ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England vs Australia (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/799370-england-vs-australia.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 07 November 2009 04:08 PM

England vs Australia

When the fcuk are England going to realise they need to score tries and not kick their way through a game :rolleyes:

Absolutely no flair what so ever. Kick kick kick is all they do. Australia bar the first 20 minutes were by far the better team creating space and running with the ball.

Funkii Munkii 08 November 2009 07:43 AM

To be fair they all do it these days RU is getting pretty boring for me, it's all about kicking, eveb in the recent Aus vs NZ it was all kicking, yawn...

I have been sucked into RL since I moved here, cant be arsed wth Union anymore it's just plain boring.

Bravo2zero_sps 08 November 2009 07:23 PM

I still think the Southern hemisphere teams run the ball a lot more than the North and that is why they are so much better. They may play the kicking game against each other as they are closely matched but as soon as the Southern teams play the Northern teams they run rings round them with the running and flair with the passing. England didn't even looking like scoring a try yesterday where as you felt that Australia could score one at any moment they had the ball in the 2nd half.

I get too frustrated with RL as I don't like the limitation on tackles etc, bit like American Football with 4 downs etc.

Funkii Munkii 09 November 2009 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9042511)
I still think the Southern hemisphere teams run the ball a lot more than the North and that is why they are so much better. They may play the kicking game against each other as they are closely matched but as soon as the Southern teams play the Northern teams they run rings round them with the running and flair with the passing. England didn't even looking like scoring a try yesterday where as you felt that Australia could score one at any moment they had the ball in the 2nd half.

I get too frustrated with RL as I don't like the limitation on tackles etc, bit like American Football with 4 downs etc.

In the UK I didn't care too much for RL but it's a much harder game down here, they really pile into each other :thumb:

Bravo2zero_sps 09 November 2009 08:25 AM

:lol1: I have to admit I do like watching RL internationals but again we get thumped by the Southerners. The club game domestically I find very boring but when they have club games against Aus club teams then again I find it much more entertaining to watch.

I think then last domestic RL game I watched had Martin Offiah playing so ages ago :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 09 November 2009 11:06 AM

I know the Aussie RL had quite a big following on Sky but they didn't renew the deal last season and I know a lot of UK fans were disapointed, probably because of the ferocity of the game down here, it's a religion and they condition the players to eat sleep and drink the game almost brainwashed. In one of the semi finals last season there were 3 guys knocked out cold in the 1st 10 minutes, it gets your attention LOL.

Some of those big islanders really pack a punch, I cant believe I'm actually looking foward to next season, never thought that would happen.