ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Newby here needs some help (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/785711-newby-here-needs-some-help.html)

jonniboi 24 August 2009 10:36 PM

Newby here needs some help

Although I don't currently own a Scooby I am looking to buy one as soon as I sell my car. It's a Honda Civic Type-R.

Just wanted to ask a few questions.

1- I will be buying the newage saloon and I just wanted to know if there's any difference between the 2001-2007 wrx models other than the exterior facelifts (headlights, sideskirts, etc).

The car I am looking to buy is a UK 55 plate wrx with ppp. I know the STI is a better all round car but I'm sticking to my budget. I've looked at the older version STIs but don't like the shape, and I think the wrx with ppp will do for now.

Now, Comparing it to my Type-R:

2- Will it be a lot more to run than my CTR? I would estimate that I average between 29-31mpg in my Civic. Also, is it true that scoobs need to be filled up with Super Unleaded and nothing else?

3- Will the wrx be that much faster than my CTR?
Currently my car has minor mods; Mugen induction kit, decat downpipe and Greddy exhaust and pushes about 225bhp.
The wrx with ppp has 260bhp, obviously its AWD but my car has power to weight, so how will the speeds of the two cars compare?
I'm not expecting it to be that much off, just an idea so I know what to expect.

4- My car does 0-60 6.1 secs just wanted to know what wrx with ppp does 0-60?

bigsinky 24 August 2009 10:59 PM

keep the ctr. i think you will disappointed with the wrx. spend a few pounds on the wrx and you can transform it. will run on U/L but SUL preferred. mpg will be roughly the same. services costlier. it won't be much faster. 0-60 in 5.odd

34srm 24 August 2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by jonniboi (Post 8900792)
Although I don't currently own a Scooby I am looking to buy one as soon as I sell my car. It's a Honda Civic Type-R.

Just wanted to ask a few questions.

1- I will be buying the newage saloon and I just wanted to know if there's any difference between the 2001-2007 wrx models other than the exterior facelifts (headlights, sideskirts, etc).

The car I am looking to buy is a UK 55 plate wrx with ppp. I know the STI is a better all round car but I'm sticking to my budget. I've looked at the older version STIs but don't like the shape, and I think the wrx with ppp will do for now.

Now, Comparing it to my Type-R:

2- Will it be a lot more to run than my CTR? I would estimate that I average between 29-31mpg in my Civic. Also, is it true that scoobs need to be filled up with Super Unleaded and nothing else?

3- Will the wrx be that much faster than my CTR?
Currently my car has minor mods; Mugen induction kit, decat downpipe and Greddy exhaust and pushes about 225bhp.
The wrx with ppp has 260bhp, obviously its AWD but my car has power to weight, so how will the speeds of the two cars compare?
I'm not expecting it to be that much off, just an idea so I know what to expect.

4- My car does 0-60 6.1 secs just wanted to know what wrx with ppp does 0-60?

my first thought are you just carnt compare the 2 there totally different types ov cars , 1 has evolved around rallying the other has evolved around around max power mags

jonniboi 24 August 2009 11:26 PM

Thanks for the reply Bigsinky.

I didn't expect the wrx to be that much faster than my ctr to be honest, with it only having an extra 40odd bhp.

But it does have awd :)

Fancy a change, which is why I'm looking at a scooby, a car that I've always wanted since I was 18!!
I just love the burble of a scooby engine.

How much extra does ppp add to a standard wrx? and how is this achieved?

jonniboi 24 August 2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 34srm (Post 8900913)
my first thought are you just carnt compare the 2 there totally different types ov cars , 1 has evolved around rallying the other has evolved around around max power mags

I get what you mean, but I just wanted rough comparisons.
For example, running costs for both and performance figures.

To be honest I've got my heart set on getting a scooby now, so regardless of whether its alot faster or about the same as my CTR I'm still going to buy one, but a few facts will help me prepare for the shift;)