ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Call to prayer (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/794050-call-to-prayer.html)

RobJenks 09 October 2009 06:14 AM

Call to prayer

Has the muslim call to prayer been approved in Oxford or any where else in the UK ? I read I while ago that it was to be sanctioned .

TelBoy 09 October 2009 08:05 AM

25% of the world now Muslim.

What are 1.5 billion people getting that i'm obviously missing?? :wonder:

CrisPDuk 09 October 2009 12:59 PM

It'll be something not much different from what the world's Christian & Jewish populations are getting Tel ;)

I'm missing what they're seeing too :wonder:

Leslie 09 October 2009 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 8987604)
Has the muslim call to prayer been approved in Oxford or any where else in the UK ? I read I while ago that it was to be sanctioned .

Can you explain the meaning of that and the ramifications.

Les

RobJenks 10 October 2009 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8988159)
Can you explain the meaning of that and the ramifications.

Les

It is a simple question I think -its either a yes or no

Leslie 10 October 2009 10:57 AM

I'll make it simpler for you. What do you mean by "Call to prayer" ?

Les

pandyman 10 October 2009 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8989746)

Les

i may be wrong but i think its the awful catawalling that anounces over a very loud tannoy its time to come and pray to mecca at certain times of the day most noticably around 5am ish

Well thats what i used to hear when i visited turkey

pandyman 10 October 2009 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by pandyman (Post 8989768)
i may be wrong but i think its the awful catawalling that anounces over a very loud tannoy its time to come and pray to mecca at certain times of the day most noticably around 5am ish:cuckoo:

Why they cant get with it and use text messages is anyones guess ha ha

The Zohan 10 October 2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by pandyman (Post 8989768)
i may be wrong but i think its the awful catawalling that anounces over a very loud tannoy its time to come and pray to mecca at certain times of the day most noticably around 5am ish

That's exactly it, it eminates from the Mosques five times a day. The call to prayer is heard at dawn, at the midday, about the middle of the afternoon, just after sunset, and at night fall about two hours after sunset. As for awful catwalling, i got quite used to it living in the ME, the main problem was the loonies on the road, late trying to get to the mosques!

RobJenks 10 October 2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8989746)

Les

You obviously are unaware of the call to prayer, which has been adequately described by others.
If you are unable to understand a simple question , then I can see why you would be unable to answer.

J4CKO 10 October 2009 01:44 PM

God, I would hope not, church bells are annoying enough but are at least tuneful, we are not an Islamic country and personally I would prefer not to have to listen to it, seems strange how anythign Christmas or Christianity related gets dumbed down or stopped as it may offend Muslims but catawaulling is being looked at as a viable option, its not even the Muslims that generally object to Christian things its the councils trying to be all multi cultural.

Klaatu 10 October 2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8987647)
25% of the world now Muslim.

What are 1.5 billion people getting that i'm obviously missing?? :wonder:

The "snip", wiping your ads with one hand and eating the other. Oh, I almost forgot, you have to "submit".

It is strange however, that while "Christians" were, I dunno, trying to enslave people, Islam was freeing people. Notably Grenada and Toledo (No not the cars) cities in Northern Spain. Look it up, Columbus would not have made it to "The New World" without instruments invented by Islamists. Really!

fastmike 10 October 2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8989777)
That's exactly it, it eminates from the Mosques five times a day. The call to prayer is heard at dawn, at the midday, about the middle of the afternoon, just after sunset, and at night fall about two hours after sunset. As for awful catwalling, i got quite used to it living in the ME, the main problem was the loonies on the road, late trying to get to the mosques!

WOW I now have another excuse for speeding

Leslie 11 October 2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 8989850)
You obviously are unaware of the call to prayer, which has been adequately described by others.
If you are unable to understand a simple question , then I can see why you would be unable to answer.

We have never heard such a procedure in this area so I reckon thats a pretty fair reason for me to ask you the question to find out exactly what you meant by that term. As you rather rudely inferred, but for the wrong reason, I felt I was unable to answer your own simple question for the quoted reason above.

Now that it has been explained by someone else, I do understand what you meant, but I cannot understand why you felt that you could not explain it yourself, especially since you asked the question in the first place!

Les