ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Charity Bags (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/805279-charity-bags.html)

idf101 15 December 2009 09:57 AM

Charity Bags

OK. I am aware of the time of year but does anyone else get loads of charity bags pushed through the door it is really p**sing me off!
I now must get three to four a week and i would run out of clothes in two weeks if i filled them all!
But what really gets me is that they never pick up the empty bag when it is left outside they just look and drive on, so they now go directly in the bin and i will not put anything in them as i do not want to encourage them.

what would scooby do 15 December 2009 10:18 AM

Don't be so mean. I usually put my rubbish in them or half a brick :D

hutton_d 15 December 2009 10:27 AM

Move to the country - they can't be ar5ed to come all the way out here to put them through the door!

Dave

Scooby Soon! 15 December 2009 10:54 AM

easy way of solving catalogues , charity bags, etc being left outside your house put them directly in the bin the same day never put one back out. I even made the yellow pages man take the yellow pages back.

Even though I live on a main road 1 mile from a town my house has an invisible forcefield around it that stops these people leaving them anymore :)

CrisPDuk 15 December 2009 01:01 PM

What is the problem, thanks to the huge number of the loody things that come through our door, We've not had to buy a rubbish bag in years :thumb:

Turbo2 15 December 2009 03:24 PM

We can go 3 months without sight nor sound of a charity bag and then we'll get 3 different ones in 3 days. Trouble is that 2 of them won't bother to collect the (full) bag on the day specified and the third one will be for some "charity" in Lithuania or somewhere else with a mild mafia element!

Avi 15 December 2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 9101065)
What is the problem, thanks to the huge number of the loody things that come through our door, We've not had to buy a rubbish bag in years :thumb:

Yup

Excellent for the kitchen bin.

I get at lest 3 a week. All from companies who appear to be midrepresenting themselves as charities, but if you read the small print, only make a donation to charity every month (it doesn;t often specify how much).

My mate runs a vintage clothes shop , and buys these bags for a couple of quid each. Sometime it's all rubbish, other times he'll get £200 of sales out of them.

StickyMicky 15 December 2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by idf101 (Post 9100792)
But what really gets me is that they never pick up the empty bag when it is left outside

Agreed 100%

We have a communal mailbox outside for everybody to use (all separate letter boxes)

I come home from work, open the mailbox, find a few bags, put them on top of the mail box along with everybody else, they never get picked up EVER!h

pikeywrx 15 December 2009 05:13 PM

Rags and clothes are worth about 5 times more than a car wieged in although you get really done for stealing off a charity lol.

My way off getting round all unwanted post is to put dogs out in garden!