ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dear Mr Blair - could you clarify please? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/804983-dear-mr-blair-could-you-clarify-please.html)

David Lock 13 December 2009 06:32 PM

Dear Mr Blair - could you clarify please?

So you felt it was acceptable to seek regime change in Iraq 'cos of nasty Mr Saddam. But apparently this was not suitable in Zimbabwe whose President has ruined the country, killed thousands and tortured hundreds.

dl

And btw, both would have been illegal.

greenonedave 13 December 2009 06:37 PM

one has oil the other has not, and Mr Bush did not care about Africa

Snazy 13 December 2009 07:18 PM

Amazing how now he can come out with that, but nothing will happen about it.

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 08:15 PM

We stood shoulder to shoulder with our Allies and kicked out a corrupt regime in a land of oil ....... it was in the west's interests ... end of.

Took a strong man to make that call ...

alcazar 13 December 2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9097971)
We stood shoulder to shoulder with our Allies and kicked out a corrupt regime in a land of oil ....... it was in the west's interests ... end of.

And a troll to make that statement.:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Give it a rest, Pete:Whatever_

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 08:53 PM

That's my genuine opinion, I am entitled to it .... my position hasn't changed since the war - just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it's trolling :rolleyes:

Snazy 13 December 2009 09:13 PM

What is your stance on someone that lies and uses smoke screens to send his troops to battle, then says openly he lied ?

Genuine question.
Regardless of how valid the cause was, a lie is a lie.

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 09:18 PM

Men in charge are there for a reason ..... they take difficult decisions - If I had to lie to protect my country I would lie too.

Remember that these men in power take masses of information on board and agonise for a long time before taking the greater view ..... that's why we are not these great men, we wouldn't live up to what was required of us.

Yes, he lied ... clearly. Was it worth it? I believe so.

That's my opinion.

dpb 13 December 2009 09:25 PM

The weasel sided with the biggest aggressor the world over cos he knew it was very unlikely to hurt his career

Thats what happened :thumb:

Snazy 13 December 2009 09:29 PM

I wonder if he lied about Dr Kelly as well eh?
Difficult decision, but had to have him silenced?

A lie is a lie. Its not what is expected of people with such power.

Given that lying is now officially acceptable, I would hate to know what other lies have gone on.

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 09:43 PM

Plenty of lies go on within governments and between governments .....

Martin2005 13 December 2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by greenonedave (Post 9097696)
one has oil the other has not, and Mr Bush did not care about Africa

There is no oil in Sierra Leone or Kosovo either, but you 'forgot' to mention those, proably because they destroy your argument

richie001 13 December 2009 09:59 PM

Pete and Martin,I bet your opinion would be different if it was a Tory goverment who lied about WMD.

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 10:02 PM

Although before your time .... I backed Thatcher when she sank the Belgrano!!

Last time I looked she was a Tory .... your claim falls flat on its face.

She lied about which way it was travelling, so sank it ........ lies, from Tories? Never! :rolleyes:

dpb 13 December 2009 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 9098349)
There is no oil in Sierra Leone or Kosovo either, but you 'forgot' to mention those, proably because they destroy your argument

Oil Discovered at Liberia-Sierra Leone Border | Liberian Observer

Clearly its a whole lot easier to ransack a few nodding donkeys tho :)

Martin2005 13 December 2009 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9098376)
Pete and Martin,I bet your opinion would be different if it was a Tory goverment who lied about WMD.

2 things

Firstly I couldn't a damn which party is in power, I have no natural allegence to either Tory or Labour

Secondly, it's pure speculation on your part when you claim that lies were told

richie001 13 December 2009 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9098383)
Although before your time .... I backed Thatcher when she sank the Belgrano!!

Last time I looked she was a Tory .... your claim falls flat on its face.

I was born in 1973 Pete and she didn't lie about the Falklands Pete and she didn't send soldiers into war with NO body armor and with only 5 bullets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-soldiers.html

Anyway Pete that's not what i asked.SO will you answer my question?

cster 13 December 2009 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9097971)

Or a poodle more like.;)

SunnySideUp 13 December 2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9098398)
I was born in 1973 Pete and she didn't lie about the Falklands Pete

You were about 8 years old, than?

But she DID lie about the Belgrano, didn't she? Yes or no?

OH, yes, the USA also allowed us to use their spy satellite information .... even though, in public, they remained neutral.

Guv 13 December 2009 11:13 PM

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5)

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 2 of 5)

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 3 of 5)

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 4 of 5)

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 5 of 5)

You'll find some answers here, but its unfortunate that some people just think they know better than every one else

Jamz3k 13 December 2009 11:30 PM

Oh deary me!
http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

SunnySideUp 14 December 2009 09:15 AM

Tracking chip ... excellent idea! (you Tube Part 5 above)

I would have one fitted ...... and hold down the pikeys and Chavs whilst theirs was fitted - what a brilliant idea!

Then, everyone, would know where everyone else was - end of crime?

Where do I vote for it?

unclebuck 14 December 2009 09:32 AM

The truely unhinged are barking at the moon again....

:cuckoo:

Leslie 14 December 2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9098312)
Plenty of lies go on within governments and between governments .....

It cannot be justified if they use information to bamboozle the country and government with intelligence which they knew to be lies in order to drag the country into an illegal war, in Billy Liar's case in order to suck up to his US matey boy who both had their own nefarious reasons.

Regime change is internationally illegal and there was no UN resolution which justified them to attach Iraq.

The man who was responsible for JIC where the so called intelligence was modified to Billy Boy's requirements was promoted to be the head of the Intelligence Services incidentally!

Billy Boy's instant reaction when no WMD were found was to say that he did not apologise for the regime change in Iraq.

He was not prepared to apologise for the many many thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who were killed in the attacks and the destruction of their country, with no plan whatsoever to deal with the aftermath of the attacks. The only importance to them was to get their hands on the oil. They had the wells repaired before any other part of the country!

This is a sordid tale of naked ambition by a very few and the story should be laid open in all its shameful truth and the perpetrators tried for war crimes.

Most have not forgotten Dr David Kelly who was hounded to his death after his real knowledge did not suit the situation ar far as the prime movers were concerned!

It would make not a scrap of difference which political party was in power while all this was happening.

Les:(

Snazy 14 December 2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9098976)
It cannot be justified if they use information to bamboozle the country and government with intelligence which they knew to be lies in order to drag the country into an illegal war, in Billy Liar's case in order to suck up to his US matey boy who both had their own nefarious reasons.

Regime change is internationally illegal and there was no UN resolution which justified them to attach Iraq.

The man who was responsible for JIC where the so called intelligence was modified to Billy Boy's requirements was promoted to be the head of the Intelligence Services incidentally!

Billy Boy's instant reaction when no WMD were found was to say that he did not apologise for the regime change in Iraq.

He was not prepared to apologise for the many many thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who were killed in the attacks and the destruction of their country, with no plan whatsoever to deal with the aftermath of the attacks. The only importance to them was to get their hands on the oil. They had the wells repaired before any other part of the country!

This is a sordid tale of naked ambition by a very few and the story should be laid open in all its shameful truth and the perpetrators tried for war crimes.

Most have not forgotten Dr David Kelly who was hounded to his death after his real knowledge did not suit the situation ar far as the prime movers were concerned!

It would make not a scrap of difference which political party was in power while all this was happening.

Les:(

Well said Les!
As for the Dr Kelly bit, Blair has now admitted he was willing to lie. Now the question of was he hounded or silenced! :eek: Im still willing to believe the latter.
Would that be ok too Pete? Shut someone up because they are going to expose you?

SunnySideUp 14 December 2009 01:39 PM

Didn't he kill himself?

Snazy 14 December 2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9099243)
Didn't he kill himself?

Well thats what we have been led to believe yes. But there were a lot of unanswered questions, and a few strange factors involved were there not?

So, as the enquiry into his death was set up to see if there was foul play.... Would B.Liar have stooped low enough to kill someone to cover up his plot. After all he was willing to lie about other things.

Leslie 14 December 2009 03:26 PM

He had not enough pills in him to kill him according to the doctors and the one wrist vein which was cut would stop bleeding before there was a significant loss of blood and also the medics said that was nowhere near enough blood on or soaked into the ground to cause death.

I wonder how he died then?

Les

Snazy 14 December 2009 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9099477)
He had not enough pills in him to kill him according to the doctors and the one wrist vein which was cut would stop bleeding before there was a significant loss of blood and also the medics said that was nowhere near enough blood on or soaked into the ground to cause death.

I wonder how he died then?

Les

What say Pete on this ? :confused:

These were the facts as I understood them too (from the media reports anyway)
There is a movement to re-open the investigation. I wonder what the findings will be.

Happy to lie to send your troops into an illegal war, so whats stopping him whacking a Dr that is gonna present damning details.

richie001 14 December 2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9099503)
What say Pete on this ? :confused:

Your be lucky to get a reply from Pete on any subject which criticizes Tony Blair.