ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Blackberry users, BBM 5.0 is here (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/793904-blackberry-users-bbm-5-0-is-here.html)

Snazy 08 October 2009 10:33 AM

Blackberry users, BBM 5.0 is here

Downloads available multiple ways.

***Official BBM 5.0.0.33 download links OTA install*** - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

moff1888 08 October 2009 12:08 PM

Done and done. :thumb:

SwissTony 08 October 2009 12:19 PM

Cant wait :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...c/paintdry.jpg

;)

moff1888 08 October 2009 01:15 PM

Looks dry to me already, he just can't be arsed any more.

Snazy 08 October 2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8986159)
Cant wait :thumb:

;)

Oh no, you get it all wrong, RIM have REALLY moved the game forward with this. Leading the way into 2010 of how mobile media devices will operate.
Its mindblowing, electrifying, and totally class leading. :thumb:

I am of course kidding, and just taking the piss.
It is however a nice upgrade to the current BBM, and a step in the right direction for all us lonely misguided BB owners who have not yet seen the iLight

SwissTony 08 October 2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 8986329)
Oh no, you get it all wrong, RIM have REALLY moved the game forward with this. Leading the way into 2010 of how mobile media devices will operate.
Its mindblowing, electrifying, and totally class leading. :thumb:

I am quoting that for future reference :D

It is however a nice upgrade to the current BBM, and a step in the right direction for all us lonely misguided BB owners who have not yet seen the iLight
Aint that the truth :D

Snazy 08 October 2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8986351)
I am quoting that for future reference :D

Aint that the truth :D

lol you can save it, I had saved it from a previous thread anyway :D

Yeah, us sad BB owners, we were never cut out to be as hip and cool as the iPhone nation we live in. But we are happy in our little niche :p

Im gonna try and break free and get an iPhone when Orange launch them :thumb:

Jamescsti 08 October 2009 01:45 PM

You cant leave all us BB owners!

SwissTony 08 October 2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 8986365)
You cant leave all us BB owners!

Yeah Michael !!! How could desert your faithful few , who have hung onto every word and followed you down paths they never imagined, bodly stepping into the world of the crackberry only to be deserted by their messiah when he jumps ship and leaves them all floundering in a sea of emails, updates and funny scroll wheels ..you barstard :mad::lol1:

Snazy 08 October 2009 02:00 PM

lol its ok James im not.
I just want to get one to see what exactly is so fandiddlytastic about them.
I would not be without a BB now, regardless.

The iphone will just be something I am considering as one of my upgrades that I can use at the gym for music.... Just to replace my ipod lol.

BB for life.... no doubt.

Gear Head 08 October 2009 02:10 PM

Only just got myself an 8900 curve last week. I love it! :D Didn't want to follow the crowd with the I-phone either, or the £45 per month contract. :razz:

Snazy 08 October 2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100 (Post 8986408)
Only just got myself an 8900 curve last week. I love it! :D Didn't want to follow the crowd with the I-phone either, or the £45 per month contract. :razz:

Welcome to the little corner mate :luxhello:
254D4E45 if you get bored :D or I can help in any way.

You having fun with it, done the whole customising thing yet ?

Gear Head 08 October 2009 03:01 PM

Please tell me 254D4E45 is? i assume it is a msg address of some sort?

Have played a little, but can't find any decent backgrounds for the main screen.

Snazy 08 October 2009 03:17 PM

lol Chris its a PIN code, you have one too.
It enables messaging via email and BBM BlackBerry Messenger.
Quite a few SNetters on BBM now, so its just a good little resource to use from time to time, or when bored lol.

To get yours, press shift/alt/h together, and a status screen will pop up, PIN will be one of the sections on it. Always 8 characters.

BuRR 08 October 2009 03:18 PM

If the iPhone was able to properly run iChat as a background app, like RIM does with BBM, it would be a TOTAL win....

BBM is very very good at what it does - allows instant messaging, worldwide, from device to device in the background.

Snazy 08 October 2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by BuRR (Post 8986545)
If the iPhone was able to properly run iChat as a background app, like RIM does with BBM, it would be a TOTAL win....

BBM is very very good at what it does - allows instant messaging, worldwide, from device to device in the background.

BBM was a proper life saver while I was in the USA, and great to have random chats with people around the world too lol.

Apple have just launched an app for iPhones, in fact very similar to BBM, and actually advertised as "Blackberry have BBM... Now Apple has..."
Obviously not officially advertised like that, but by the masses thats the expression that was used.

Now they have that, RIM will collapse and die, and us BB users will HAVE to use an iPhone, its the only way :Whatever_ :lol1:

I do agree though, BBM is a simple yet great application.

BuRR 08 October 2009 08:44 PM

Yes, agreed. The iPhone app is still an app that you have to run - and it relies on push notifications.

The pure simplicity and beauty of BBM means that you don't even have to think about it.

Jamescsti 09 October 2009 05:56 PM

Just got round to uprading my messenger too now, BBM5 is indeed a nice piece of software.

My pin is 2110C97A if anyone wants to add me?

Snazy 09 October 2009 06:02 PM

Took ya bloody time !
Bolt 1.5 is the next one to try out.

Oh and for anyone looking for a weather app. BerryWeather is on sale today only for $4.97. Great app :)

Jamescsti 09 October 2009 06:06 PM

LOL, been busy with some big DIY work,

Jist upgraded Berrybuzz too to latest version, I'll look for Bolt 1.5 now,

Jamescsti 09 October 2009 06:31 PM

Bolt has now been downloaded too!

Dan Ingram 09 October 2009 06:47 PM

Whats bolt?

Snazy 09 October 2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Ingram (Post 8988812)
Whats bolt?

A new browser for the Berry's

Bolt Browser v1.5 released! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Pretty good, nice and smooth, fast. Only downside is lack of hotkeys at the mo.
Worth toying with none the less.

BerryWeather for anyone interested :)
BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Deep Singh 09 October 2009 10:09 PM

Snazy, any apps for allowing video viewing available at the moment?

Thanks

Snazy 09 October 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8989274)
Snazy, any apps for allowing video viewing available at the moment?

Thanks

The beta version of the new Bolt browser is meant to have a built in YouTube player. Is that the sort of thing you mean, or did you mean a specific type of video file ?

Deep Singh 10 October 2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 8989382)
The beta version of the new Bolt browser is meant to have a built in YouTube player. Is that the sort of thing you mean, or did you mean a specific type of video file ?

Thats exactly what I meant. I'll check it out:thumb:

bigsinky 10 October 2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 8988723)

Oh and for anyone looking for a weather app. BerryWeather is on sale today only for $4.97. Great app :)

bought it today. seems first class. would like radar maps of uk though

Snazy 10 October 2009 04:29 PM

Yeah UK radar would be cool, but facts neatly presented will do me for now lol.
I have some of the cities in Florida on it too, so can watch their storms blow in on radar haha.

DS, good stuff mate, was using it last night, seemed to do the job, let me know how it goes.

bigsinky 10 October 2009 04:46 PM

youtube in bolt is cool. finally BB will play youtube stuff

Deep Singh 10 October 2009 04:59 PM

Thanks. Stupid question of the week time.....how do I get the bolt app? Will it be on the bb apps world link on my phone?