ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   £800 investment.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/805540-800-investment.html)

WRX_Dazza 16 December 2009 09:11 PM

£800 investment....

SKYWAY STREETBEAT 1985 OLD SCHOOL BMX TOP SPEC on eBay (end time 16-Dec-09 21:58:47 GMT)

prob wont ever see another one of these!!!

Nate 16 December 2009 09:28 PM

then buy it ;)

ABW 16 December 2009 10:13 PM

I've got one in my shed ;)

WRX_Dazza 16 December 2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 9103978)
then buy it ;)

i want a white bmx :cry: (with black rims)

:eek: @ Dal !!!! :thumb:

bibo_boy 16 December 2009 11:43 PM

I've got a Burner in my shed!

Nate 17 December 2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bibo_boy (Post 9104275)
I've got a Burner in my shed!

I've got a Paraffin heater in mine ;)

Arkwright 17 December 2009 09:22 AM

Lawnmower :razz:

scooby_seb 17 December 2009 09:25 AM

swimming pool, no roof lol.

Arkwright 17 December 2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by scooby_seb (Post 9104555)
swimming pool, no roof lol.

That`s a skating rink then. :thumb:

WRX_Dazza 17 December 2009 05:35 PM

i haven't even got a shed.....

no comments about my car either you lot !!!! (denies Golf DC his moment of satisfaction)

53 17 December 2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ABW (Post 9104093)
I've got one in my shed ;)

Do you remember Kevin Barker in your year at school Dal, absolute legend on a bmx:notworthy

Diesel_DC 17 December 2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9105283)
i haven't even got a shed.....

no comments about my car either you lot !!!! (denies Golf DC his moment of satisfaction)

:Suspiciou:hjtwofing

ABW 17 December 2009 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9105332)
Do you remember Kevin Barker in your year at school Dal, absolute legend on a bmx:notworthy

Yes mate , I used to race with him . Seems a while ago now :lol1:

53 17 December 2009 10:27 PM

Lol he lived over the road, we regularly volunteered to be jumped over using bricks and wooden sailboards...great days mate great days !:D

WRX_Dazza 17 December 2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9105873)
Lol he lived over the road, we regularly volunteered to be jumped over using bricks and wooden sailboards...great days mate great days !:D

:eek:

reminds me of my mate laying under one of my milkcrate and chipboard ramps....

well, you can guess what happened there....... i revised my design to incorporate plywood board instead, but for some reason he still wouldn't oblidge !!! :wonder:

53 17 December 2009 11:34 PM

We had loads of wooden sail boards left over from having tiles put on instead, used them for kickstart in the garden too...:D I think in terms of freedom, innovation and fun, if you are aged between 40 and 30 these days you had one of the best child hood eras you could wish for !

Dazza chipboard lol :lol1::cuckoo:

WRX_Dazza 18 December 2009 12:00 AM

ahem.... 41 and 30 ;)
xxx

scooby seb 18 December 2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9105980)
We had loads of wooden sail boards left over from having tiles put on instead, used them for kickstart in the garden too...:D I think in terms of freedom, innovation and fun, if you are aged between 40 and 30 these days you had one of the best child hood eras you could wish for !

Dazza chipboard lol :lol1::cuckoo:

2nd that we used to have so much fun, i remember when we was about 7/8 there was a factory behind the fields we used to play in and about 8 of us sneeked in to the grounds a nicked this massive wooden crete/ box which was about 10 ft long and 6 ft wide, the parents that saw us walking across the field said it was the funniest thing they had seen as all you could see was 8 pairs of legs coming out the bottom of the box walking it across the field:D we then dug out a huge hole and plonked that on top and had our own under ground den:) then we built a 2 story tree house with proper army camo net drapped over it, and a bmx track with jumps, trench's the lot, oh those were the days lol,

kids seam more interested in ps3's and xbox's now??? xmas day always looks dead now, when we were kids there was loads of us out on our new bike's, skates,skate boards or with rc cars?? whats happened:confused:

Diesel_DC 18 December 2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by scooby seb (Post 9106361)
skates,skate boards or with rc cars?? whats happened:confused:

Don't worry they are the mandatory contents of the ESC fad crews garages/lofts :lol1:

WRX_Dazza 18 December 2009 10:51 AM

FPMSL Dave !!!

SirFozzalot 18 December 2009 11:19 AM

Don't forget the bikes and kites too! :thumb:

:lol1:

My brother has a couple of "new" original 80's BMX's in his loft in mint condition, one of those is a Skyway! :notworthy

scooby seb 18 December 2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by V6GOLF_DC (Post 9106365)
Don't worry they are the mandatory contents of the ESC fad crews garages/lofts :lol1:

thats ok then, still got my petrol rc car, that fad lasted all of a month the other year and cost hundreds, still got my skates that seemed like a good idea to start going skating at roller world but only got used twice? another waste of a hundred odd quid for 2 nights:o and sold my GT race bmx that i also bought a fews years back when i decided i wanted to start racing a bmx, so bought the bike a fox lid all the padding and gloves and never raced it lol

i'm sure if i never went threw these fads i'd have a nice white hawk eye sitting outside now:lol1:

WRX_Dazza 18 December 2009 12:51 PM

SS, you're in the right club mate.... :)

scooby seb 18 December 2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9106576)
SS, you're in the right club mate.... :)

i always thought i felt right at home here :lol1:

Tiny 18 December 2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by scooby seb (Post 9106525)
thats ok then, still got my petrol rc car, that fad lasted all of a month the other year and cost hundreds, still got my skates that seemed like a good idea to start going skating at roller world but only got used twice? another waste of a hundred odd quid for 2 nights:o and sold my GT race bmx that i also bought a fews years back when i decided i wanted to start racing a bmx, so bought the bike a fox lid all the padding and gloves and never raced it lol

i'm sure if i never went threw these fads i'd have a nice white hawk eye sitting outside now:lol1:

Yeah baby :notworthy:notworthy

Milamber 18 December 2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by scooby seb (Post 9106525)

Scott, if you spent every penny you've ever earnt and will ever earn in the future on fad's you would still be an amateur compared to Tiny :lol1:

Nurse Gladys 18 December 2009 03:06 PM

:lol::lol::lol: :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :lol::lol::lol:

scooby seb 18 December 2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9106754)
Scott, if you spent every penny you've ever earnt and will ever earn in the future on fad's you would still be an amateur compared to Tiny :lol1:

i'm going to copy this and frame it to show kathryn that i'm not that bad after all then:lol1:

scooby seb 18 December 2009 05:38 PM

perhaps we could organise a fads days where we all dig out every thing we have bought thinking it was a good idea at the time:wonder: then we could all do a swop at the end of the day so we get a new fad but it has'nt cost you anything to start up but you still get to waste all your money on upgrades for them:idea:

trails 19 December 2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9106018)
ahem.... 41 and 30 ;)
xxx

Had to post really :lol1:

The 4130 is a code of the American Iron & Steel Institute and defines the approximate chemical composition of the steel.
The "41" denotes a low alloy steel containing nominally 1 percent chromium and 0.2 percent molybdenum (hence the nickname "chromoly"). The "30" denotes a carbon content of 0.30 percent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_1585.jpg