ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Arsenal and Chelsea.......today! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/802604-arsenal-and-chelsea-today.html)

Tenby 29 November 2009 01:20 PM

Arsenal and Chelsea.......today!

should be a brill game. KO 4pm, chelsea more or less full strength but arsenal missing important player, RVP for one.

Would ave been good to see them both battle at full strength but should be a brill game still

richie001 29 November 2009 01:28 PM

interesting to see how Arsenal handle Didier Drogba because in the past Drogba has been the different between the two side's.

DaveBeck 29 November 2009 02:12 PM

As above. Senderos isnt playing though lol

really looking forward to it. hoping for a free flowing classic. We CAN NOT stop you from scoring today so its all about how many we score. We need Arshavin to light it up

see you on here later Chelsea fans

Tenby 29 November 2009 02:25 PM

after seeing chelseas midweek game, much will depend on how much they can get away with hacks and dives :o

Quasi Modo 29 November 2009 02:41 PM

Arsenal's consistency probs as usual, no good beating Chelsea and then losing/drawing a few afterwards. Too many lazy over paid foreign players that leave at the drop of a cheque book. Old fart's rant over with.;)
"Come on the Gunners":cool:

Tenby 29 November 2009 02:56 PM

Ade?

shamone 29 November 2009 03:11 PM

it's all about fagregas....

if chelski manage to rough him up and keep close enough to him then they'll have the edge, if not he'll boss the centre of the park and win the game for bumnal

Tenby 29 November 2009 03:22 PM

off to the pub to watch it now

Aaron1978 29 November 2009 03:24 PM

It's not that Arsenal are inconsistant as such, more because they need to be able to win ugly and win the physical battles that some teams will use. In Song their getting there and that is why IMO they are closer and a better team, they are stil a CB CM and a striker short of being a serious title winner IMO. Today will be the toughest test for Vermalean (SP) in DD.

I'm looking forward to it today and hopefully a draw, or if not a Arsenal win.

Aaron:thumb:

DaveBeck 29 November 2009 05:50 PM

Chelsea's defence is immense, coupled with Drogba's strength.

i thought we did well and 3 is a little generous imo. any other team in the PL and we would have got through the defence at least once

pauld37 29 November 2009 05:55 PM

Certainly looking tough to score against us at the moment Dave, you had plenty of posession too.
Strange how last season we couldn't get a result against the other 3

DaveBeck 29 November 2009 06:01 PM

we was great at getting into the final 3rd then played it out wide, then remembered no one can cross and that we have a short squad who cant head the ball. played in back in middle into Mikel,Essien and Lampard territory. No contest.

You look like scoring every time and defend. Terry looking like the old PL champion he was.

Least Drogba is in my dream team

richie001 29 November 2009 06:01 PM

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Tenby 29 November 2009 06:36 PM

Ref may as well not of bothered being on the pitch.

Boys beaten by the men in the end although could have been very different if the blind ref did his job

pauld37 29 November 2009 06:38 PM

Need a big lead in the league before Essien and Drogba have their holiday in The African Nations :o

STi wanna Subaru 29 November 2009 06:54 PM

just give Chelsea the title now.

Never has men v boys been more apt than today and that is Arsenals ultimate problem. A team of fannies.

DaveBeck 29 November 2009 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 9073648)
Need a big lead in the league before Essien and Drogba have their holiday in The African Nations :o

Have you seen the 4 teams you play? you couldnt pick better teams to play

pauld37 29 November 2009 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9073689)
A team of fannies.

Unlucky fannies according to Wenger :lol1:

pauld37 29 November 2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9073711)
Have you seen the 4 teams you play? you couldnt pick better teams to play

Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Wigan? :D

DaveBeck 29 November 2009 08:08 PM

Bit confused, I personally didnt think we did that bad.

We passed well, dominated posession at times but we came up against the best defence in the league and a striker who loves(really ****ing loves) to play us.

1st goal was class, 2nd was unlucky on us(great ball in though) and 3rd was another moment of genius.

we lacked that final ball, something we havent done all season. only other team to stop us scoring was sunderland but we dominated them.

You lot know im first to pick up if we play bad if B2Z doesnt get there first. I dont think it was bad. Chelsea deserved it for the defence display and Drogba alone but as with the 4-1 game last year. i dont think you were 3 goals better

G00ner 29 November 2009 10:09 PM

Slightly flattering score line, but yes, men and boys springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Bravo2zero_sps 30 November 2009 12:51 AM

lol Dave. I've been trying to curb my rants ;) However today's showing was terrible, sorry but that's how I see it. The defence was appalling again and Gallas might as well have not been on the pitch. He did nothing to stop Drogba's first goal. Almunia in goal just does not inspire confidence and needs replacing. Song had a bad game and did not protect the back 4. Sagna is not the player he was for us last season and we are stuffed for a left back currently. Even Vermaelen had a bad game by his standards.

Arshavin's goal should have stood. Mikkel was lucky to stay on the pitch several times and how that ref could give so many free kicks to Chelsea and hardly any to us when we were being fouled worse just shows how useless he was and biased in my opinion.

Denilson did what he always does and just gave possession away. Eduardo just isn't on form and a long way from being the striker we need him to be.

I think both Arshavin and Fabregas looked as though they've had enough today. It would not surprise me in the slightest to see both of them leave in the summer when we finish the season with no silverware again. In fact I expect them both to go as they want to win trophies - Barcelona will be in for both and the Arsenal board wont turn down any big money offers.

Chelsea is a squad of experienced internationals. Ours is a team of kids (with the exception of Arshavin, Gallas and Rosicky) which we are told every season are full of promise, but ultimately never deliver. Wenger will never learn.

urban 30 November 2009 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9073689)
just give Chelsea the title now.

Wee bit premature for that surely.

Tenby 30 November 2009 11:47 AM

another reason for video replays

DaveBeck 30 November 2009 12:34 PM

Ok Arshavins should of stood but i reckon ;) that Anelka may have been fouled in the box lol I cant tackle that well on a rugby pitch

Rosicky looked like he could be back soon and we need some of his killer balls. Walcott was a great impact sub for 12minutes untill they worked out how to play him(basically let him run with the ball then give it away)

watched the barca/real game after. Barca play the footy wenger wants to play. the 2 keepers were incredible.

We just came up against a defence that couldnt be broken down and a striker brimming with confindence

Tenby 30 November 2009 12:40 PM

if it was 1-2 at the start of the 2nd half it would have made for an interestin finish. arse had a shout or 2 for a pen also.

Gav 30 November 2009 01:48 PM

Didnt get to see the full game as i was travelling back from the fecking freezer that was Glasgow but caught it on MOTD. Chelsea look really good it pains me to say, i just hope your lead isn't too much come the ACON and we can pull some back on you:)

I have a feeling Fabregas will be off in the summer, a move to Old Trafford would be nice where he will win something:p

pauld37 30 November 2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by G00ner (Post 9074174)
Slightly flattering score line, but yes, men and boys springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Stranger in here Shane, how's things?

richie001 30 November 2009 05:55 PM

How can Arshavin goal stand.Eduardo foot was around head height.