ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   RIP Keith Floyd (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/789702-rip-keith-floyd.html)

classic scooby 15 September 2009 10:10 AM

RIP Keith Floyd

I'm a chef and grew up watchin keith floyd,i loved his style of cooking(and the glass of wine he always had in his hand:lol1:)

very sad news

RIP Keith

Nick.

Leslie 15 September 2009 10:16 AM

I'm sorry he has gone too-he was a real character alright. You could not watch him without a smile on your face.

les

sti-04!! 15 September 2009 10:17 AM

Jeezo, i watched Keith Allen doing a doc with him in france last night & i was thinking to myself that he didnt look well at all.

JDM_Stig 15 September 2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 8942457)
Jeezo, i watched Keith Allen doing a doc with him in france last night & i was thinking to myself that he didnt look well at all.

I did the same, I was surprised how young he was after watching that last night,
But as Les said he did always make you want to smile with the blunt way he got on with it.

bigsinky 15 September 2009 10:22 AM

holy crapola:eek: dropping like flies here. Great cook. RIP

TopBanana 15 September 2009 10:37 AM

:(

SJ_Skyline 15 September 2009 10:39 AM

Fond memories of watching his programmes, I'm sure he would have appreciated how the BBC described his "Wine-fuelled flamboyance" :thumb:

tanyatriangles 15 September 2009 10:46 AM

I enjoyed his programs too, especially when he went abroad for them.
RIP Keith.

TopBanana 15 September 2009 10:50 AM

Keith Meets Keith - 4oD - Channel 4

David Lock 15 September 2009 11:18 AM

Sorry to hear this. He was my type of cook especially with the glass of claret by his side ;)

Years ago we had lunch in his Cornwall pub. Nothing pretentious just good pub food. And there he was propping up the bar, claret and fags to hand :thumb: dl

Coffin Dodger 15 September 2009 11:20 AM

He lived the dream (of an alcy :D) :cry:

j4ckos mate 15 September 2009 12:17 PM

funny how he was a alcoholic when alive and legend now hes dead.:cuckoo:

i bet his family could put a different light on things,

dpb 15 September 2009 12:18 PM

Shame - more natural than the other guys :(

Wouldnt normally bother watching telly chefs - perhaps those two gordies being the other exception

SwissTony 15 September 2009 12:44 PM

A real shame. Grew up with him on the telly and him and my mum gave me my love of cooking...as both of them like a drink when cooking :D

Was watching the keith allen program last night and yes he didnt look too well but never for a second thought that as I am watching him now, somewhere else the poor man is dying !!

TV chefs have a lot to thank him for and we have lost a true personality

sarasquares 15 September 2009 12:46 PM

Did he do the Galloping Gourmet series at all?

windyboy 15 September 2009 01:50 PM

it's a sad day indeed, Patrick "Roadhouse" Sweazy is gone now too, the big C !!!!

markr1963 15 September 2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8942702)
Did he do the Galloping Gourmet series at all?

Galloping Gourmet was Graham Kerr, IIRC

hodgy0_2 15 September 2009 02:06 PM

RIP

cheers

http://www.katiesingleton.com/wp-con...ges/cheers.JPG

Markus 15 September 2009 02:34 PM

Didn't Floyd on Food use "Peaches" by The Stranglers as it's title music?

I do recall watching FOF and he was certainly a character.

dpb 15 September 2009 03:01 PM

Stranglers track for sure

Account deleted by request 15 September 2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8942633)
funny how he was a alcoholic when alive and legend now hes dead.:cuckoo:

i bet his family could put a different light on things,

Very interesting point. Before I go on I should say RIP keith floyd :-(

Some people are just born to drink. Someone close to me (not family) is a heavy drinker, I have seen him hurt people and his drinking doesnt always go down well with loved ones.

However, that is him. He is an alcoholic but also a hugely witty/funny/entertaining man and he excepts he is a drinker and probably wont live past his mid sixties (59 now). His life and some amazing events have been based around drink and although he knows that will ultimately be his downfall the 40 years has been worth not having another 15/20.

Not sure how I feel about drinkers as Keith Floyd was, all I can say is he led an incredible life and we are all different. Happiness is a different thing for everyone.

RIP

Chop :-(

cookie sti 15 September 2009 07:22 PM

i wouldnt mind but i saw a bit of him with keith allen last night and i said to the wife it dont look like hes got long left. Im now gonna keep my opinions to myself

gpssti4 16 September 2009 08:49 AM

Was a great chef, I used to enjoy his enthusiasm and the way HE directed the program. RIP Keith

ScoobyNudge 16 September 2009 08:52 AM

yea quality chef doing things that other chefs never do!

rest in peace keith