ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   DVLA Have lost me a lovely car (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/78945-dvla-have-lost-me-a-lovely-car.html)

polarbearit 12 March 2002 07:16 PM

Thanks to the DVLA requesting an inspection on the car I was due to buy and then announcing that associated paperwork would take 3-6 weeks to come through. The owner has decided not to bother transfering the reg plate off the car and selling the car for £X,000 more to someone else with the plate [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

This is very frustrating as the car was advestised without the plate or with the plate. Only the DVLA's p!ssing around has cost me the car...

Anyway mail me if you have a nice tuned Skyline R33 GTR, I need to find one quickly (as my scooby is sold)...

- Jon

MattN 12 March 2002 07:34 PM

Jon,

are you sure about this?

One of my scoobs needed to be inspected, took it to the local DVLA office and they looked around it, got it reistered in a matter of days.

Matt.

ptholt 12 March 2002 07:40 PM

buy spudguns then :)

its well modded and drives superbly.

polarbearit 12 March 2002 07:40 PM

Yep, 100% sure, have spoken to the DVLA and they have confirmed what the owner told me. Very frustrating :(

Katana 12 March 2002 07:43 PM

DVLA made me lose a good insurance policy. But their words are law and cannot be contested. Thanks to them I'm paying 400 quid more.

Spudgun GTR 12 March 2002 08:12 PM

sh1tty nora! why is he selling to someone else ffs!!??
i recieved the paperwork today for arguably the best gtr plate in the country today:D aint put it on yet, not had chance, but when i do, da laydeez will know da pimp is in town...selecta!!:D

seriously jon, is the deal dead?:(

polarbearit 12 March 2002 09:32 PM

The deal is dead, he hasn't cashed my cheque for deposit and is going to sell the car with plate to someone else... He wants the cash now and not in 3-6weeks [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] If I want to buy it I'd have to stump up £2k for the reg plate which I don't want + more for the car to match this other offer... Which is sh!te given that we agreed a price and I placed a deposit having travelled a 250 mile round journey :eek:

Very frustrating as I need a car and have sold mine and the new owner is very keen to collect.

Spudgun GTR 12 March 2002 10:08 PM

when you sell something, its a question of honour really. if you agree a sale and price, you stick to it. tough t1ts if someone comes along with a better offer. once you agree on a sale, its wrong to do what he's done[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
the plate he had was crap anyway, you did right not to buy it(the plate that is). unfortunately there arent many skylines like that around at the moment (if ever) and everyone seems to want one at the minute. you only have to look at topmarques or the for sale section on the gtr board, skylines dont hang around long. thats why ive been hesitant letting mine go again, i'm struggling to think of a new challenge that would out do mine.dunno what to suggest, email offline if ya wanna natter;)

polarbearit 12 March 2002 10:47 PM

Leigh,

YHM :)

MattN 12 March 2002 11:40 PM

Jon,

My offer still stands if your interested.

Matt.