bob replaced the Scoob, or is he just sticking with the Porker now ?

I'll pm my address over Steve :)

The Dogs B******s 19 December 2009 09:17 PM

Very nice:thumb:

stevie1982 19 December 2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by marklemac (Post 9108839)

just the porker at the minute but he was saying he was going ot get a uk 06 / 07 sti as ecutek (not sure if that bit is correct) are releasing a new ecu for the flyby wire throttle and he wants to get testing on it and i would assume do what he did to the classic and start from the begining and build up to a similar spec. so hence why he wanted to get rid of the sti 5 and i was lucky enough to be in contact with him regarding a p1 i was looking at that i saw on pistonheads that he had mapped and got talking about his sti 5 and then he said he would be selling in the new year but agreed to let me have it today!!! did joke with him that in 5 years i would buy the hawkeye off him

stevie1982 19 December 2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9108805)
damn, bet that t25 seemed slow in comparison!!:)

Im thinking about moving from newage to classic myself. Not had one before so hopefully I wont regret it.

the type 25 was and is a bloody cracking car, could not fault it one bit other than the flat four burble not being there obviously due to the headers.

but yes mate i did ask bob kindly if he would be able to drive it as the weather has been bad and he obvioulsy knows the car better than anyone which he kindly did although he on managed about 2/3rd throttle due to the conditions but that was more than enough, never been in a car soo powerful so i am taking it easy at the moment.

in all honesty i like the newage, cleaner, fresher , more comfortable etc but they lack the raw'ness of a classic. before you buy or sell up i would test drive a couple first to make sure.

stevie1982 19 December 2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 9108889)
Very nice:thumb:

cheers mate

jameswrx 19 December 2009 11:20 PM

What an awesome car, great spec and nice late classic sti! Lucky bugger that falling into your lap

Terminator X 20 December 2009 10:42 AM

Nice, very nice :) think you need some more gauges though ;)

TX.

Edit - just read the spec :luvlove:

stevie1982 20 December 2009 11:34 AM

cheers james, it took 4 years to get my fingers on it but boy it was worth the wait. not a bad xmas present to myself huh.

TX cheers pal, the spec is ouyt of this world. the recipts for some of the work carried out shocked me the money that has been put into the car is something i could only of dreamed about doing myself.

hope to see some of you all at some track days next year

mantazini 20 December 2009 11:46 AM

:cool:

utaka 20 December 2009 12:00 PM

bob rawles old motor, most impressive. not only do you know it will be a ROCKET you know its been well looked after by a guy who is defo in the know when it comes to subarus, and it will be well mapped. nice car fella

jameswrx 20 December 2009 12:10 PM

If it was registered in sept 99 and has sti 6 bits (can see the rear spoiler too) surely it is a Version 6? ie after august 99. Or is it a Version 5 on the chassis code?

I'd love a late STI classic like that.

I'm searching for a bugeye STI wagon myself, rare as hell but I'm in no hurry (just taken deposit on my sonic wagon and have my evo to use until find something)

stevie1982 20 December 2009 12:50 PM

Just going by what bob said James. It's sti 5 with sti 6 trim ie lip spoiler and rear spoiler. I will check the codes out, not sure what a 5 and 6 should be though.
And best of luck finding a sti bugeye wagon don't think they made many

jameswrx 20 December 2009 01:15 PM

Thanks, I know I'll be looking a while!

Have a look at this link and check against your chassis code, I'm sure Bob is right but may be worth a check as you never know..

Which Car is a WRX STi

Essentially it it's GC8FXXX it'll be v5, if it'd GC8GXXX it'll be v6.

stevie1982 20 December 2009 05:13 PM

cheers for that james i will take a look and let you know.

not sure but i tmight be worth you speaking to a few of the tuners they might know of some owners or i believe david at api imports the odd car so he might be able to source one for you.

Moley 20 December 2009 05:23 PM

Looking good mate

M444GY 20 December 2009 09:49 PM

that is a fooking cool car . power is nice and you are a lucky guy . id love a car with that spec :thumb:

Terminator X 20 December 2009 10:31 PM

Remember seeing this when Bob mapped my Spec C + couldn't believe the power it was running when he told me! Out of interest what is & where does the bonnet scoop replacement come from? I'd love something similar on mine :)

TX.

stevie1982 20 December 2009 10:45 PM

Moley + maggy cheers for the comments, and maggy I always wanted to build something like this but found it hard to justify the money to do it so always settled for the 350 mark but to have the chance to buy a spec / car like this from a guy such as bob is just an added bonus as yiu know it's been looked after and yiu know for sure the mapping is spot on!

TX i am sure you can get them from roger Clark mate do think they are cheap though think a few hindered quid but with the money that was spent with them building the engine for the first time, let alone the second stage to take it further I hope it was thrown in lol.

MartinJDM 20 December 2009 11:19 PM

Awesome car mate, very very nice - one question though, how does it drive with all that power? is it a complete animal?

stevie1982 21 December 2009 09:17 AM

martin - i am yet to really find out mate as the weather is poop here at the minute loads of ice all over the place so i am taking it easy but what i have seen is very very impressive its nothing like anything i have been in before let alone driven. i can understand why people go for more and more bhp as its something else. dont get me wrong 350bhp in a scoob is not slow and is a very capable car but 500 now that is as you put it an animal

stevie1982 21 December 2009 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by marklemac (Post 9108839)

Tracking number sent mate :) bottle of NF on its way :thumb: