ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   smoking like a BI*CH (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/802369-smoking-like-a-bi-ch.html)

dooda 27 November 2009 06:36 PM

smoking like a BI*CH

i upgraded my fuel lines and rails but fu*cked up the injector order and coil order so took it to a professional. my bro picked it up for me today all was fine but half way home it started smoking really bad and looks like oil.
when i got home i checked under the bonnet and noticed the oil breather pipe had come off so put that back still smokes really bad the hotter the engine gets the more some comes, it smells like oil ANY IDEAS?? i rang the mechanic (extrem scoobys) but his allready left for the day, i noticed i had no oil so i topped up, ran around the block and it was pissing out of the oil breather pipe on the top of the engine?? is it head gasket or piston rings i dont fink its turbo oil seals as the smoke comes from the breather pipe too

the mechanic replaced the exhaust up pipe and throttle sensor

dooda 27 November 2009 07:47 PM

please help me i dont know what to do

The Rig 27 November 2009 08:01 PM

Thats a weird one, the 1st fault you had,ie messing the fuel injectors/coil leads up etc wouldnt result in oil escaping out your breather and the work the mechanic did ie up pipe and TPS wouldnt result in it either,either 2 things

you are very unlucky and the timing of the work you/mechanic has done has nothing to do with it and it could be rings (compression pressure passing them into the sump hence coming out the breathers) or

the mechanic/your bro gave it some large welly and the rings went

either way,weird one

does it smoke on idle/oil come out the breathers ?

jimes 27 November 2009 08:43 PM

where does it say up pipe and tps?....do a compression test...

dooda 27 November 2009 09:31 PM

na not on ideal

dooda 27 November 2009 09:49 PM

is it possible that the coils could be around the wrong way and as it ignites it pulles oil up or somthing ????

jimes 27 November 2009 09:55 PM

more than likely rings gone/melted lands etc comp test would tell you

Slowboy Racing 27 November 2009 10:11 PM

Just A thought, depending on what you replaced with the fuel lines and rails and if all was fitted correct, a reduction in fuel pressure could have resulted in a lean burn frying the piston resulting in the excess crank case compression which is now i assume blowing oil from the breathers.

If this is the case and it's to this degree, you probably don't need a compression test. Just unplug the crank sensor and have an experienced ear listen to the cranking note, this will tell you.

dooda 27 November 2009 10:25 PM

oh please help me, i replaced the fuel lines with breaded dash 6 with the fuel suppling the front injectors and returning from the back so how do i fix it??

Slowboy Racing 27 November 2009 10:56 PM

You wont get a conclusive answer on here dude, you need to have a mechanic take a look and listen, it could be something very simple or one of the above.

The Rig 27 November 2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jimes (Post 9070639)
where does it say up pipe and tps?....do a compression test...

in his 1st post,the last line