ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Your thoughs please..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/801050-your-thoughs-please.html)

charlieogden 18 November 2009 09:28 PM

Your thoughs please.....

I've just had my car serviced (05 STi) and Mot'd at a very reputable garage not a dealership though. Before i dropped my car of i took down the mileage and re set all the Defi's. So when i pick the car up i can tell what peaks the gages have reached....water temp 94 max oil temp 100 max and oil pressure where it should be so that's all ok.....now the boost....my car has been taken to full boost 1.45bar the worst bit is its only done 2 miles, no warm up then?

I know that the MOT people have had it to, but they should only do a rev test...

would people expects this? Am i being fussy?

They are also part of the GOOD garage scheme!

Help and advice

Charlie

The Rig 18 November 2009 09:38 PM

no you shouldnt accept it but theres not much you can do.

the oil and water temp fair enough i guess on the presumption it was idling a long time for the emmisions test,still a tad high tho for even that.

but the hi boost,well,they did a brake test i guess with that old style doppleganger device which shows the mementum etc so thats the reason for driving it but full boost, shouldnt of been acheived but we all know what garages/mechanics do to fast cars when they drive them.

annoyed yes,let them know,yes,achieve from it,not alot

stevie1982 18 November 2009 09:54 PM

Would not be happy about it but as said I don't think there is a lot you could do other than let the garage in question know what you have found and that you are not happy and let them know for the sake of an employee having fun in your car it has cost them a customer, although I can happen where Everett you take it as it may be a new employee who takes it out and still has the buzz rolling of getting to drive imprezas wh needs to be pulled up on how to treat a customers car etc but other than you getting it off your chest and venting a little at the garage there is nothing you can do.

D4VEW557 18 November 2009 09:59 PM

i wouldn't be happy it was mine but as said not alot you can do about it.

i was in this position this week but with the roles reversed i was accused of thashing a car by a customer saying i'd used all his petrol and his mpg was down to 6mph since i'd worked on it.

i wasn't happy as i hadn't even had the car out on the road let alone thashed it

ryan33hks 18 November 2009 10:01 PM

I wouldn't be happy atall and would defonately let the garage know that your onto them! :)

jef 18 November 2009 10:04 PM

no way should it have needed to hit that,

under 30mph when you hit the brake iirc

emissions is a light throttle and idle test

obv the guys took it for ablast and had some fun imo

hopefull the engine was warm and brakes were tested at the end of test - id defo ask them to explain it atleast, and watch them squirm to answer.

obv wait until its passed the mot

good thing is that you will probably be remembered as a customer to be aware of, so next mot time - car should be treated with a bit more respect.

dunx 18 November 2009 10:06 PM

My MOT tester won't drive it ! I had to "take him round the block" in it, mind you it was pitch black and raining so maybe a good idea....

Complain, ( they may ignore it ), and you may feel better for it ?

dunx

Tigerfill 18 November 2009 10:06 PM

I wouldn't be too worried! as you say no warm up but the oil temp did get to 100;)

As for full boost, it was in for a service as well, the car would have been road tested and full boost can be reached way before the red line and can be done in a sensible manner:)

On the other hand if they looked like a bunch kids jumping up and down saying "nice motor mate" I might be worried:lol1:

just my opinion:thumb:

jef 18 November 2009 10:09 PM

your entitled to watch your mot being carried out - id opt for that in future

i was a tester for years

and alsways made you feel abit uneasy - incase your the ministry lol