ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   how much for respray ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/803830-how-much-for-respray.html)

malpas1977 06 December 2009 08:16 PM

how much for respray ??

can anyone tell me how much I'm looking at for a respray on my classic?? the paint around the front screen is blistering and has loads of stone chips. VALUE FOR MONEY IS WORSHIPED as i know people pay thousands for resprays.

Quasi Modo 06 December 2009 08:25 PM

What colour you got? If it's just a flash over in the same basic colour it shouldn't be anything like that.

type r k 06 December 2009 08:32 PM

hi you prob wont get much change out £2000 for a good job or you could get one done on the side for half the price a would say its hard finding someone to do it on the side

malpas1977 06 December 2009 08:47 PM

thanks for your quick responce:thumb::thumb::thumb:

the colour is ltd edition metalic green. i was told the name but forgot.
i have a mate who works in a body shop who i could ask but want to remain friends :lol1: their is loads of seals and other bits that need removing before a respray, if they not taken off or put back right i will never sleep at night.

type r k 06 December 2009 09:03 PM

yea lots of clips and trim to remove but it makes a better job in the end to remove as much as poss am sure your mate wont be 2 hard on you
good luck with the paint job:luxhello:

malpas1977 06 December 2009 09:33 PM

i think im going have a good look around in the xmas sales :lol1: to see what my money can buy :lol1: where are the people who do it for the love not the money when you need em ?? :brickwall

TonyBurns 06 December 2009 09:37 PM

I had the following resprayed earlier this year, roof (same problem as you, slight blistering around the original screen), boot, front bumper had a scrape on it so that was done, both rear quarters/arches as the arches were starting to rust (hed did a very good job ;)) price wise, I had a fair bit (lot) of change out of 1k ;) but you have not said where you are.

Tony:)

malpas1977 06 December 2009 09:53 PM

im in the west midlands:) does it cost more being a brummy ??:lol1::lol1::lol1:

TonyBurns 06 December 2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by malpas1977 (Post 9085464)
im in the west midlands:) does it cost more being a brummy ??:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Probably :lol1: best ask the west mids guys where they go ;)

Tony:)

r1c 06 December 2009 11:38 PM

At the end of the day you will get what you pay for, cheap invoice cheap job, may not be straight off but it will eventually show, I'm on my 3rd spray due to lack of funds, luckily this time I'm paying for a spot on job, don't forget the motor trade is on it's arse at the minute, they should be looking to take on work, I say shop round do loads of research paint is very important it really stands out, if the paint is ****, the car looks ****!! Simples !!!

malpas1977 09 December 2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by r1c (Post 9085655)
At the end of the day you will get what you pay for, cheap invoice cheap job, may not be straight off but it will eventually show, I'm on my 3rd spray due to lack of funds, luckily this time I'm paying for a spot on job, don't forget the motor trade is on it's arse at the minute, they should be looking to take on work, I say shop round do loads of research paint is very important it really stands out, if the paint is ****, the car looks ****!! Simples !!!

just what i was thinking :thumb: just needed to know how much a decent respray is nowadays.i was working around the £2500 mark but didn't know if this was enough. i believe in doing things right the first time, i hate having hassle and waisting money. all the best with your new paint job hope all goes well.