ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Clifford Concept 300 probs ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/797879-clifford-concept-300-probs.html)

timjohnson 30 October 2009 01:46 PM

Clifford Concept 300 probs !

Hi guys , i gotta clifford concept 300 and been playing up lately, any suggestions would be cool, it keeps having hissy fits ! but wont stop, i can arm/disarm the alarm but will keep going, only decides to stop making a noise when it wants too ! i did a fault recall and i think all the faults came up 1 called clifford they said take it to a dealer, but want to see what it is myself first, oh even putting into valet mode doesnt stop it either ! any ideas !!!????

360ste 30 October 2009 03:22 PM

For speed of fixing go to a clifford dealer as they should be able to connect a computer to it to find out the fault. Might cost you but will get the job sorted first time.

timjohnson 30 October 2009 03:29 PM

i got cliffnet wizard buut doubtthat will tell me much ? they just said the "home" version is different to what they have !

supernovauk 01 November 2009 03:59 AM

they have a pro version that only dealers have and you cant get anywhere just has a few more options if you need a copy ill e-mail it you if you need

timjohnson 01 November 2009 12:40 PM

ah that would be wicked . cheers , email addy is tjohnson25@orange.net , well now the flashes tell me door/boot/bonnet open , but i armed it then did the over ride 2 cancel the proximity sensor and it hasnt gone off....yet ! so thinkin maybe that now ? do they go faulty much ?

Car Security Expert 02 November 2009 04:40 PM

If the siren is continuing even though you have disarmed the system then you have a faulty siren. It is quite common and is usually down to the battery pack, inside the siren, not holding a charge. You can get replacement battery packs of ebay or you can buy a full new siren from your local Clifford dealer. If you go to the clifford website and click the UK button there is a dealer locator there..

You can also download a manual for your alarm at the clifford website and it will tell you what all the diagnostic flashes mean..

timjohnson 02 November 2009 05:51 PM

ahhh i did actually wonder that because weird way had disarmed alarm ! ive replaced the battery pack in siren once before , about 3years ago , how long do they last ? but strangely , maybe co-incidence since over riding the proximity sensor its stopped goin off.... maybe worth just replacing the battery pack anyway u think ? cheers

Car Security Expert 02 November 2009 09:17 PM

3-5 years is about the norm for them so yeah, its worth changing it again..

The pros could be coincidence but you will know more once you do the siren :-)

timjohnson 02 November 2009 10:35 PM

well gonna try that i think 1st ! thanks again let ya know