ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Christmas Golf (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/801114-esc-christmas-golf.html)

V4JDMSTi 19 November 2009 02:26 PM

ESC Christmas Golf

As Christmas is approaching it's time to start thinking about the annual ESC Christmas golf at Three Rivers.

Choice of dates are the 27th or 28th December. Tee off at 8:30 - 9:00am. As in other years it will include:
  • Coffee and Bacon Roll on arrival
  • 18 holes on the Jubilee Course
  • Three Course Christmas Meal
  • Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon
Cost will be £30 (£22 for golf, £5 weekend/bank holiday supplement and £3 towards the prizes). Please can you let me know if you are attanding asap as the tee off times are going fast. I also need to pay a non refundable £5 per head deposit to hold the date and time.

For those of you who have not been before you don't need to be a pro to play. We play stapleford rules and all levels of play are welcome. There is a dress policy at the course. No jeans, tracksuits, trainers or shorts. Collared shirt to be worn.

Directions on how to get to 3R from the A12:
From the A12 take the exit for Southend/Basildon and the new A130
When on the A130 take the 1st exit to South Woodham Ferrers
When coming off the slip road you will approach a roundabout, turn left, then at next roundabout turn right heading for South Woodham Ferrers.
At the next roundabout, go straight over, continue to next roundabout and go straight over, continue to next roundabout and turn left signposted to Burnham and Cold Norton. As you head up hill take the 1st on the left (signposted Three Rivers) Continue along the road past Prince of Wales Public House, we are then situated on the right hand side approximately 3 miles along this road.

At junction 29 of the M25 turn off onto the A127 and follow for 13 miles towards Southend.
Turn off the A127 onto the new A130 (right at roundabout then straight over next roundabout) towards Chelmsford, once on the A130 take the first exit signposted South Woodham Ferrers then at traffic lights at top of slip road turn left.
At first, second and third roundabouts continue straight ahead.
At the fourth roundabout turn left towards Cold Norton and take the next left sign-posted to Three Rivers Golf & Country Club.
Follow the road for approximately 2 ½ miles and we are situated on the right hand side.

Map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...2&source=embed

1) MNeame - HC 25 - either date
2) Captain Neameo - HC 28 - either date
3)

yellowvanman 19 November 2009 02:36 PM

As Christmas is approaching it's time to start thinking about the annual ESC Christmas golf at Three Rivers.

Choice of dates are the 27th or 28th December. Tee off at 8:30 - 9:00am. As in other years it will include:
  • Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon
Cost will be £30 (£22 for golf, £5 weekend/bank holiday supplement and £3 towards the prizes). Please can you let me know if you are attanding asap as the tee off times are going fast. I also need to pay a non refundable £5 per head deposit to hold the date and time.

For those of you who have not been before you don't need to be a pro to play. We play stapleford rules and all levels of play are welcome. There is a dress policy at the course. No jeans, tracksuits, trainers or shorts. Collared shirt to be worn.

When coming off the slip road you will approach a roundabout, turn left, then at next roundabout turn right heading for South Woodham Ferrers.
At the next roundabout, go straight over, continue to next roundabout and go straight over, continue to next roundabout and turn left signposted to Burnham and Cold Norton. As you head up hill take the 1st on the left (signposted Three Rivers) Continue along the road past Prince of Wales Public House, we are then situated on the right hand side approximately 3 miles along this road.

At junction 29 of the M25 turn off onto the A127 and follow for 13 miles towards Southend.
Turn off the A127 onto the new A130 (right at roundabout then straight over next roundabout) towards Chelmsford, once on the A130 take the first exit signposted South Woodham Ferrers then at traffic lights at top of slip road turn left.
At the fourth roundabout turn left towards Cold Norton and take the next left sign-posted to Three Rivers Golf & Country Club.
Follow the road for approximately 2 ½ miles and we are situated on the right hand side.

Map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...2&source=embed

1) MNeame - HC 25
2) Captain Neameo - HC 28
3) Neil - YVM - HC 36

V4JDMSTi 19 November 2009 02:39 PM

36, what's your name, Tiny? :lol1: :p

pinseeker 19 November 2009 03:14 PM

• Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon

Map:

1) MNeame - HC 25

3) Neil - YVM - HC 36
4) Pinseeker HC (not sure but it was high)

yellowvanman 19 November 2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9057591)
36, what's your name, Tiny? :lol1: :p

Seemed fine to me all things considered. :D

Will try and get up the range soon, neither back nor elbow have been tested for a while.

V4JDMSTi 19 November 2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9057658)
Seemed fine to me all things considered. :D

Will try and get up the range soon, neither back nor elbow have been tested for a while.

If you take 36 you should play the round in a skirt for charity :p

Also hoping to get up the range at some point. Not hit a ball for a while. A poor 40 for 9 holes after taking a 12 :eek: on the 4th was the last round I played.

V4JDMSTi 19 November 2009 03:36 PM

I forgot to mention in the original post, if you wish to bring a friend that's fine. :thumb:

spally 19 November 2009 03:50 PM

i will quite happily wear a skirt "for charity" if i can get 36!!!

Defo up for a game, however will probably only be able to do the 27th as will probably be working on 28th.

NickBes 19 November 2009 03:53 PM

• Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon

Map:

1) MNeame - HC 25

3) Neil - YVM - HC 36
5)NickBes 28
6)Simon (NickBes's mate) AKA bandit! :lol1: 23 can only play on the 28th though :Whatever_

Tiny 19 November 2009 03:59 PM

Nice one matt :)

• Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon

Map:

1) MNeame - HC 25

3) Neil - YVM - HC 36
5)NickBes 28
6)Simon (NickBes's mate) AKA bandit! :lol1: 23 can only play on the 28th though :Whatever_
7) Tiny (28) Not played since Feb :lol1: :p Can only make the 27th

Phil 19 November 2009 05:54 PM

Will confirm tomorrow

yellowvanman 19 November 2009 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 9057829)
Gail's at work, will ask if i'm allowed tomorrow

:D

Tiny 19 November 2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9057834)
:D

:lol1::lol1:

Phil 19 November 2009 06:10 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ilies/mad3.gif

Tiny 20 November 2009 05:45 AM

Oooops ..

Matt ...

It also seems now that I'm struggling for either date :( we have the ESC Charter boat booked for Monday 28th ( This trip is all weather dependent of course & will not be confirmed 100% definitely on until perhaps Sun 27th

Now Sunday the 27th Hill's informs me that i have my name down for the mud race !! :brickwall :lol1:

So mate i think I'm out on both dates now , Plus of course Mrs ESC has also had a bit of input in my decision as well being out 2 days on the trot over Xmas & all that :rolleyes: :Suspiciou ;)

I was with Kev D last night & he is also in the same boat as moi , literally the same boat on the 28th & also he has to do as he's told :D

LOL & there's me taking the pee out of The Boss :lol1:

Mrs ESC 20 November 2009 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 9058513)
Matt ...

It also seems now that I'm struggling for either date :( we have the ESC Charter boat booked for Monday 28th ( This trip is all weather dependent of course & will not be confirmed 100% definitely on until perhaps Sun 27th

Now Sunday the 27th Hill's informs me that i have my name down for the mud race !! :brickwall :lol1:

So mate i think I'm out on both dates now , Plus of course Mrs ESC has also had a bit of input in my decision as well being out 2 days on the trot over Xmas & all that :rolleyes: :Suspiciou ;)

I was with Kev D last night & he is also in the same boat as moi , literally the same boat on the 28th & also he has to do as he's told :D

LOL & there's me taking the pee out of The Boss :lol1:

Yeah putting your name down without even tell me:mad:. wasnt till we got to the lodge that I found out (thanks to hills lol):D
Have got between xmas and new year off this year (first time in 10 years) and he think he is going to work some of them.:brickwall

Phil 20 November 2009 07:45 AM

Fancy not asking the wife :rolleyes:

yellowvanman 20 November 2009 07:50 AM

Pah, bunch of pussies. :p

Real men TELL their wives! :norty:

And not usually until the night before either. :D

Nurse Gladys 20 November 2009 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC (Post 9058521)
Yeah putting your name down without even tell me:mad:. wasnt till we got to the lodge that I found out (thanks to hills lol):D
Have got between xmas and new year off this year (first time in 10 years) and he think he is going to work some of them.:brickwall

Oooops - sorry Tiny!! There you were just trying to give Karen & Courts TWO days at the post Christams sales!! :lol1::lol1:

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9058547)
Pah, bunch of pussies. :p

Real men TELL their wives! :norty:

And not usually until the night before either. :D

REAL MEN do the Maldon Mud Run for charity :lol1: and DON'T get sea sick either!! :lol1:

Mrs ESC 20 November 2009 02:22 PM

Think the Mud race is now closed.

Mrs ESC 20 November 2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 9058872)
Oooops - sorry Tiny!! There you were just trying to give Karen & Courts TWO days at the post Christams sales!! :lol1::lol1:
:lol1:

Dont do the sales untill the new year, to many people lol,

V4JDMSTi 20 November 2009 04:16 PM

Now would you guys make it if there was a meal for all after the golf?

yellowvanman 21 November 2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 9058872)
REAL MEN do the Maldon Mud Run for charity :lol1: and DON'T get sea sick either!! :lol1:

I've been to the Maldon mud race and yes real men might do it, but mainly it's complete nutters:D Don't remember seeing Si's name down on the list ;)

I am currently in the planning stage of doing a charity thing next year, that will push me physically more than anything I have ever done before, but it won't involve me walking through deep mud and cold water, well hopefully not :D

I think all the ESC sea fishers have been sick at one time.

Nurse Gladys 21 November 2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9060298)
I've been to the Maldon mud race and yes real men might do it, but mainly it's complete nutters:D Don't remember seeing Si's name down on the list ;)

I am currently in the planning stage of doing a charity thing next year, that will push me physically more than anything I have ever done before, but it won't involve me walking through deep mud and cold water, well hopefully not :D

I think all the ESC sea fishers have been sick at one time.

No, unfortunately Simon couldn't do the mud race - we fly out on holiday the following week - so he couldn't risk injury (in short 'he wasn't allowed')!! :lol1:

We will probably still go down to watch - so could make this a social event - I'm sure most people will be fed up with relatives by then!! :D

Look forward to hearing about your planned charity event.....you've got me intrigued now! Just don't knacker your back again! :nono:
I assume it has nothing to do with boats & water! ;)

Nurse Gladys 21 November 2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC (Post 9059084)
Think the Mud race is now closed.

Yes, unfortunately it is - haven't been able to log on for a few days and now I have it says it's closed!

We may well still come down to watch!

yellowvanman 21 November 2009 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 9060312)
Look forward to hearing about your planned charity event.....you've got me intrigued now! Just don't knacker your back again! :nono:
I assume it has nothing to do with boats & water! ;)

Defo no boats or water :D

I need to have a medical before I start training for this, and yes my back is a concern. Then again so in the 6 month training program and monthly physical tests.

Details will be finalised and announced in January, in truth i am prob the weak link in the team, so want to be sure I can take part before making any announcements.
(Should mean i'll be much lighter for the MLR :D)

Nurse Gladys 21 November 2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9060356)
Defo no boats or water :D

I need to have a medical before I start training for this, and yes my back is a concern. Then again so in the 6 month training program and monthly physical tests.

Details will be finalised and announced in January, in truth i am prob the weak link in the team, so want to be sure I can take part before making any announcements.
(Should mean i'll be much lighter for the MLR :D)

Oh, there was me thinking it WAS the MLR you were talking about!!

At least there will be ONE lightweight in your team (ooops - did I really type that!!)

Good Luck!! :thumb:

BeeSTi 21 November 2009 10:11 PM

• Nearest the Pin
  • Longest Drive
  • Wooden spoon

Map:

1) MNeame - HC 25

3) Neil - YVM - HC 36
5)NickBes 28
7) Tiny (28) Not played since Feb :lol1: :p Can only make the 27th
8) Darren, BeeSTi (280):D NOT Hit a ball since we last played. Feb. any date

V4JDMSTi 23 November 2009 11:24 AM

So if there's no Maldon mud race now will Tiny and Kev be attending? Can you let me know asap guys and I can get this booked :thumb:

Tiny 23 November 2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9063273)
So if there's no Maldon mud race now will Tiny and Kev be attending? Can you let me know asap guys and I can get this booked :thumb:

Apoligies Matt - Won't be able to attend as sea fishing on the 28th & Gerts has all xmas off & i don't mind admitting i'm not allowed on both days

Who wears the trousers :wonder: ..?