ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Wooo-hooo, we won..........against SIX men. (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/785973-wooo-hooo-we-won-against-six-men.html)

tanyatriangles 26 August 2009 04:46 PM

Wooo-hooo, we won..........against SIX men.

Last night at Swansea. They had used all three subs, had THREE men sent off, then two more injured.

Apparently the ref insisted one of those injured came back onto the field of play, even though he took no part, so that the game could continue.

We won 2-1...........and it STILL took a PENALTY:D

DaveBeck 26 August 2009 08:21 PM

thats crazy lol. never heard of anything like that

DJ Dunk 26 August 2009 08:27 PM

:lol1:

Little Miss WRX 27 August 2009 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8904407)
Last night at Swansea. They had used all three subs, had THREE men sent off, then two more injured.

Apparently the ref insisted one of those injured came back onto the field of play, even though he took no part, so that the game could continue.

We won 2-1...........and it STILL took a PENALTY:D

The referee has no right whatsoever to insist that. :wonder: :Suspiciou

tanyatriangles 27 August 2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Little Miss WRX (Post 8905571)
The referee has no right whatsoever to insist that. :wonder: :Suspiciou

Well, he may not have had, but tbh, I don't reckon Swansea will complain, since, had he not done it, Swansea MAY have been facing charges of actually GETTING the match abandoned;) Which they now aren't.

They may face charges about not controlling their players, headbutting and violence of other sorts were the reasons for the sendings off.

hughes741 27 August 2009 11:41 AM

you need 7 players on the pitch or the match gets abandoned and iirc the opposing team get the 3 points

Little Miss WRX 27 August 2009 11:56 PM

You need 7 players one of whom has to be a goalkeeper. ;)

Tanya, he still has no right, duty of care and all that. If that injured player ends up losing out on a career due to further damaging what injury he had, the ref is liable!!!! No referee worth their salt would be stupid enough (or at least I hope not!) to demand or insist a player continues.

I would say it was Swansea's decision to keep going rather than risk whatever penalties they would incur for having the match abandoned due to not enough players.

I hope they do face charges for your last sentence, it is too rife nowadays in high level and down at grass roots level the junior and senior players don't give a flying you know what towards referees or other officials.

tanyatriangles 28 August 2009 10:51 AM

I wasn't actually AT the match, Swansea is too far for me on a weeknight, but friends who were there said the ref told their player just to stand on the pitch on the sidelines, even though he took no part, being on the pitch was sufficient to enable the match NOT to be abandoned.

What was actually said was between the ref and the Swansea management, I suppose.