ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   crime maps (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/796019-crime-maps.html)

j4ckos mate 20 October 2009 10:33 AM

crime maps

has anyone else had a go,
despite living on the outskirts of wythenshawe mines quite good, compared to other people in the office and where they live.

mamoon2 20 October 2009 10:34 AM

Link?

Leslie 20 October 2009 11:00 AM

Could not find the maps-all the links just say that it is coming eventually.

Les

Coffin Dodger 20 October 2009 11:24 AM

Les,

You need a lesson in Googling ;)

InstantAtlas? Report

Leslie 20 October 2009 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 9007215)
Les,

You need a lesson in Googling ;)

InstantAtlas? Report

Looks like it! Thanks CD.

Les :oops:

j4ckos mate 20 October 2009 12:06 PM

maps.police.uk/

j4ckos mate 20 October 2009 12:13 PM

quite chuffed at mine, its better than what i thought it would be

kingofturds 20 October 2009 12:19 PM

I was quite smug until I realised it was the home office. I bet 90% of low level crime is not even reported, the last tme I called the police after my tyres were slashed they never even bothered sending anyone out so I never bothered reporting it the next time it happened.

NotoriousREV 20 October 2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9007302)
I was quite smug until I realised it was the home office. I bet 90% of low level crime is not even reported, the last tme I called the police after my tyres were slashed they never even bothered sending anyone out so I never bothered reporting it the next time it happened.

So it's the Home Office's fault that you failed to report a crime? Or are you suggesting that they should employ some sort of technology that can track crime even if it's unreported?

Luminous 20 October 2009 01:09 PM

Hmm, just had a look at that link. So, I had better say goodbye looking at my area :( Still at least the neighbouring area is even worse, so I will only be stabbed to death tonight instead of being shot :lol1:

kingofturds 20 October 2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 9007365)
So it's the Home Office's fault that you failed to report a crime? Or are you suggesting that they should employ some sort of technology that can track crime even if it's unreported?

People have lost faith with the justice system, why should i ring the police if they do not even bother to attend? The cost of losing my ncb is far outweighed by buying two new tyres.

I am suggesting that people are so disillusioned with the justice system , that they fail to report crimes commited.

MattW 20 October 2009 02:09 PM

Swindon is pretty bad lol

Coffin Dodger 20 October 2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 9007450)
Swindon is pretty bad lol

We know that but is it crime central ;):D

NotoriousREV 20 October 2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9007390)
People have lost faith with the justice system, why should i ring the police if they do not even bother to attend? The cost of losing my ncb is far outweighed by buying two new tyres.

I am suggesting that people are so disillusioned with the justice system , that they fail to report crimes commited.

Well, OK if that's your stance but if you don't report crime don't complain when it's not dealt with. If you do report crime and it's not dealt with, cause a fuss. When my GTR got vandalised (attempted break in with a plant pot and a "for sale" sign!), I had a SOCO round within a couple of hours because I refused to simply accept a crime ref. number. No evidence and scrotes not caught unfortunately, but they did try. The police are busy and they'll ditch the stuff no-one's making a fuss over, if they can.