ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   They finally caught up with Roman Polanski! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/791979-they-finally-caught-up-with-roman-polanski.html)

billyray911 27 September 2009 06:02 PM

They finally caught up with Roman Polanski!

Apparently,he has just been locked up in Switzerland for a 31 year old warrant re his having sex with a 13 year old to which he pleaded guilty to in 1978.To be extradited to the US...
Bet Manson is having a chuckle to himself.
Roman Polanski Taken Into Swiss Custody: Film Director Held On 1978 US Arrest Warrant | World News | Sky News

Midlife...... 27 September 2009 10:20 PM

Blimey that stretches even my memory.........I guess that would be Sharon Tate :(

Shaun

boxst 27 September 2009 10:27 PM

No, that was his wife murdered by the Mansons.

The under-age thing was with Samantha Gailey.

Steve

paulwrxboro 27 September 2009 10:29 PM

good dirty old *******

hodgy0_2 28 September 2009 09:52 AM

The facts as ever, are slightly more complicated

apparently he pleaded guilty in a plea bargain (used a lot in the US judicial system) in return for a non custodial sentence. However, before sentencing was to take place he and his legal team got wind of the fact that the judge was going to renege on the deal and give him a prison sentence. That is when he did a runner

The Judge was subsequently censured over misconduct in the trial.

hutton_d 28 September 2009 10:13 AM

Why have the Swiss arrested him now? Seems he's had a house there for years. Plus his victim has said they should drop the charges (not all her decision I know and she has received some form of out-of-court settlement since the event). Seems there must be more to this than meets the eye ....

Dave

Bravo2zero_sps 28 September 2009 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 8966741)
Why have the Swiss arrested him now?
Dave

From what i've read it's because the US knew he was travelling there to get an award and asked the Swiss authorities to arrest him on his arrival so they could extradite him.

hodgy0_2 28 September 2009 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8966744)
From what i've read it's because the US knew he was travelling there to get an award and asked the Swiss authorities to arrest him on his arrival so they could extradite him.

but he is not some sort of Bin Laden character

his movements are fairly well documented – as previously stated he lived in Switzerland for a couple of years

Maybe they US justice dept should have got “Heat” magazine onto it instead of the FBI

Leslie 28 September 2009 12:23 PM

Whatever the legal niceties, I hope the extradition order goes through and that he is banged up for a good long stretch.

Les

CrisPDuk 28 September 2009 09:52 PM

Fcuk his 'good' name, the time gap and the legal niceties :nono:

He still poured champagne and quaaludes down the throat of a thirteen year old girl and then forced himself upon her :mad:

All this was after he had coerced her parents into allowing him (an internationally renowned film director) to photograph her for a fashion magazine :mad:

I bet Gary Glitter is wishing he'd gone to France now instead of Vietnam :lol1: They take much better care of their paedos :mad::mad:

cster 29 September 2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 8968301)

I bet Gary Glitter is wishing he'd gone to France now instead of Vietnam :lol1: They take much better care of their paedos :mad::mad:

Don't forget Ayatollahs, Red Brigade members plus the late and great Yasser Arafat :)

The Zohan 29 September 2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 8968301)
Fcuk his 'good' name, the time gap and the legal niceties :nono:

He still poured champagne and quaaludes down the throat of a thirteen year old girl and then forced himself upon her :mad:

All this was after he had coerced her parents into allowing him (an internationally renowned film director) to photograph her for a fashion magazine :mad:

Yup, his fame and sympathy over what happened to his late wife and unborn child seem to have shielded him from becoming known as paedo.

Not soo sure how he is better than the likes of Glitter/Gadd as them seem to have had similar tastes which are deemed illegal and imoral.