ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   leaky impreza - water in footwell of classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/793273-leaky-impreza-water-in-footwell-of-classic.html)

Adam Kindness 04 October 2009 07:30 PM

leaky impreza - water in footwell of classic

as above... i have puddles in the driver footwell if the car is left out in rain :( Any known problem areas I can check out?

Andy-H 05 October 2009 07:42 AM

Ialso have this same problem can't find where the hell its coming from:brickwall

alcazar 05 October 2009 10:27 AM

First, taste the water, (yes, I'm serious), if it's sweetish it's got antifreeze in it and is coming from your heater matrix.

If it's not that, has the car ever had a new windscreen?
Mine had the screen replaced, and the seal wasn't good, so it leaked. Only a pin leak, but enough to soak the passenger side footwell.

Removal and resealing the screen cured it.

A decent car glass place will remove the trim around the screen and can then see if it's a thin/poor seal.

Adam Kindness 05 October 2009 08:17 PM

i dont have a heater matrix, and all holes relating to it are blanked.

The frontn windscreen was out for the cage fitting so prob that.... i'll have a look :)

ta

alcazar 05 October 2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Kindness (Post 8981265)
i dont have a heater matrix, and all holes relating to it are blanked.

The frontn windscreen was out for the cage fitting so prob that.... i'll have a look :)

ta

Almost a cert;(

wrighty338 07 October 2009 12:24 AM

any ideas how water would get in a rear footwell>?

alcazar 07 October 2009 09:01 AM

Hole in the floor? Rubber grommet missing?

I also had a rear screen leak, this wet the rear panel, the rear seats, the floor in the rear and the boot:(

It may also be possible for water from the front to reach the rear. Is the front carpet wet too?

Adam Kindness 07 October 2009 09:21 AM

if my car is parked on a hill the water runs to the rear footwell (type R)

alcazar 07 October 2009 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Kindness (Post 8984000)
if my car is parked on a hill the water runs to the rear footwell (type R)

There you go then: I thought the footwells would be connected, but haven't had my carpets out to check.

hacky 23 January 2010 01:01 PM

Adam, did you identify the source of your leak.

I am in exactly the same boat, type R, when car is left parked in the rain the drivers footwell builds a very big puddle. I have the interior out just now and honestly dont have a clue where it is coming from.

I was thinking it was coming from the bulkhead but I silicon sealed the grommit good.

Windscreen is a possibility but wouldnt have thought so in my case. Possibly a blocked gutter? Blocked scuttle pannel? Door seal?

Think I might talcom powder the area next time it is to rain. Im sick of having to use a sponge to wring out the puddle. Plus I want to put the carpets and rear seats back in.

alcazar 23 January 2010 01:48 PM

Has it EVER had a new windscreen?

If the answer is yes, have that checked out.