ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wonder if the OS will have as many bugs in it.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/797651-wonder-if-the-os-will-have-as-many-bugs-in-it.html)

corradoboy 29 October 2009 11:46 AM

Wonder if the OS will have as many bugs in it....

About what I'd expect from Microsoft.....

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...5_622807_n.jpg

Taken from their own Windows 7 homepage !

kingofturds 29 October 2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9023859)
About what I'd expect from Microsoft.....

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...5_622807_n.jpg

Taken from their own Windows 7 homepage !

That's my lucky number.

ALi-B 29 October 2009 11:52 AM

Edit; spotted it.

:lol1:

FAIL!

kingofturds 29 October 2009 11:54 AM

It says 5 reasons when there are 7, and number 4 has been used twice and points 3 and 4 are the same.

Snazy 29 October 2009 11:56 AM

lol oh dear

hutton_d 29 October 2009 11:59 AM

Mine goes to 11 ....... :D

Dave

corradoboy 29 October 2009 12:03 PM

Looks like they've edited it now :lol1:

Will 29 October 2009 12:08 PM

:lol1: Nice find.

SwissTony 29 October 2009 12:17 PM

To be fair there were 6 points. The 6th point read:

This is the bestest ever gawd damn OS I have used
Iain Young PC Guru , UK

:D

Leslie 31 October 2009 12:13 PM

Micro Mart seemed to think its alright.

Les

zeuss 31 October 2009 01:25 PM

Im running Windows 7 at the minute not found any major problems had a software issue with my printer easily rectified from HP website - but apart from that its running faster will see how it goes ;)

LG John 31 October 2009 01:45 PM

I went from XP directly to Windows 7 as I hated Vista. Got Windows 7 Pro 64 and it's awesome. Really stable, tones of functionality and loads of genuinely useful features. Loving it :)

ScoTTyB 31 October 2009 05:43 PM

'hated vista'. Why? Windows 7 is no different really.

I don't understand how people 'hated' vista but 'love' windows 7. I'm sure they just say it because it's the 'thing' to do.

LG John 31 October 2009 06:24 PM

Because vista was a total resource hog and on many half decent computers it just dragged its feet. Windows 7 is more stable, much faster, less intrusive and has a host of genuinely useful features that improve your overall experience. I'm probably a little picky but I can't afford any lag at all on my computer as it drive me mental when playing poker and can be costly. Therefore I need instant reaction to my commands and also non-intrusive virus software, etc.

I guess the word I'd use to describe win7 overall is 'Slick'.....something vista just wasn't.

bioforger 31 October 2009 06:38 PM

Rubbish Vista was very slick you just needed a fast rig :) Win 7 is even better.

LG John 31 October 2009 06:51 PM

Well my two experiences of it were:

mate bought a brand new comp, albeit low-mid spec, and vista was **** slow from a clean install.

my wife bought a new laptop, albeit low-spec, and vista was pretty **** slow on it from a clean install.

Meanwhile, I stuck with a stripped down XP on an ancient computer and it destroyed them both. I'd love to load Win7 onto the wifes laptop to further 'test' my theory that it would run quicker and smoother than vista, but I frankly don't care enough :D

EddScott 31 October 2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB (Post 9027799)
'hated' vista but 'love' windows 7. .

7 is really just Vista SP3. I think its a big Mircosoft con! Bring out a POS OS, make people put up with it for a bit and then release a rebuilt version with all the rubbish taken out.

Bit of a Windows 98/ME

scarey 31 October 2009 07:41 PM

reason I hated vista was cos of this ipv6 ****

still get it in windows 7? Or does it default to the real world?

ScoobyJawa 31 October 2009 07:51 PM

no probs with vista here either :) except bandwidth throttling :mad: lol

Luminous 31 October 2009 10:37 PM

Win 7 is going to be great, still some teething problems here with drivers. Hopefully they will be sorted soon. Personally I am going to stay 32bit, as too much of my software still does not like 64bit.

Far better than Vista, as the GUI is more responsive. More than one application is allowed to draw to it at time, which allows for a snappier response to your commands. I still find the most stable and dependable OS to be XP for now. As soon as they work out whatever bugs will be present in 7 then its finally time to upgrade all your machines that can take it.

Christ 31 October 2009 11:01 PM

Had a play round with Win7 last week... I was expecting so much more following all the hype...

Ive used windows since 3.11, but recently swapped over to Snow Leopard - pretty confident that I'll never run another Windows based machine again..

Chris