ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scratches and more scratches (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/796909-scratches-and-more-scratches.html)

The Myth 25 October 2009 12:10 PM

Scratches and more scratches

Hello again
Im pretty Pi**ed off at the moment and would like some advice please.
I have had my scooby just over a week,bought off a garage forcourt looking really nice with only a couple of scratches here and there.
Well after a couple of washes my couple of scratches have turned into many unsightly ones,as its in mica blue they really stand out close up.
Now i guess most garages know the best way to present a car on its forecourt with polish to mask these scratches.
Please could you advise me of the best way to mask over these dam things,what do you guys use,any decent stuff out there,ie is colour magic any use or waste of money,really appreciate you views.:confused:
Thank you
Alan

m@t STImulation 25 October 2009 12:27 PM

go into the car care section and the pros will sort you out

IainMilford 25 October 2009 12:31 PM

I know how annoying scratches can be, not long after I got mine I discovered a few scratches I couldn't sleep!!!!! My girlfriend thought I was nuts perhaps its ocd or just goes to show how much we love our cars!!

For light scratches in the paintwork I have found G3 cream to work well, youcan get it from a bodywork/panel shop, I find these work well with light cat claw scratches etc

For deeper scratches you would need something like colour magic but as I havn't tried it I cant comment

Hope you get it sorted

winker 25 October 2009 01:30 PM

scratches

Hi Mica blue nice colour but as you say shows all the marks i know i have had the same problem.What i have done in the past and you must be careful is flat the panel very lightly with 1500 wet&dry plenty of soap and water then you need a good buffer and 3M paste does bring it back.

lovinmescoob 25 October 2009 02:49 PM

IainMilford, is this the stuff you recommend :-

FARECLA SWIRL REMOVER PROFESSIONAL G3 on eBay (end time 19-Nov-09 14:50:57 GMT)

the_big_1 25 October 2009 03:01 PM

If you use G3, get a good polish and wax. Takes a lot of work but if your patient, it does
a great job!

The Rig 25 October 2009 03:16 PM

and use alot of water with G3,it will burn the paint if you dont

the_big_1 25 October 2009 04:02 PM

If your new to electric polisher etc, best just use G3 by hand, keep clear of edges of pannels etc

Dave Y 25 October 2009 05:50 PM

Get a professional detailer to have a look,i took mine to a chap in Swindon.He made a hell of an improvement to my paintwork.

IainMilford 25 October 2009 09:24 PM

you only need a small blob of G3 to rub in over scratches. I generally go round the car first to check for scratches, use the G3 then wash the car afterwards. You dont need to use much