ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone on here been selling off their gold? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/793459-anyone-on-here-been-selling-off-their-gold.html)

Fantom 05 October 2009 07:19 PM

Anyone on here been selling off their gold?

Plenty of websites offering this service. I had a guy come round last week giving out leaflets. He and his wife have started their own business and can apparently offer a better price as they don't advertise on TV etc.

I have a 9ct gold chain that I don't wear anymore. It was £300 when I got it but I only paid £150 in a half price deal. I weighed it yesterday and it is just over 1oz. 20" long and looks identical to this:

Buy 9ct Gold Solid Curb Chain. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

although mine didn't come from argos lol.

Any ideas on how much I should get for it? Don't want to let it go for a silly price if its worth a couple of hundred.

yoza 05 October 2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 8981111)
Plenty of websites offering this service. I had a guy come round last week giving out leaflets. He and his wife have started their own business and can apparently offer a better price as they don't advertise on TV etc.

I have a 9ct gold chain that I don't wear anymore. It was £300 when I got it but I only paid £150 in a half price deal. I weighed it yesterday and it is just over 1oz. 20" long and looks identical to this:

Buy 9ct Gold Solid Curb Chain. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

although mine didn't come from argos lol.

Any ideas on how much I should get for it? Don't want to let it go for a silly price if its worth a couple of hundred.

9ct... £180-£200 per oz, some places more, some less.

what would scooby do 05 October 2009 07:37 PM

Anyone on here been selling off their gold?
I think you will find Gordon Brown has already sold all of our gold off for 20p a Kilo!

powerwrx 05 October 2009 08:23 PM

local jewlers near me are paying £5 per gram..

kingofturds 05 October 2009 08:41 PM

I'd be buying physical gold right now. Paper gold is not worth $hit

warrenm2 05 October 2009 09:38 PM

As a slight diversion - anyone know the best place to sell a genuine Tiffany engagement ring (with certificate)?

windyboy 06 October 2009 12:43 PM

all these places that "recycle gold", how do you know that you are getting your own gold back and that it's the right amount ??

windyboy

EddScott 06 October 2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 8981494)
As a slight diversion - anyone know the best place to sell a genuine Tiffany engagement ring (with certificate)?

Sh1t dude, she said no???

:)

Haven't got any gold but have some clients in gold orientated funds that have done rather well of late. Won't be selling them just yet :)

Fantom 06 October 2009 07:30 PM

Well Yoza got it pretty much spot on. I was offered £170 and I'm fairly happy with that.