ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone remember the Sci Fi series V? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/798648-anyone-remember-the-sci-fi-series-v.html)

EddScott 03 November 2009 04:59 PM

Anyone remember the Sci Fi series V?

Well its had a remake!

ABC.com - V - Home

Think its first showing is tonight.

Markus 03 November 2009 05:05 PM

Have vague recollections of the original, but did notice there was a remake. Has Juliet from Lost in a lead role, plus the first episode has two characters from Firefly in it too (One is a detective, the other is the lead Visitor woman)

GC8 03 November 2009 05:05 PM

First shown the 1984 Los Angeles olympics... I feel quite old now.

JonMc 03 November 2009 05:06 PM

I remember watching this late on a Friday night, awesome at the time.

There is a spate of remakes at the moment, Battlestar Galactica is a particularly good one - wonder if they'll do Blakes 7:D

GC8 03 November 2009 05:07 PM

*shown during*

NAF 03 November 2009 05:44 PM

I remember it well , use to watch it all the time

IIRC they used to eat whole live mice as a snack which I thought was really cool as a 12 yr old lol :D

greenonedave 03 November 2009 05:46 PM

the way it ended was pants !

magepaster 03 November 2009 06:11 PM

Remember it very well first time round. I have watched it a few times over the years as my wife loves it and every so often feels the need of a fix of mice munching mayhem

JDM_Stig 03 November 2009 07:41 PM

OMG how old do I feel now, the eating the birds was a bit weird back then.

jpor 03 November 2009 08:36 PM

Yep remember the original back in the 80's :) But be warned ABC will only be showing the 1st 4 episodes before taking a break and showing the rest of the series in the spring of 2010! :(

Lee247 03 November 2009 09:01 PM

It's been getting a re run on Fiver or Virgin. Can't remember which. It was dire and still is.
I only ever see Freddy Kruger when I see what his name :D

magepaster 03 November 2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9033843)
It's been getting a re run on Fiver or Virgin. Can't remember which. It was dire and still is.
I only ever see Freddy Kruger when I see what his name :D

Robert Englund, if I remember correctly

TheVoices 03 November 2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 9033926)

Indeed, also starred Marc Singer (The Beastmaster) and Michael Ironside (Highlander 2, Starship Troopers, etc)

That's one psycho, guinea pig munching biatch !

EddScott 03 November 2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheVoices (Post 9033938)
That's one psycho, guinea pig munching biatch !

I fancied her :eek:

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 9033323)
wonder if they'll do Blakes 7:D

Thats been on the cards for a while. Not sure if its been kicked into the long grass though.

richie001 03 November 2009 09:59 PM

I thought it was great,i even got the original series and final battle on DVD

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rd73/Janev.jpg

Thought she was hot when i was younger :lol1:

Lee247 03 November 2009 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 9033926)

That's the fella, cheers :thumb:

ScoobyDoo555 03 November 2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9033987)

That'll be Jane Badler then :cool: - still a hottie (albeit MILF) :D

Forgotten how many times I've seen this series, AND the real series afterwards...
Even my daughter, (who's becoming a bit of a sci-fi nerd!) loves it!!

DAn

Funkii Munkii 03 November 2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9033987)

Ditto ;)

And one of her blonde colleagues, shame they ruined the moment by peeling their skin off, damn lizards :mad:

jpor 05 November 2009 09:03 PM

Well watched the 1st episode yesterday, and have to say it's promising. Thought it was a bit rushed :)

Simon K 06 November 2009 08:26 AM

I remember the uniforms the girls wore ! Wahoooo ! :-) Very nice.

I watched the orginal series, and read the book. Anybody remember MArtin ?? He was one of them, that come over to our side. Who would of thought thousands of hot air ballons, releasing tons of red powered would kill off the lizards :-)

Be interesting to see how this new rework does it. Knightrider wasnt too good second time around, nor Bionic woman.

SBK

jpor 06 November 2009 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Simon K (Post 9038300)
I remember the uniforms the girls wore ! Wahoooo ! :-) Very nice.

I watched the orginal series, and read the book. Anybody remember MArtin ?? He was one of them, that come over to our side. Who would of thought thousands of hot air ballons, releasing tons of red powered would kill off the lizards :-)

Be interesting to see how this new rework does it. Knightrider wasnt too good second time around, nor Bionic woman.

SBK

Well I can tell you for those who haven't seen the 1st episode of the new show, that it still keeps the essence of the original but with more of a 21st Century view of things. E.g in the original show it was perceived that the Visitors represented the Nazis of world war 2 etc... In the re-imagining of the show they are putting them down to the instabaility of the planet and the economic crisis we are having etc... for their arrival to save us from terrorism etc... Unfortunately no red uniforms. :cool:

ScoobyJawa 06 November 2009 10:03 AM

Original V = ace 80's show, end of :D

Simon K 06 November 2009 10:40 AM

I downloaded it last week, but still havent watched it. Will do this weekend. I havent watched the FLash forward series either yet, instead will get the whole lot and watch in one major sitting.

Anyone seen some US series called Your life or Your ex girlfriend ?? Its like your involved with the program, so they talk to you, the view, like your the guy ??? Its really strange, but strangely entertaining.

SBK