ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Scooby Days are Numbered (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/790825-scooby-days-are-numbered.html)

Azz230988 21 September 2009 03:14 PM

Scooby Days are Numbered

Just found out i'm having baby :D which i am over the moon about, however it means that when this insurance policy finishes in April next year then the scooby will have to go!! :cry:
Any ideas on a more economical but fun car to drive that i can get a pram in the back of? :lol1:

yoza 21 September 2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8953878)
Just found out i'm having baby :D which i am over the moon about, however it means that when this insurance policy finishes in April next year then the scooby will have to go!! :cry:
Any ideas on a more economical but fun car to drive that i can get a pram in the back of? :lol1:

Buy whatever car you want, you dont need to worry....the last guy to have a baby made a fortune.

Just sell your story to Hello mag and others, and your set for life.

Congrats by the way.... ;)

my06 ppp silver 21 September 2009 07:33 PM

i know of a few decent cars economy wise (missus has to have one for company), what sort of size are you looking at? you are just having the 1 for now(child)? what sort of price range/ repayments monthly are you looking at? ps were gonna miss you bud, i take it yours will have a "for sale" sign in the window next time i see you. lee

davoid 22 September 2009 02:42 PM

estate

I've got a 3 year old and a 10 month old and and MY97 JDM sportwagon. never had a problem, except that occasionally 240bhp doesn't seem quite enough.

next car will be MY01 sti sportwagon. I hope.

davoid

davoid 22 September 2009 02:45 PM

legacy twin turbo

scoobyverysoon 22 September 2009 09:22 PM

Why do you have to sell our baby is 16 days old - remember its a 4 door family saloon after all :D

s70rjw 22 September 2009 09:51 PM

My kids are 6 8 and 9 we all fit in an Impreza, they have done since they were all babies. No probs with pushchairs etc.

Congratulations and start stocking up on sleep.....

zs_phil 22 September 2009 10:09 PM

thats why i bought the impreza ,baby was just born and needed a bigger car so we bought that ive just moved back to a 3 door ford :norty: as she is now 2 and climbs in and out her seat herself i just have to fasten it :thumb:
impreza's have fantastic boot space as you already know

scooby_muzz 25 September 2009 08:49 AM

congrats mate and hope you find a new car to suit your needs, at least yu got a few months of enjoyment left yet,

as said by previous guys you could still keep the scoob, my little girl is 6 and loves the car as much as us lol

Azz230988 25 September 2009 06:03 PM

i would keep the scooby but as i'm only 21 the insurance is an absolute killer!! i will try my best to keep it but if i can't get a decent qoute then it looks like i'm downgrading to a lexus IS200, at least then i wont get moaned at for having lexus lights!! haha

Roger.m. 25 September 2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8962370)
i would keep the scooby but as i'm only 21 the insurance is an absolute killer!! i will try my best to keep it but if i can't get a decent qoute then it looks like i'm downgrading to a lexus IS200, at least then i wont get moaned at for having lexus lights!! haha

if them big woofers fit in your boot im sure a trolley will :D are you still doin the two runs in october ?

Roger.m. 25 September 2009 07:12 PM

i know what you mean about insurance your postcode like mine doesnt help mate. we will miss you on the monthly runs mate good luck.

51st state 25 September 2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8953878)

get a bmw :thumb:
reliable, economical, trackday not a problem, cheap parts and servicing , as the meerkats say , "simples"

Big Pete 25 September 2009 09:36 PM

We met you on the July Tunnel Run and Frankie thought your boot full of speakers was just top :notworthy

Congrats wi the baby. It's a breeze when they come along ;)

Midnight Runner 26 September 2009 03:38 PM

Congrats on the baby mate :luxhello: our first is due in December & I have been deliberating for a while whether to grow up and buy a Vectra estate lol, but I can't bring myself to do it! Decent sized boot on the scooby, four door practicality, solid safe car, and has isofix for the child seats. Happy days! :D

Azz230988 28 September 2009 03:11 PM

Just did a bit of a rough qoute to see what prices i would be looking at when it comes to renewal time next year by fudging the dates a bit and it comes back with a price HALF of what i'm paying now so hopefully with a bit of shopping around i may be able to keep the scooby afterall!!

I will do anything to keep this car, nothing else compares anymore!! Plus they are actually quite a family friendly car with the four doors and big boots, just means the twin sub will have to come out, to the dissappointment of many! ha-ha

my06 ppp silver 28 September 2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8967246)
Just did a bit of a rough qoute to see what prices i would be looking at when it comes to renewal time next year by fudging the dates a bit and it comes back with a price HALF of what i'm paying now so hopefully with a bit of shopping around i may be able to keep the scooby afterall!!

I will do anything to keep this car, nothing else compares anymore!! Plus they are actually quite a family friendly car with the four doors and big boots, just means the twin sub will have to come out, to the dissappointment of many! ha-ha

:wonder: except the neighbours!!:lol1: ps. A plan for me bud, best by a long way:thumb:

Scooby Jo 12 October 2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 51st state (Post 8962928)
get a bmw :thumb:
reliable, economical, trackday not a problem, cheap parts and servicing , as the meerkats say , "simples"

Dont get a beemer, had 2 before I got into scoobies - any none routinely replaced parts are pricey and their re-sale value goes thru the floor - hope you find a cheap insurance quote - got 3 kids myself and the scooby is the "family" car :nono:

D4VEW557 12 October 2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8962370)

get your priorities right man.

sort the car first then worry about other things like buying nappies and so on

dunx 13 October 2009 09:48 PM

Build a pair of rear floor mounted enclosures...

Congratulations !

dunx