ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Anyone on o2 broadband? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/791407-anyone-on-o2-broadband.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 24 September 2009 10:47 AM

Anyone on o2 broadband?

If so how good are they?

I am on BeThere but as an O2 customer I can have broadband for £7.50 or whatever it is instead of the £17.50 I pay Be plus to transfer I don't need . It seems the only difference to me is I wouldn't get a static ip. I only get 6mb connection anyway so that fact the O2 service at that price is only upto 8mb doesn't matter to me.

Is there any traffic shaping or restrictions on O2?

WRXewl 24 September 2009 11:06 AM

Ive been with them since O2 broadband was available on my exchange a long while ago. Perfectly happy with it and the only problem have had was with the Thomson speedtouch router they supplied started to overheat and kept rebooting but this only happened at least a year into using it, im using a different router now just because i can get to all the configuration easier.

As far as i know there is no traffic shaping no.

ScatRat 24 September 2009 11:10 AM

i did have it few days,
cancelled and gave it back , for my area was terrible

Bravo2zero_sps 24 September 2009 11:33 AM

Oh and forgot to mention this if for their LLU service not their standard broadband.

555-Shaggy 24 September 2009 01:25 PM

I'm on O2, have been for 18 months now. I think the LLU version can't remember. There is no traffic shaping or download limits that I've found and customer services are top notch from when I've had to speak to them. O2 bought BE and use there infrastructure so you should notice no difference whatsoever - except in the pocket :D:D:D

slipstream_uk 24 September 2009 01:45 PM

Ive been with them for 3 months now, so far Im very happy with them.

On the plus side I gained another 0.5 mb from them.
On the downside Im paying £22 a month for their service for up to a 8mb service.

There is no point for me to goto their O2 mobile service as it completely cr@p reception here in the Highlands, so no saving there and my local exchange is not due for an upgrade until 2012

My father moved over last month from AOL to O2 and also he is verry happy with the service.
He jumped from 1.5mb with AOL to 4mb with O2.

suba 24 September 2009 02:04 PM

me with be too and was thinking about o2 as they are cheaper. i email be stating o2 is cheaper and be price matched it. after all, it is the same company, sort of...

been happy with be for years now. me on their LLU.

Bravo2zero_sps 24 September 2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by suba (Post 8959896)
me with be too and was thinking about o2 as they are cheaper. i email be stating o2 is cheaper and be price matched it. after all, it is the same company, sort of...

been happy with be for years now. me on their LLU.

So you just emailed Be and told them and they did a price match? If I can do that I will to avoid any down time swapping services.

ChefDude 24 September 2009 03:28 PM

i've been on O2 Broadband pro (20mb) since december.

I actually get 12Mbit from all the speed test sites.

I've had one evening where the response was dog slow and that's been the only slow down. the service hasn't been down at all for me.

i'm in central london, btw.

suba 25 September 2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8959932)
So you just emailed Be and told them and they did a price match? If I can do that I will to avoid any down time swapping services.

yeah!

i mean, you get some freebie from o2 like antivirus and sms, but i can do without them, so i stick with be but with o2 price. :)

Bravo2zero_sps 25 September 2009 04:22 PM

I raised a ticket and they replied saying they could drop it to £12 for me. However I only need the upto 8mb service and no static ip so will email back saying what it will be if I go to o2.

Bravo2zero_sps 25 September 2009 09:13 PM

Well they came back and offered 2 free months and £10 a month. I've requested my MAC code as the o2 deal is better.