ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Old People At Lunchtimes (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/795094-old-people-at-lunchtimes.html)

michaelro 14 October 2009 09:34 PM

Old People At Lunchtimes

Why is it that where ever you go during your short lunch break, old people are out in force to slow you down :mad:

Popped to the shop during my 1/2 hour lunch break only to return an hour later as the whole shop was full of them doing their weekly shopping :cry:

Can't they stay in between 12 and 2pm? :lol1:

Tam the bam 14 October 2009 09:44 PM

You'll be an old codger one day too! ;) :D

Mr-Confused 14 October 2009 09:58 PM

They set off at 9am and get home by 5pm. Shopping in the middle part is a random moving time slot.

Fabioso 15 October 2009 12:46 AM

The blue rinse brigade used to annoy me greatly at lunchtimes when I used to buy sandwiches at Tesco.

They would forever be hogging up the 10 items tills telling their life phooking stories (THANK GOD FOR THE SELF SERVE ONES NOW) then you'd find you would always be behind one of them doing 15 miles an hour max all the way out of the carpark and back to where ever you were going!! They would always creep towards a green light and it always changed :D

INTRODUCE A CURFEW FOR 'EM (Not between the hours of 12 - 2) :)

chocolate_o_brian 15 October 2009 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fabioso (Post 8998311)
The blue rinse brigade used to annoy me greatly at lunchtimes when I used to buy sandwiches at Tesco.

They would forever be hogging up the 10 items tills telling their life phooking stories (THANK GOD FOR THE SELF SERVE ONES NOW) then you'd find you would always be behind one of them doing 15 miles an hour max all the way out of the carpark and back to where ever you were going!! They would always creep towards a green light and it always changed :D

INTRODUCE A CURFEW FOR 'EM (Not between the hours of 12 - 2) :)

You'd think that they would be in a little more of a hurry considering they have little time left FFS. :mad:

windyboy 15 October 2009 10:22 AM

They all seem to live beside the sea too, my home town (Bangor, Norn Iron) and my girlfriends smaller town of Donaghadee seem to be full of them !!!!

windyboy

Leslie 15 October 2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 8998005)
Why is it that where ever you go during your short lunch break, old people are out in force to slow you down :mad:

Popped to the shop during my 1/2 hour lunch break only to return an hour later as the whole shop was full of them doing their weekly shopping :cry:

Can't they stay in between 12 and 2pm? :lol1:

There will of course be a large number of older people with good manners and thought for others who would have the tolerance to put up with the unnecessarily impatient and unpleasant behaviour of people like you!

Les

michaelro 15 October 2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8998673)
There will of course be a large number of older people with good manners and thought for others who would have the tolerance to put up with the unnecessarily impatient and unpleasant behaviour of people like you!

Les

Was I in the queue behind you....? :Suspiciou :p

Bravo2zero_sps 15 October 2009 12:19 PM

These are the same lot that go out in their cars on a Sunday and do 30mph in national speed limit zones and have half a mile of traffic behind them. The curfew should be extended to keep them off the roads on Sundays too :thumb:

Leslie 15 October 2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 8998686)
Was I in the queue behind you....? :Suspiciou :p

Is that the best you can do then?

Les

speedking 15 October 2009 01:21 PM

The shops / Post Offices / banks don't help by letting half their staff go on their lunch break at their busiest time of day :mad: