ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   woke up to find this!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/790247-woke-up-to-find-this.html)

delcbr 17 September 2009 11:35 PM

woke up to find this!!!!

pinched from mlr forum

totally destroyed!!!!!!! - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Originally Posted by owner
here goes the car was purchased from merryhill motors as u are all familiar with anyway whilst having the car 2 weeks noticed noises from the rear had it booked into rallyart in stourbridge at the garages request to see what the problem was they test drove the car had it on the ramp and confirmed ayc system had brake fluid in it instead of the correct fluid and actuaterhad failed also so they put a quote in for 600 to merryhill motors which he then refused to pay said he would sort the car out himself which he did no noises and all was fine for 8weeks but simon at rallyart said if he didnt flush it properly then problem would accure again

the garage merryhill motors (mh) then said rite we have repaired the car fitted partworn actuator and all is well dont bring car to us again so upon this i left

as i say 8weeks later problem is back so contacted him he didnt want to know but car had 2grand finance on it so got intouch with them they then sent there guy to(MH) he still refused to have anything todo with the car so finance company said fine we will repair car and bill u car was then sent back to rallyart where upon they discovered rear dif was knackered and wrote letter to finance people telling them so with a bill of upwards of 5k he was sent same letter at(mh) and said again he would not pay so finance company said fine we will do it and sue u for damages car was due to be picked up this week wednesday and wake up this morning to burning inferno and firebrigade confirmed arson

ALi-B 17 September 2009 11:49 PM

I know the garage he bought it from; bit of a mini KTC

I often get the pleasure to look through the gates whilst stuck at the traffic lights; always full of sorry looking grey import tat.

JDM_Stig 18 September 2009 08:39 AM

Hope they have told the full story to the police

Simon K 18 September 2009 08:57 AM

Comes down to proof at the end of the day. Yep, more than likely the garage, as they were possibly up for £5K worth of repairs, but can this be proved ??

I feel sorry for him and his poor old neighbour, who's car was next to his when it got torched.

SBK

geesta 18 September 2009 09:05 AM

Why would anybody buy a car from those rob dogs? :nono:

Fantom 18 September 2009 01:27 PM

Had trouble reading it due to the lack of punctuation but what a nightmare for the poor guy. However, if it's insured, apart from losing NCD doesn't it fix his problem and allow him to buy another one from a proper company?

falkster 18 September 2009 02:02 PM

Thats not good!!!

I hope insurance don't find any reason not to pay out....if they think for a second the car needed money spending on it they might put 2+2 together and come up with 637.

GlesgaKiss 18 September 2009 02:20 PM

Unbelievable. Poor guy. I hate businesses that operate like this...I've had a similar experience.

falkster 18 September 2009 02:29 PM

Reading the full thread on MLR its just gutting for the guy.

I know its all alledged but there must be a way to lawfully cause them some pain.....any potential buyers might be told about alledged involvment in the incident.

what would scooby do 18 September 2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by falkster (Post 8949050)
I know its all alledged but there must be a way to lawfully cause them some pain.....any potential buyers might be told about alledged involvment in the incident.

How about an internet campaign were everyone rings them up and asks if they have any evo's for sale with faults that they ignore and then choose to torch the car rather than fix :lol1:

falkster 18 September 2009 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 8949220)
How about an internet campaign were everyone rings them up and asks if they have any evo's for sale with faults that they ignore and then choose to torch the car rather than fix :lol1:

Well it does appear their website is no longer active.....just an email address!!!

what would scooby do 18 September 2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by falkster (Post 8949252)
Well it does appear their website is no longer active.....just an email address!!!

Merry Hill Auto Centre

?

beef-on-the-bone 18 September 2009 07:48 PM

rogue traders anyone?????

they never seem to touch the car trade...........