ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The day has finally arrived!!!!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/792970-the-day-has-finally-arrived.html)

al02uk 02 October 2009 08:44 PM

The day has finally arrived!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm taking all my bits and bobs to API engines to be transformed :thumb:

It has taken me months and months to save for this lot :)

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss222/al02uk/1-1.jpg

The Spec is:

2.5ltr STI Block
Manley forged pistons
Manley rods
STI Crankshaft
ACL main and rod bearings
RCM Oil pump
Zerosports low temp thermostat
Power Enterprise kevlar belt
ARP Bolts
CDF Racing adjustable pulleys
Manley performance valves
Crower valve springs & titanium retainers
Crower 272/272 cams
Perrin crank pulley
WRX EJ20 heads ported, polished and machined to suit EJ25

Thanks

Andy

powerwrx 02 October 2009 08:46 PM

nice! bet you cant wait for the finished result

Stevesbluewrx 02 October 2009 08:47 PM

Nice one Andy.

Bet you can't wait. It'll be worth it fella.

Steve

al02uk 02 October 2009 08:50 PM

Thanks guys, definately can't wait. had to walk past the car and get in the slow pick up for almost a year.

Steve, did you fit the bumper mate?

F1 CJE UK 02 October 2009 08:53 PM

nice one hope it goes well, i am still at the saving period

stevie1982 02 October 2009 08:56 PM

Best of luck mate, and might even see you at David's as I am taking a mate up there to pick his wagon up after the gearbox went.

Always nice to see a fellow owner and member

al02uk 02 October 2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 8976035)
Best of luck mate, and might even see you at David's as I am taking a mate up there to pick his wagon up after the gearbox went.

Always nice to see a fellow owner and member

Look forward to it mate, forgive the missus though. She'll have a face like thunder as she isn't too impressed that all the parts managed to sneak into the front room.

I'm promising her a bit of shopping to ease the pain :)

stevie1982 02 October 2009 09:26 PM

funny how we feel the need to offer a sweatner to the other half when spunking money on cars.

Well if you are there around ten to half ten I will see you there, will be in a black 05 t25,

cheers steve

dannytwo 02 October 2009 10:54 PM

Nice one mate i bet your well chuffed:)
What power are you hoping for?

Dannytwo

al02uk 02 October 2009 10:56 PM

definately chuffed mate,

I'm hoping it will be good for about 500bhp, with supporting turbo/fmic etc

Although if it can't go that far I'm not too bothered as long as its reliable

saz123 03 October 2009 12:00 AM

good choice of parts, mines at api at the moment too with similar sort of spec cant wait to get it back, best of luck with the build

dannytwo 03 October 2009 12:09 AM

I would'nt worry to much about massive power,as long as you are happy with it and its reliable, thats all that matter:)

Dannytwo

Vr5RA_Matchew 03 October 2009 12:40 AM

Bet your mrs isnt happy about that lot in your living room

GMballistic 03 October 2009 01:05 AM

I'd rather look at that lot than the telly too :lol: :D
Should be awesome with that little lot...post some pics after the build if you can :thumb:

al02uk 03 October 2009 07:57 AM

She isn't happy, I'm well informed of that :)

But to be fair, I do have a "Subaru room" and it seems to have spilt out into the front room "by accident". I also have turned our balcony into a workshop, which again could have gone down better.

Anyway, she's armed with her Next catalogue so all is well, We'll be setting off shortly.

yey

beef-on-the-bone 03 October 2009 09:39 AM

good times :)

wrx9181 03 October 2009 01:00 PM

good times lol

M444GY 03 October 2009 02:30 PM

nice pile of parts u got there fella:thumb:

al02uk 03 October 2009 06:30 PM

Had a good day!!

Met David and the gang, very nice guys. I even had one of the famous bacon rolls.

Felt like I was a kid in a sweet shop when I went in, Subaru parts everywhere :)

On a serious note, I'm really glad I handed over my build to them instead of attempting it myself. Small details which I over looked could have caused big headaches, but they were fully explained in terms that I could understand. I left with a full understanding of every aspect of my build.

Also met a few SNetters, was nice to see you guys. Ross thanks for chatting to Caroline when I just p**sed of and left her to look at scoobies and parts.

All I need to do now is sit back and wait for the magic to happen!!

GMballistic 03 October 2009 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by al02uk (Post 8977438)
Had a good day!!

Met David and the gang, very nice guys. I even had one of the famous bacon rolls.

Felt like I was a kid in a sweet shop when I went in, Subaru parts everywhere :)

On a serious note, I'm really glad I handed over my build to them instead of attempting it myself. Small details which I over looked could have caused big headaches, but they were fully explained in terms that I could understand. I left with a full understanding of every aspect of my build.

Also met a few SNetters, was nice to see you guys. Ross thanks for chatting to Caroline when I just p**sed of and left her to look at scoobies and parts.

All I need to do now is sit back and wait for the magic to happen!!

API's customer service cannot be faulted IMO. Now comes the worst part, the waiting:lol1: minutes feel like hours, day's like weeks......better find something else to pass the time otherwise it will be all you thinkabout.:D

al02uk 04 October 2009 03:58 PM

I know what you mean, I'm not in any major rush on this one though, I just want to get it right first time. I still have some more bits so save for too.

I have posted a few things up for sale on here if anyone is interested. I've decided to get a Spec C manifold so various bits can go.

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...v-deletes.html