ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Congratulations Andy Forrest and Steven Darley (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/790681-congratulations-andy-forrest-and-steven-darley.html)

Trout 20 September 2009 05:41 PM

Congratulations Andy Forrest and Steven Darley

Massive congratulations to Andy Forrest - after three years of working on it he finally got an 8 second run - 8.87s in a manual car.

He continues to set new standards in a manual Subaru.

Also huge congratulations to Steven Darley in the Lateral Car (the old Trout mobile) who got a 9 second run with 9.67s and possibly the fastest sprint of the day as well which was unfortunately not counted as the car did not stop in the finish box!

Well done to all at AFP and Lateral Performance

beef-on-the-bone 20 September 2009 05:49 PM

pretty rapid!!!!!!

well done boys :)

B0DSKI 20 September 2009 05:51 PM

Nice work!!

SkullFudge 20 September 2009 06:07 PM

Huge effort from Andy and well done Steve !!

Dan Ingram 20 September 2009 06:12 PM

Well done to both of them. The 8.87 sec run was absolutely awesome to watch!!

DaveBeck 20 September 2009 06:14 PM

filmed?

mickywrx 20 September 2009 06:23 PM

Was an awesome day.

Andy's 8.87 was class to watch. :cool:

Very well done to Steven too, although to be fair he did have a little help. ;)

BIG FUD 20 September 2009 06:25 PM

Well done guys i also got a PB with my type r 5th in modified class and 13th out of 46 drivers ive just got in and im buzzing still..

mickywrx 20 September 2009 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice to briefly meet you today, Mark. Congrats on the PB.

Steven's help;

Attachment 65643

BIG FUD 20 September 2009 06:58 PM

(QUOTE) Nice to briefly meet you today, Mark. Congrats on the PB

Many thanks good to meet you was a smashing day ..

stealthy55 20 September 2009 07:16 PM

well done to all parties, unfortunately i left early and missed the 8, but i did see laterals 9:thumb: great weather. great day and great results:)

Slowboy Racing 20 September 2009 07:21 PM

Very well done guys :thumb:

Ste RB5138 20 September 2009 07:22 PM

Amazing time, well done!

There cant be many quicker manual Impreza's in the world???

BoozyDave 20 September 2009 07:27 PM

a few vid's i took. andy car is awsome :thumb:

YouTube - scooby drag race 1

YouTube - scooby drag race 2

YouTube - scooby drag race andy forrest 9 sec 160mph

YouTube - scooby drag race andy forrest 160mph 9 sec

YouTube - scooby drag race 3

YouTube - scooby drag race 4

YouTube - scooby drag race 5

YouTube - scooby drag race 6

YouTube - scooby drag race 7

Lisawrx 20 September 2009 07:32 PM

Well done all. :thumb:

Was a great day out, and nice to put some faces to names. :)

G-Man1982 20 September 2009 07:38 PM

thats insane!! well done people!

dunx 20 September 2009 07:38 PM

Was an awesome run, they all looked "quick" but that one launch was awesome....

Congratulations to both teams.

dunx

stevebt 20 September 2009 08:02 PM

It was good everyone got the times they were hoping to get :) Well done to Madhammer as well as he finally made it into the 10's with a 10.5 run and consistently running 10's every other time D

Trout 20 September 2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 8952532)
Was an awesome run, they all looked "quick" but that one launch was awesome....

Congratulations to both teams.

dunx

It was the most phenomenal start I think I have ever seen. Brilliant.

wrighty338 20 September 2009 08:15 PM

Well done guys

flat4 20 September 2009 08:36 PM

Massive congratulations to the both of you, been a long time coming!! :D

johnfelstead 20 September 2009 08:46 PM

Superb times, great to see Andy finally get it into the 8's

Floyd 20 September 2009 10:01 PM

Well done - amazing!

dazdavies 20 September 2009 11:51 PM

Just got in from this. Awesome day, fantastic results Andy's run was just superb and the Lateral 9.6 was without nitrous.

Only dampener of the day appeared to be Lateral's discounted run for not stopping in the box yet when SDB did the exact same thing his time stood. It left a bitter taste as it was an incredibly quick run according to the data logs.

Would just like to say a personal thanks to Andy and Mark for shouting us all a curry afterwards, top weekend.

Fai17 21 September 2009 12:06 AM

Welldone to all including Madhammer

GC8 21 September 2009 03:39 AM

8.87 Seconds? Thats blisteringly quick!

cbscooby 21 September 2009 07:17 AM

does anyone no wat happened to andy's car when it broke

ex-webby 21 September 2009 08:19 AM

Massive congratulations to Andy for the awesome record. We're all made up for you.

Only dampener of the day appeared to be Lateral's discounted run for not stopping in the box yet when SDB did the exact same thing his time stood. It left a bitter taste as it was an incredibly quick run according to the data logs.
LOL. There's always a conspiracy theory :D

Daz. Don't worry, the time was still at least a second off the pace, even when not slowing down at the flying finish in accordance with the rules, in order to be able to stop in the stop box. So it would have therefore been even slower - and that's against full road cars, such as Shaun's, so I don't think it could have been that quick, considering that's an out and out race car. Although I can understand the frustration, as this was still the best time the car did on the day as I understand it.

I didn't however do "exactly the same thing". The Lateral car, didn't even make the turn at the end of the stop box, and went right out side the cones and then back in. I didn't do that once, and - as the rules require, and as almost the entire field correctly managed - I slowed to a walking pace, and trickled around the corner at the end of the stop box.

Everyone had a fantastic day on the Scooby Sprint Final yesterday, finishing a superb season, so it would be a shame it if was spoilt by just one team's bitterness / sore losing. Rules are just rules. But lets get the FACTS straight before throwing mud around. The lateral car, was slower, and didn't manage to stay within the stop box. This means even if they had been allowed to cheat, and kept their time, they still wouldn't have done any better (as was further demonstrated by being 1.4 seconds off the pace on the showdown), but if he had backed off enough to be able to make the stop box, he would have been even slower.

I on the other hand, made mcuh faster times, in Shaun's shopping car, which I've driven once before, with full interior, road tyres, less power, and a lot more weight.. AND I backed off enough to be able to stop in the stop box.

I hope this clear this up, and that those who are obviously disappointed with their performance won't embarass themselves by continueing to bitch about it, like they did on the day to the poor timing marshalls who were just doing their jobs.

It would be nice if everything else regarding the event can be non-political. We've enjoyed a fantastic season this year, with great people, have FUN, and respecting each other. I hope this can now continue.

ex-webby 21 September 2009 08:28 AM

PS.
YouTube - Andy Forrest Scoobylive 2009 8.87sec

That launch looks outrageous!!!! :D

lunar tick 21 September 2009 08:32 AM

Great day and congrats to all. A special mention for Tim Bedford who got into the 43s with nothing more than a remapped 06WRX running 300bhp and a trick diff. Showed some of the big power cars the way... ;)