ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   CIS card help please (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/805646-cis-card-help-please.html)

pikeywrx 17 December 2009 06:05 PM

CIS card help please

Been trying to work out how i apply for one abut the application is really hard. I am pretty thick! lol

Can some one tell m what i have to do or help me through it please.

pikeywrx 17 December 2009 06:19 PM

Wheres nate and snazy when you need them they could probably fill in form with all my details with out me even telling them.

Pmsl

Clarebabes 17 December 2009 06:37 PM

CIS card, what's one of those? Is it the construction CSCS card now or have I got that completely wrong?

scoobyvirgin 17 December 2009 07:04 PM

Filled mine in at the local tax office. Ages since I did it tho so not much help.

mikef04 17 December 2009 07:22 PM

CIS are no more you have a UTR, to get this do it online or ring tax office. all your need in your national insurance number. CSCS are health and safety tickets.

rolo-pencombe 17 December 2009 07:24 PM

can i suggest an accountant- if your after a cis no. i assume its cos your self employed and need it for your tax purposes if this is the case you'll probably need him for other aspects of your business and they can be quite helpfull. as an aside the old cis system has been scrapped now and in order to work for somebody else as self employed you need to be deemed to be taking a risk and not be on a salary/labour only (there is a time limit as to how long you can go on for like this without being on the books) again consult an accountant that's their job not mine i'm only a carpenter!!!!!!!!

Xx-IAN-xX 17 December 2009 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mikef04 (Post 9105439)
CIS are no more you have a UTR, to get this do it online or ring tax office. all your need in your national insurance number. CSCS are health and safety tickets.

cscs are construction skills certificate scheme :thumb:

as for cis HM Revenue & Customs: Subcontractor registration and obligations:thumb:

pikeywrx 17 December 2009 08:54 PM

Its definatly a Cis card need it for self employment, Also needing a Sia Card. Whats with all these cards!!!! lol

scoobyvirgin 18 December 2009 11:32 AM

What area are you trying to get in to?

WRX_Dazza 18 December 2009 11:37 AM

CIS is a status, not a card..... its a method for a contractor to pay another contractor and take account deductions etc....

as above, your UTR number (if you are self employed will do temporarily) other than that, the online application above.

i applied for mine ages ago (and i had a UTR number) and i still not had anything back from them !! so im paying temp tax 30% until sorted. no biggy, just another from of saving lol :)

Xx-IAN-xX 18 December 2009 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9106469)
CIS is a status, not a card..... its a method for a contractor to pay another contractor and take account deductions etc....

as above, your UTR number (if you are self employed will do temporarily) other than that, the online application above.

i applied for mine ages ago (and i had a UTR number) and i still not had anything back from them !! so im paying temp tax 30% until sorted. no biggy, just another from of saving lol :)

Roll on April then Dazza :D

Jamie 18 December 2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9105369)
CIS card, what's one of those? Is it the construction CSCS card now or have I got that completely wrong?

:lol1: