ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   UFO sighting last night! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/789174-ufo-sighting-last-night.html)

TonyBurns 12 September 2009 01:52 PM

UFO sighting last night!

Well several of us were at a house in Dukinfield Gtr Manchester last night and we saw some orange balls of fire (the best way to describe them) coming from over the hills, now it was only my 2nd can so hey, I wasnt drunk ;) but these were motoring at some rate, we are talking atleast 1k mph if not faster, no sound and above the clouds (circa 20k feet high).
First group was 1, followed by 2 followed by 2 followed by 3 followed by 5, over a 40-50 min period.
Definately not jet fighters by the looks, they would be in formation, rather weird but having a look around the net shows that there have been several sightings of these over the last few months in this area :eek:

Salford, Greater Manchester-7th August 2009 | UK UFO Sightings

Interesting :lol1:

Tony:)

glowboy 12 September 2009 02:14 PM

UFO sighting last night!

i seen the same orange lights last night about 11 ish

yoza 12 September 2009 02:15 PM

Chinese lanterns....seem to be all the rage just now.

Sonic' 12 September 2009 08:09 PM

even more so after reading threads like this :lol1:

gallois 12 September 2009 08:20 PM

seen similar thing in pembrokshire over the sea, constant orange light, 5 of them appeared to fly upwards and then go in different directions then fade away, seen them again from the gower coastline, i assumed there was an airfiled or something in north devon.

fatscoobfella1 12 September 2009 08:32 PM

In Dukinfield that could be anything..!!!!!!! Everything is strange there

And you would be in Cheshire,not Gtr Manchester.;)

jods 12 September 2009 10:10 PM

Dukinfield is near Hyde innit - that isn't "Really" Cheshire You need to go a bit further southwest. A line south of Bramhall would count in my book.

XRS 13 September 2009 10:53 AM

Saw a Chinese lantern floating by last night. Got quite excited until I realised what it was :)

Mal K 13 September 2009 06:38 PM

Was at Old Trafford watching Coldplay, saw a few of these.

what would scooby do 13 September 2009 07:39 PM

I blame Derren Brown - it's majick I tell the

:lol1:

fatscoobfella1 13 September 2009 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 8938012)
Dukinfield is near Hyde innit - that isn't "Really" Cheshire You need to go a bit further southwest. A line south of Bramhall would count in my book.

Dukinfield is next to Hyde really,just Newton inbetween..

But it really is in Cheshire,i work in Stalybridge and thats in Cheshire too..Postcode and everything.Makes you sound posh,when really its a backwater ****ehole..

Gordo 13 September 2009 09:12 PM

i think you're all right - pre wiki:

Hyde is a town in the Metropolitan Borough of Tameside, Greater Manchester, England.[1] As of the 2001 census, the town had a population of 31,253.[2] Historically part of Cheshire, it is 5 miles (8.0 km) northwest of Stockport, 6.3 miles (10.1 km) west of Glossop and 7.8 miles (12.6 km) east of Manchester.

and it is a sh1thole.

fatscoobfella1 13 September 2009 09:19 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

Yea..

But what does Wikilier say about Dukinfield.. ?

Leslie 14 September 2009 11:36 AM

I have seen strange things in the sky while at work and also some which have been easily explained away.

I did know some air traffic blokes who saw some cigar shaped craft in daylight flying around very fast with 90 degree direction changes. The radar clocked them at 1300 mph! I did not disbelieve them since I knew them well.

Les

The Zohan 14 September 2009 11:48 AM

You all bin at dem disko bisgits again;)

Leslie 14 September 2009 01:18 PM

Chance would be a fine thing!

Les :D

Glowplug 14 September 2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 8937207)
Well several of us were at a house in Dukinfield Gtr Manchester last night and we saw some orange balls of fire (the best way to describe them) coming from over the hills, now it was only my 2nd can so hey, I wasnt drunk ;) but these were motoring at some rate, we are talking atleast 1k mph if not faster, no sound and above the clouds (circa 20k feet high).
First group was 1, followed by 2 followed by 2 followed by 3 followed by 5, over a 40-50 min period.
Definately not jet fighters by the looks, they would be in formation, rather weird but having a look around the net shows that there have been several sightings of these over the last few months in this area :eek:

Saw pretty much the same thing back in July over Skegness area, only there was 4 of them, too large and moving way too fast to be jets, stop start.

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8940240)
You all bin at dem disko bisgits again;)

Them days are long gone, mores the pity!

Petem95 14 September 2009 09:34 PM

I thought the source of these sightings had been traced to a contaminated batch of crack? ;)

Gordo 14 September 2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 8939460)
^^^^^^^^^^

Yea..

But what does Wikilier say about Dukinfield.. ?

Dukinfield is a small town within the Metropolitan Borough of Tameside, in Greater Manchester, England.[1][2] It lies in central Tameside on the south bank of the River Tame, opposite Ashton-under-Lyne, and is 6.3 miles (10.1 km) east of the city of Manchester. At the time of the 2001 census it had a population of 18,885.[3]

Historically a part of Cheshire, the town is a product of the Industrial Revolution when its development was accelerated by the growth of coal mining and the cotton industry.

(you could have looked yourself, but I'm feeling nice - Dukinfield isn't quite as much of a sh1thole as Hyde, but it's still a hole full of sh1t).

Gordo

fatscoobfella1 14 September 2009 10:46 PM

Ah....

But Hyde does have a nice part to it..Gee cross has some very nice property.

Whereas Dukinfield is just one level really,just your a better class of scum if you live up the hill near the golf club!!

TonyBurns 14 September 2009 11:15 PM

Its all been classed as Greater Manchester County since about 1972 ;)
Hyde/Stalybridge & Dukinfield use to be a part of cheshire and even retain the SK postcode, Denton/Audenshaw/A-U-L were Lancs, Glossop was Derbyshire etc, but its been some time since they have been officially anything but GMC ;)

Still, these were above the cloud level and moving quicker than the passenger jets doing circa 400mph at a much lower altitude ;)

fatscoobfella1 15 September 2009 07:48 AM

Only winding you up Tony...

Although Glossop definately has nothing to do with GMC...

These lights then...Meteor shower ? or was they in organised groupings ?

cossie-nutter 15 September 2009 07:53 AM

Now I don't believe in this stuff BUT I have to say i was at a "Private" Race night and 4 weeks ago and Semi big balls of orange fire balls passed over in 1 long line Newmarket Cambs moving at about 15 mph and was about 50 odd when we finished counting. There was over 300 people there who were all glued on this as there was no noise and was really freaky!

billcoldplay 24 September 2009 01:01 AM

OMG i saw this! i was at the coldplay concert, I have a picture of the UFO on my iPhone!!!!