ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   de tango (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/799086-de-tango.html)

crf450r 05 November 2009 08:35 PM

de tango

got my bulbs today im all ready to de tango this saturday the only thing im worried about is how to reseal them,, ive read that you can just warm them up again and the original mastic will seal again??
or use fresh mastic to hold them back together, if anyone has done the later option which mastic should i buy

kirkyboy 05 November 2009 08:44 PM

dont bother with the oven stuff mate ... i detangoed mine in 15 minutes
1 take lights off of car
2 push orange cap so it is free in the light
3 break up orange cap with screw driver and cut with scissors etc
4 shake all orange bits out of head light
5 install silver bulbs
6 detangoed and put back together
job done dont even bother with oven rubbish
good luck kirkyboy

crf450r 05 November 2009 08:58 PM

never heard of that before now you got me thinking :wonder:

kirkyboy 05 November 2009 09:01 PM

lods of us have done it mate, honest dont bother with the oven, why put it in the oven when you can do it this way, if you live near plymouth i will do it for you. x

crf450r 05 November 2009 09:02 PM

only about 4 hours away lol ill give it a go this weekend thanks kirky

nick172sport 05 November 2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by crf450r (Post 9037757)
never heard of that before now you got me thinking :wonder:

did mine in oven well on the door with the cooker on sprayed all the back off the headlight surround black cool luck:thumb:

kirkyboy 05 November 2009 09:10 PM

never mind mate, good luck, also if you have the orange reflectors on the wing, you can make these look awesome for free... wait for it this does look awesome,
get a pair of your wifes lycra pants boxers or dark tights and stretch these over the reflectors (first take them of the car ofcourse) and tie them and replace thesse, honest these look awesome and save you £30, off to work now but will post pics, iam thinking of doing this to my rear lights...

s70rjw 05 November 2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by kirkyboy (Post 9037785)
never mind mate, good luck, also if you have the orange reflectors on the wing, you can make these look awesome for free... wait for it this does look awesome,
get a pair of your wifes lycra pants boxers or dark tights and stretch these over the reflectors (first take them of the car ofcourse) and tie them and replace thesse, honest these look awesome and save you £30, off to work now but will post pics, iam thinking of doing this to my rear lights...

Are you talking about a Bugeye or Blobeye here?

kirkyboy 06 November 2009 07:41 AM

bugeye

Abx 06 November 2009 08:15 AM

Only thing I would say about smashing is be careful not to damage and scratch the reflector, other than that good plan.