ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   BMW 3 E92 Coupe - Black with red leather?... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/791828-bmw-3-e92-coupe-black-with-red-leather.html)

Petem95 26 September 2009 07:48 PM

BMW 3 E92 Coupe - Black with red leather?...

Ok found an E92 3 series coupe I like, M-Sport in black with the optional 19" wheels so looks mint outside... BUT its got the dark red leather... :Suspiciou

I can't quite get my head around the red leather, looks cool in something like an Alfa, but I think BMW's are too conservative and should stick with grey or black.

Or am I wrong? - what are peoples opinions on this?! Most people I've asked seem to reckon it's a big thumbs up on a black, grey or white car one but I can't decide?

Whats the scoobynet opinion?!

Jamz3k 26 September 2009 07:55 PM

defo go for it, the e92 coupe is one of the most stylish looking BMW's ever imo and i think the red leather you've mentioned would just add to a car that in the right colour can already make you give it a double glance.

paulwrxboro 26 September 2009 08:01 PM

i like red and hate grey

Stryder 26 September 2009 08:04 PM

winning combo I think!;)

hodgy0_2 26 September 2009 08:18 PM

i saw a red 3 series touring the other day -- stunning until you saw the interior

RED leather aaaaggh disaster

who on earth has ever seen a Red Cow

would really put me off (every time I walked upto the car, i would think **** do i have to sit in that tarts boudoire)

Petem95 26 September 2009 09:16 PM

3 to 1 then! There's defo more love for the red leather than I thought then! Maybe I'll have to see it and decide from there. Still can't make my mind up!

Suffkunchris 26 September 2009 09:24 PM

Red leather red leather!!!! red leather rocks with black BM's

bighead 26 September 2009 09:29 PM

black with black

Steve vRS 26 September 2009 11:17 PM

I vote red.

And given my Scoobynet service, I call the motion carried ;)

J4CKO 26 September 2009 11:36 PM

If you like it, buy it, if you dont look for another, I get really bored of Silver german cars with black leather, ok, its a nice combination but so conservative and predictable, as long as it isnt baby poo beige you are onto a winner.

SimonD 27 September 2009 08:00 AM

Black with dark red
Silver with dark red
Black with baby poo (has to be darkish baby poo though :))
.....all winning combinations IMHO.

I would seek out Black with red. Black with black is a poor choice as is silver with light grey...........Mercedes have a lot to answer for there!

Trout 27 September 2009 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8964781)
If you like it, buy it, if you dont look for another, I get really bored of Silver german cars with black leather, ok, its a nice combination but so conservative and predictable, as long as it isnt baby poo beige you are onto a winner.

Oi, mine is beige!!!*

* Although mine is an old man 530d so beige sells well in this sector. At least the outside is metallic black :)

fatscoobfella1 27 September 2009 09:15 AM

Think the red leather is called Oxblood..

Its very nice and it works very well with a black car..

Also the Saffron and caramel leather combo is great with the black bodywork.

beef-on-the-bone 27 September 2009 02:10 PM

love black with red!! :)

john banks 27 September 2009 02:59 PM

Love red leather in BMWs. Had one, nearly bought another. Actively sought them over the usual black leather, much more interesting, especially in a coupe.

zip106 27 September 2009 03:01 PM

Another vote for red.
Looks even better with dark grey exterior.

J4CKO 27 September 2009 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 8964958)
Oi, mine is beige!!!*

* Although mine is an old man 530d so beige sells well in this sector. At least the outside is metallic black :)

Beige can work, mine is very light with grey, its just sometime you see a BMW or similar for sale and it looks reasonable and you see the interior and wonder what they were thinking when they ticked the box.

I had a Rover BRM and quite liked the red interior.

fatscoobfella1 27 September 2009 09:18 PM

^^^^^^

Red in a green car ?????????

UUUURRGHHHHH.:(

zip106 27 September 2009 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 8964958)
Oi, mine is beige!!!*

Yours would be fine, though.
It goes really well with your taupe Farah slacks and brown cardi with last weeks dried egg yolk spilt down the front.

;)

Jamescsti 28 September 2009 09:03 AM

I would definately go for red leather over grey, I would prob prefer black to red as well, but I still think red is very cool and wouldnt put me off at all

hodgy0_2 28 September 2009 09:43 AM

I am amazed so many votes for Red -- although I admit the overall colour combo is very important and Black with Red is much much better than Red with Red

but still on balance I would go for black although on a BM i quite like that sort of lightish brown "turdish" colour

ALi-B 28 September 2009 11:12 AM

I would so love dark red leather. (don't like the day-glo red in Z4s though - bit too bright)

Our E39 is black and has Magnolia leather....soooo much more brighter and pleasant inside than the drab boring black, even if its a b*tch to keep clean/scuff free.

In a world where almost every BM is silver or black. I really have to question why so many people order their new BM in silver with black/grey trim...booooring :sleep:

Matteeboy 28 September 2009 11:16 AM

Turd brown (Terra) dakota leather in my sapphire black E91 Touring.

Very biased but it looks superb. Seems to be staying clean even with a one year old often in the car.

Dark red is good. Coral red isn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...m/P1000486.jpg

It's less red than it looks in the photo though.

Pete - go for it then head to Evolve for a remap.

FlightMan 28 September 2009 11:26 AM

Popped back in from PH have you Mattee? ;)

RS Grant 28 September 2009 11:47 AM

Just traded the E46 Cabrio in Carbon Black with Deep Red Leather in for a E92 Coupe in Alpine White with Coral Red Leather... so I think Red Leather is fine. :thumb:

Cheers,
Grant

Matteeboy 28 September 2009 11:50 AM

Grant - in a white E92 it is fine - in fact very nice. But not in any other car!

Congrats on the purchase - what engine did you go for?

Simon K 28 September 2009 11:54 AM

Bright red is awful, but blood red, not sure of its offical name, is lovely. However, I do wish people would choose other exterior colours apart from black.

It seem most BMW's are now either black, or dark grey. 1 series are a point of reference, nearly all are either black / grey and now, white.

Is it true that Estril blue isnt an option, even individual option, nowadays ??

SBK

Matteeboy 28 September 2009 12:09 PM

My first choice was graphite metallic but black was second. Common but get it nicely clean and polish it a bit and for at least 56 seconds, it looks brilliant.

By the 57th second it'll have either dust or splodes of rain and muck all over it.

White is getting very popular. Not my thing but a white coupe on black/dark grey 19" rims does look the nuts.

ALi-B 28 September 2009 12:14 PM

Carbon black is the best BMW colour ever concieved (not to be confused with jet black)

Blue, purple or black depending on how the sun hits it :cool:

...or how clean it is, in which case if its dirty and in dire need of a polish it just looks plain black. :(

Matteeboy 28 September 2009 12:21 PM

Mine's sapphire (metallic) black - get it clean and shiny and it has amazing depth and a slight sparkle. For 56 seconds...

Not seen carbon black - M3 only or something?