ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Oooooooouch, that hurt a little bit (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/802382-oooooooouch-that-hurt-a-little-bit.html)

Adidas 27 November 2009 08:15 PM

Oooooooouch, that hurt a little bit

Out with Karen & Hannah today. For the 1st time in years Karen's driving and because Hannah is in the baby seat, I'm relegated to the back seat. Just coming onto the A12 at the Moby Dick, Karen stops at a Give Way sign, but the bloke in a Focus behind us thinks it's best to use our car as his brakes :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Upshot is, one Ambulance, One Emergency Ambulance car and one Metropolitan Police car attended. Got to say we had excellent service by all concerned (even more so after a chat with the Old Bill ;) ).

Bloke has admitted liability, looks like the car could be a write off though :( :(

Nurse Gladys 27 November 2009 08:20 PM

Ouch - am assuming you are all, especially Hannah, okay?

Not nice - though I should think the other guy did admit it was his fault seeing you unfold yourself from the rear seat!! ;)

Just what you don't need in the lead up to Christmas - one car down!

Glad to hear the emergency services treated you well! :thumb:

ABW 27 November 2009 08:22 PM

Hope you're all ok buddy

Adidas 27 November 2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 9070584)
Ouch - am assuming you are all, especially Hannah, okay?

Not nice - though I should think the other guy did admit it was his fault seeing you unfold yourself from the rear seat!! ;)

Just what you don't need in the lead up to Christmas - one car down!

Glad to hear the emergency services treated you well! :thumb:

All's well. Hannah was enjoying playing up to the Ambulance crew. They were :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: all over her.

It was quite amusing. It's a 3 door car I couldn't get out at first as Karen was in a bit of discomfort and couldn't move, Hannah wasn't going anywhere fast either. Eventually I managed to move her car seat and squeeze my way out. Suffice to say the other driver had a bit of a surprise when I got out ;) :D

pinseeker 27 November 2009 08:29 PM

Hope everyone's okay.

Milamber 27 November 2009 08:49 PM

as above hope you are all alright.

53 27 November 2009 08:54 PM

:cry: Do you need a lift anywhere this weekend ?

Hope your all ok, shame about the polo was lovely !:(

BRI4N 27 November 2009 08:59 PM

Ouch indeed. Glad you are all ok.

FLAT ERIC 27 November 2009 08:59 PM

Glad to hear all are ok Ed & hope there are no lingering aftereffects. Just as well you climbed out from the back unaided as it could have ended as a "roof off" job.

Adidas 27 November 2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9070662)
:cry: Do you need a lift anywhere this weekend ?

Hope your all ok, shame about the polo was lovely !:(

Stu, thanks for the offer, but we're sorted.

It wasn't the Polo that bought it, it was the Fiesta. It's still drivable, hence it was me that brought it back.

Rear bumper & tailgate are fooofed, no idea what damage there is to the underneath, I'm going to have a look tomorrow in the light. Quite by chance the neighbour is an insurance car assessor. I might ask him his opinion to have a clearer idea if we should be looking for another car or not.

Perhaps we can put a down payment on a 911 :norty: :norty: :norty:

Adidas 27 November 2009 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 9070682)
Glad to hear all are ok Ed & hope there are no lingering aftereffects. Just as well you climbed out from the back unaided as it could have ended as a "roof off" job.

I must admit I had that going through my mind for a moment or 2. It would have been strange seeing it from the 'other' side.

Phil 27 November 2009 09:07 PM

Let ne know if you need anything buddy

Adidas 27 November 2009 09:13 PM

Thanks for all your kind offers. I think we're sorted.

But if you wish to send some cash we won't mind

:cool:

yellowvanman 27 November 2009 09:15 PM

Ed, sorry to here about this, but glad you are all OK :thumb:

How the others drivers nose? ;)

shamone 27 November 2009 09:18 PM

Thank the lord it was a fiesta and not a scoob!

Seriously though, glad you're all ok.........

FLAT ERIC 27 November 2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 9070700)
I must admit I had that going through my mind for a moment or 2. It would have been strange seeing it from the 'other' side.

There is a tale of a guy that let a crash victim sit in his car while they waited for the sevices to arrive as they felt ok. When they did arrive the firecrew promptly lopped the roof off his new car when the guy started saying his neck ached. :eek:

Adidas 27 November 2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9070735)

How the others drivers nose? ;)

To be fair, he was really concerned and called for the ambulance and the rozzers. He was confronted with me in the back unable to get out, Karen hunched up over the steering wheel worried that she'd done her back in again and Hannah screaming her head off. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a sight you see everyday!! :D :D

Adidas 27 November 2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 9070750)
There is a tale of a guy that let a crash victim sit in his car while they waited for the sevices to arrive as they felt ok. When they did arrive the firecrew promptly lopped the roof off his new car when the guy started saying his neck ached. :eek:

There's a similiar story I can tell you about one of our 'works' cars with about 500 miles on the clock.

We had a convertable Vectra within a week of taking delivery of it :freak3:

Quasi Modo 27 November 2009 09:32 PM

Good to know you're all fine, and still have ya sense of humour intact, along with everything else.:)

FLAT ERIC 27 November 2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 9070771)
There's a similiar story I can tell you about one of our 'works' cars with about 500 miles on the clock.

We had a convertable Vectra within a week of taking delivery of it :freak3:

I bet that didn't do much for the transport budget figures for that month.

The story goes that the poor guy couldn't claim as he had "invited" the damage to be done to his car by offering his help. Makes you think twice about being a good Samaritan.

Arkwright 27 November 2009 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 9070691)

Perhaps we can put a down payment on a 911 :norty: :norty: :norty:

Firstly glad to hear you`re all okay.
Secondly yeah we can start our own Porshe owners club :luxhello: LOL :thumb:

53 27 November 2009 10:11 PM

If the car is dead at least it did it's job and kept you safe, yay! the polo lives !!!:luxhello::D

Nate 27 November 2009 10:13 PM

Glad all is okay Ed, but as has been said already, if you need anything (apart from cash :D) let me know :thumb:

Cornelius 27 November 2009 10:27 PM

Glad everyone is ok mate!!

Looie 27 November 2009 10:32 PM

Phew! - Glad you are all OK....... nasty thing to happen to anyone at any time of year.....

Adidas 27 November 2009 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9070893)
If the car is dead at least it did it's job and kept you safe, yay! the polo lives !!!:luxhello::D

The only issue now is do I let Karen drive the Polo or the Scoob??? :wonder: :wonder: :wonder:

Polo it is then :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Adidas 27 November 2009 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 9070869)
Secondly yeah we can start our own Porshe owners club :luxhello: LOL :thumb:

:wonder: :wonder: :wonder: :wonder: :thumb:

Budgie 27 November 2009 11:25 PM

as much as i cannot stand you Ed
i am glad the three of you are all safe and well
if karen or hannah need anything let me know
if you need anything, call me and let me tell you to swivel in person;)

V4JDMSTi 28 November 2009 12:19 AM

Glad you're all ok mate. :thumb: