ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Specs cameras (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/788330-specs-cameras.html)

scrappydoo 07 September 2009 10:49 PM

Specs cameras

Cannon Fodder 07 September 2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by scrappydoo (Post 8928054)
Just been told that there are specs cameras on the M4 between the orange tunnels and the seven bridge. Is this true?

There are average speed camera (they are painted yellow) now in place between the Brynglas Tunnels and just before / after the Coldra intercharge junction both east and west bound directions. :thumb:

scrappydoo 07 September 2009 11:01 PM

ozzreid1964 07 September 2009 11:02 PM

seen these today kept to speed limit:eek:loads of other cars overtaking just let them fly bye:lol1:

scrappydoo 07 September 2009 11:04 PM

ozzreid1964 07 September 2009 11:13 PM

been told by a friend that they are working apparently a friend of his got done in a lorry:mad:

scrappydoo 07 September 2009 11:15 PM

Cannon Fodder 07 September 2009 11:33 PM

TBH that stretch of the M4 is notorious for accidents :eek: in both directions as there have been some really serious accidents there :(.

The road surface is not the best either :cuckoo: and as I drive that stretch in both directions at least 3 times a week I have not really noticed a difference in the speed taken throught that stretch and if anything the traffic is flowing quicker. :)

I think that they (the cameras) are working there and should be left in place until they improve the road surface or finally re-route the M4 around Newport. :thumb:

scrappydoo 08 September 2009 03:15 AM

The Trooper 1815 08 September 2009 08:53 AM

Good points Ty.

If people don't speed they would not need them and will lose revenue and the money generated will not be there to re-surface roads etc.

If people don't insure/tax their cars - we end up paying bigger premiums to cover the cost of uninsured car accidents.

BUT

The number of road deaths drops each year but the number of cameras/restrictions/limits increases.

I wonder why track days are now so popular:wonder:

esp ltd 08 September 2009 09:06 AM

To be fair most of the specs cameras are where there are road repairs being undertaken. I've only stopped once or twice to get out of the car on a motorway when i've had a puncture and it **** me up a bit! If someone hits you at that speed it's nighty night time!

THE DOCTOR 08 September 2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by scrappydoo (Post 8928099)
Are they working then or what i wonder?

Yes they are..my detector goes daft..!!

I said in a similar thread, don't understand why they are only on that small part, if they are there to slow the traffic for the works then why arn't they further down???

Went to Swansea yesterday, everyone slow through the camera's then once on the other side of the tunnels everyone boots it, so a majority cars (in particular the suit on a peg brigade ) are powering through the road works at brake-neck speed, only slowing for the static camera's...

The Trooper 1815 08 September 2009 11:44 AM

It's 50 mph all the way through to, and just past J30 now. Most of the time you can't get above the speed limit due to the ****e traffic!:brickwall