ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   how accurate do you find your prosport boost gauge? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/787862-how-accurate-do-you-find-your-prosport-boost-gauge.html)

w13dle 05 September 2009 05:14 PM

how accurate do you find your prosport boost gauge?

how accurate do you find your prosport boost gauge? ive had mine fitted for a while now was showing just over 16psi peak but recently had it on the rollars & showed 14psi peak & im told the dyno reading is very accurate

gc8-r 05 September 2009 08:46 PM

mines ok reads spot on...
have you got a boost controller on yours as 16 or 14psi sounds a bit high..
and where is your fitted to,might be giving you a false reading
chris

w13dle 05 September 2009 09:12 PM

i was running a chipped ecu which was ment to of been producing 1.1bar/16psi but after going on the rollars i realised from the print outs the ecu was faulty & only peaking at 14psi dropping to 13psi yet my gauge was reading just over 16 so before hitting the rollars i thought nothing of it as the gauge read right, ive taken the feed of the middle nipple on the inlet manifold

Henrik 05 September 2009 09:14 PM

mine reads about 0.1 bar high as well.

Diesel_DC 05 September 2009 09:15 PM

I quite often do a compare of my boost gauge and the reading on the PSi3 and they are always very similar.

Couldn't comment on the oil temp & pressure though

w13dle 05 September 2009 09:25 PM

im running the standard z4 ecu now which should read roughly about 13psi but im seeing 16psi on the gauge which id be bouncing off the fuel cut if that was true, do you guys use the little silver restrictor inline? i might just go back to a good old trust worthy mechanical gauge

gc8-r 06 September 2009 07:36 AM

i am using the mechanical one...
dont trust those sensor driven ones,a few of my mates have had loads of troubles with them.
one dont register any boost and one reads more(like yours).
dont and would never trust them......
get a mechanical one back on it.
chris

Wilky_Boy 06 September 2009 10:10 AM

My Prosport gauge read about 11 PSI on my standard 2004 WRX ( with sports cat downpipe ). I don't have anything to compare it to so not sure how accurate the gauge is !

w13dle 06 September 2009 10:45 AM

that sounds about right for a standardish wrx mate but if you ever get it on the rollars id match them up for peace of mind, to be honest ive not heard any problems with them reading wrong everybody seems to be more than happy with them i must just be a unlucky one, they are nice gauges if mine read right

JohnD 06 September 2009 03:23 PM

It's not unusual to see a slightly higher boost figure on the road compared to the rollers. The max. figure is dependant on load and you may load the engine more on the road than on the rollers eg what gear did the guy use on the R/R run and the load setting on the rollers? I remember my PSI3 meter showing a max of 1.35bar after a R/R run, but I had seen 1.45bar on the road.

JohnD

w13dle 06 September 2009 03:43 PM

yes the rolling road guys did say i might see abit more with load on the road, if i remember correctly they used 3rd & im unsure on the load setting, its definately quite abit out im seeing 16psi now running a z4 ecu

JohnD 06 September 2009 06:41 PM

I'm using mechanical gauges (boost, oil pressure, oil temp.) There's less to go wrong (other than leaks!) My son has Prosport gauges on his EVO IX and has had problems with a sender and the wiring.

JohnD