ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Thieving scum (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/798761-thieving-scum.html)

R1CH D 04 November 2009 09:12 AM

Thieving scum

Some thieving F#####s tried taking my car yesterday in broad daylight. This has resulted in me not being able to use it as they have totally shagged the ignition and steering lock. Question is if i fit an import steering column and by pass the uk imobiliser will this be possible or will I encounter problems??? Only thinking bout this option cause I can't find a uk spec column with key reader for immobiliser.

Ringer4fun 04 November 2009 10:08 AM

Might be able help you out. what do you need.

John

R1CH D 04 November 2009 11:09 AM

Steering column with light stalks, ignition barrel, drivers door lock and keys to fit.:thumb:

redwards 04 November 2009 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by welshy12 (Post 9034405)
Some thieving F#####s tried taking my car yesterday in broad daylight. This has resulted in me not being able to use it as they have totally shagged the ignition and steering lock. Question is if i fit an import steering column and by pass the uk imobiliser will this be possible or will I encounter problems??? Only thinking bout this option cause I can't find a uk spec column with key reader for immobiliser.

F#%$ing pikeys, hope you get it sorted easy.

ryan33hks 04 November 2009 01:16 PM

Bl0000dy W@NKERS !

R1CH D 04 November 2009 01:28 PM

cheers guys, hopefully be straight forward enough.:p

notfub 04 November 2009 06:06 PM

:(
Bad news Rich but at least you still have your car.

I swapped the steering column over on my my99 classic (as ignition key kept falling out of original barrel). I managed to bag a column (with immob gubbins attached), door/boot locks & set of keys for £55 on ebay.

If you need a hand in swapping things over, just let me know mate. :thumb:

Rally fan 555 04 November 2009 06:14 PM

Hope the Scum's bits turn black and fall off Mate:007: !!! :) - you know where I am Mate:thumb:

GMballistic 04 November 2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by welshy12 (Post 9034405)

Glad they didn't get your car but sorry it's damaged. Goodluck with the repairs and if you ever find out who did it....well....lets just say I know a few people who shall we say would like to meet them:D
They'll get theirs one day, thieving scum!:mad: :thumb:

mervil 04 November 2009 11:05 PM

What a bunch of knobs :( gutted man, hope you get it sorted soon!!

R1CH D 04 November 2009 11:11 PM

Thanks guys, I would love to know who did it. Had it finger printed today so with a bit of luck the amatuers will get done. Got a few bits ordered so should be up and running by weekend. Give you a shout Notfub and rf555 as I probably could with a hand.:thumb:

mje_wrx 04 November 2009 11:24 PM

il let a hand if u stuck, im a panel beater and used to doing all the door locks and colums fixing cars in work for insurance etc

R1CH D 05 November 2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by mje_wrx (Post 9036233)
il let a hand if u stuck, im a panel beater and used to doing all the door locks and colums fixing cars in work for insurance etc

Topman, cheers.:thumb:

Rally fan 555 05 November 2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by welshy12 (Post 9036216)
Thanks guys, I would love to know who did it. Had it finger printed today so with a bit of luck the amatuers will get done. Got a few bits ordered so should be up and running by weekend. Give you a shout Notfub and rf555 as I probably could with a hand.:thumb:

There's plenty of room out the front of my house mate - at least it's off the road, if you need the space let me know:thumb:

Presuming it's drivable at some point............:)

R1CH D 05 November 2009 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 9036584)
There's plenty of room out the front of my house mate - at least it's off the road, if you need the space let me know:thumb:

Presuming it's drivable at some point............:)

Cheers si, but I think it will have to stay outside the misses house until I can get the immobiliser bypassed.:thumb:

Rally fan 555 05 November 2009 07:42 PM

How you getting on, are you winning:wonder:

wrx,sti 05 November 2009 07:59 PM

They are w@@kers,... i had a set of sti wheels nicked 3 weeks ago, they were half rubbed down ready for a referb

ScoobyNudge 05 November 2009 09:45 PM

gutted mate hoipe u get it sorted soon!

R1CH D 05 November 2009 10:14 PM

yes they are W*****s, still waiting for the bits to arrive. hopefully tomorrow!!!:thumb:

ryan33hks 05 November 2009 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by wrx,sti (Post 9037634)
They are w@@kers,... i had a set of sti wheels nicked 3 weeks ago, they were half rubbed down ready for a referb

Where was that too Chris, from your house? If so ill keep my ears open :thumb:

wrx,sti 06 November 2009 07:56 AM

I had them tucked away under some polythene near my front door, i didn't think anyone would want them because they looked scruffy

KJD Mk1 06 November 2009 02:58 PM

Just read this :(

notfub 07 November 2009 10:02 AM

Rich,

Got the parts yet?

If you need any tools, axle stands, jacks, extra pair of hands etc etc let me know as I'm only around the corner from you. :thumb:

R1CH D 07 November 2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by notfub (Post 9039987)
Rich,

Got the parts yet?

If you need any tools, axle stands, jacks, extra pair of hands etc etc let me know as I'm only around the corner from you. :thumb:

Got the steering column and hjust had a mad half hour afeter work and pulled the old one out and put it in, wired it up and now i just gota put the steering wheel on. It did start momentarily but the cel light was flashing like mad and it cut out. I have disconnected the battery in hope that it will reset the ecu and we are go. Well thats the theory any way.:Whatever_

Rally fan 555 07 November 2009 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by welshy12 (Post 9040506)
Got the steering column and hjust had a mad half hour afeter work and pulled the old one out and put it in, wired it up and now i just gota put the steering wheel on. It did start momentarily but the cel light was flashing like mad and it cut out. I have disconnected the battery in hope that it will reset the ecu and we are go. Well thats the theory any way.:Whatever_

Glad things are coming together Mate:thumb: I hope the glitch with the CEL gets sorted for you, I read on here that starting the classic car repeatdely can re-set the ECU :wonder::wonder::wonder: not sure if the car has to run each time or if you just turn it over - I think I read you had to this around 5 times:wonder: May help Mate;) Someone may know if that's right:cool:

R1CH D 07 November 2009 09:42 PM

Reset the ecu by connecting the green plug and black plug, got code 53. which amongst alot of faults brings up un recognised key. Is there a way I can wipe this fault and bypass this reader/immobiliser?????:wonder: Anyone who knows how to do this, PM me as this shouldn't be put on a public forum for thiefs to learn what to do.:thumb: