ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Hawkeye Front Splitter from Revolution (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/802820-hawkeye-front-splitter-from-revolution.html)

STI Mav 30 November 2009 05:40 PM

Hawkeye Front Splitter from Revolution

Has anyone else purchased a front splitter for their Hawkeye Impreza from Revolution ??

Once I had painted it and prepared it for installation, I jacked the car up expecting to find holes or lugs that I could at least bolt the splitter to but nothing seems to line up with the exception of 2 or 3 of the main ones.

I guess it's a case of drilling into the underside of the bumper - can anyone advise ??

y2jasp 30 November 2009 06:46 PM

I received one on friday from revolution.

I fitted it using the 4 lugs and clips that are already on the bumpers (2 each side) and then have put a cople of the screws in the middle of the bumper. (drilled a small pilot hole first)

seems fine to me.

would like to know if other people have fitted there using all the screws though???

STI Mav 30 November 2009 06:58 PM

Did you not find that the fit wasn't....... well exactly right ??

If I offer the splitter up to my bumper the 4 lugs you are reffering to, do indeed match up so I could bolt through those, but I can't imagine it's held on particuarly well ?? I was having to hold one end of the splitter to the car whilst my dad held the other just to get it to sit right at either side.

53 30 November 2009 06:59 PM

Most come with self tappers in addition to the OEM fittings.

y2jasp 30 November 2009 07:32 PM

I fitted on my own just first off all just though the oem holes and lugs and thought after that it seems a good fit with just them.

just decided to put a couple of extra screws in to make sure.

is currently sitting nice and snug up to the bumper.

i didn't really want to drill about 10 holes in my bumper.

Ive done about 100 miles since friday and has seemed fine.

scoobyhurky 01 December 2009 05:55 PM

when i fitted mine i used all the plastic screw/plugs in the bumper and the fit was ok never had a problem

a16pse 02 December 2009 04:44 PM

whats the website for revolution , so i can order a splitter,cheers steve.

Luckyscoob 02 December 2009 07:52 PM

I chose to put additional screws in aswell. Its been on for two years now with no probs. Just watch low kurbs. :eek:

sparkey67 02 December 2009 08:01 PM

i had one on my hawkeye used the 4 plastic plug & but 6 self tapers in & was no problem

a16pse 02 December 2009 10:05 PM

hi luckyscoob its steve from nottingham how are you mate , i had my motor mapped by simon 340 and 368 torques so very nice now, just ordered my splitter we will have to meet up sometime on a track day.

richiewong 02 December 2009 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by a16pse (Post 9078729)
whats the website for revolution , so i can order a splitter,cheers steve.

New Age Subaru Styling

REVOLUTION 04 December 2009 10:21 AM

Hi

We supply the self tapping screws with the splitter and they normally suffice, a few customers have opted to put extra screws in just to make sure.
We had one of these splitters on our Hawkeye demo car the whole time we had it with just the supplied fixings and it was fine, even did a 3 day trip to the ring and Spa with it on and some rather high speeds on the un restricted Autobahns!!
If anyone is after a splitter give me a call and I will see if I can't do you a deal.

Thanks

Keith

STI Mav 04 December 2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION (Post 9081439)
Hi

We supply the self tapping screws with the splitter and they normally suffice, a few customers have opted to put extra screws in just to make sure.
We had one of these splitters on our Hawkeye demo car the whole time we had it with just the supplied fixings and it was fine, even did a 3 day trip to the ring and Spa with it on and some rather high speeds on the un restricted Autobahns!!
If anyone is after a splitter give me a call and I will see if I can't do you a deal.

Thanks

Keith

Sent you a PM on the above. Would appreciate a response.

Cheers

STI Mav

REVOLUTION 04 December 2009 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by STI Mav (Post 9081668)
Sent you a PM on the above. Would appreciate a response.

Cheers

STI Mav

Sorry, been in a meeting his afternoon.

PM Now replied to

Keith