ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Tree 1, Car 0 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/785346-tree-1-car-0-a.html)

Scooby_simon 23 August 2009 10:02 AM

Tree 1, Car 0

My WR1 ended up under a tree on Thursday; Car was Parked in Welwyn Garden City, If anyone saw it happen, I'd appreciate contact:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...3_414581_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2380290_n.jpg

Myles 23 August 2009 10:04 AM

Holy sh!t. Really hope you get things worked out mate.

zeuss 23 August 2009 10:05 AM

jesus sorry bout that mate what happened do you not know ??? gutted for you

Scooby_simon 23 August 2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by zeuss (Post 8897115)
jesus sorry bout that mate what happened do you not know ??? gutted for you

Tree fell over on it on Howardsgate in WGC; I assume it blew over; it was not that windy on Thursday.

beef-on-the-bone 23 August 2009 10:11 AM

gutted :(

jaywrxsti 23 August 2009 10:11 AM

jesus thats bad, are the council liable then j

zeuss 23 August 2009 10:12 AM

can you not claim from the council then ?

ScoobyNudge 23 August 2009 10:12 AM

as above mate I hope this gets sorted and you dont loose your ncb

TonyBurns 23 August 2009 10:15 AM

Act of god most likely :( always one to get the council off the hook (then again if it just fell over there isnt much you can do :cry::( )

Tony:)

Scooby_simon 23 August 2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 8897135)
Act of god most likely :( always one to get the council off the hook (then again if it just fell over there isnt much you can do :cry::( )

Tree was VERY rotten. THere have been issues with the tress in the past in the area and they removed a whole load around a local lake because they were afraid they would fall.

I'm "expecting" the council to roll over on this one.

firebug 23 August 2009 10:29 AM

gutted 4 ya mate, id be well pist if it happened to me, good job there wasnt anybody sat in the back or you were just geting back in!!

TonyBurns 23 August 2009 10:30 AM

If they dont roll over, you could always take them to small claims court, you would probably win there :) its just the fact that your now scoobless :(

moff1888 23 August 2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 8897135)

In the respect of "an act of god" I take it in insurers eyes we all believe in god. :Suspiciou

If I don't believe in god then surely they couldn't use this get out clause. :Suspiciou

It's too early to be thinking about this. :D

JohnD 23 August 2009 10:46 AM

For insurance purposes, that car is a write-off. Subaru don't supply replacement main frames. Some weld-it merchant will twist it back to shape and sell it on.
The local authority are responsible for the condition of trees, so if this was a factor, you should be able to pass some responsibility. Either way, it's your insurance Co. who will need to deal with that, but you may need to claim excess and expenses from the council. Whatever happens, even if you don't lose any NCB, you'll finish up paying more next year because you made a claim! (from bitter experience)

JohnD

Simon C 23 August 2009 11:02 AM

So your the WR1 I keep seeing!!!! :D (I work in Shire Park and drive a MY09)

Hope the WHDC roll over on this 1 if it was rotten, to go from where the tree stood to your car is nasty, that would have closed the road. I'd say get the insurance company on it. Hope you kept a chunk of the trunk.

dazdavies 23 August 2009 11:12 AM

I hope you got pictures of the broken tree base to prove it was rotten. If it was rotten then it's a straight forward case of negligence and as you say the council should roll over.

I hope it's sorted to your satisfaction.

JP4 23 August 2009 11:19 AM

M8, that is a really sad site and gutted for you. I would hate it for my wr1 to undergo that. Hope you get it all sorted out. :thumb:

scooby87 23 August 2009 11:30 AM

Oh no!! I heard about this when it happend because my mate is a copper and heard scoob hit by tree in w.g.c and thought it was mine.

Hope you get it sorted :(:(

m@t STImulation 23 August 2009 11:43 AM

that is not good, gutted for you

hope your insureace sorts it

Proby521 23 August 2009 11:57 AM

Gutted for you. WR1 is one of my favourite scoobs. Good luck getting it sorted ASAP.

dunx 23 August 2009 12:33 PM

Act of god....

the bloody tree hits the only decent car in the street....

She must be woman ! ;)

dunx

P.S. Good luck with the payout.

Scooby_simon 23 August 2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 8897231)
I hope you got pictures of the broken tree base to prove it was rotten. If it was rotten then it's a straight forward case of negligence and as you say the council should roll over.

I hope it's sorted to your satisfaction.

I Have pictures AND samples of the tree :)

Welwyn times has pictures

Sky news has pictures.

In contact with the Reporter from the Welwyn Times.

General opinion of people I know in WGC is the Council have had a massive problem with these poplars; the tress only really have a "life" of about 50 years and they are all of this age.

Opinion is that even if council try and weedle out of this, there is sufficient case history (they took them all out by the lake down the road) that they are in a considerable amount of **** what ever happens.

I've spoken the the chairwoman of the council ctte that is responsible for the tress; she is aware of my opinions and plans. She is aware this happened in a blaze of publicity and that papers are also taking an interest.

Will report more once settlemet has concluded.

Now need to decide what next; cannot afford another WR1, thus it kinda rules out all others Scoobs as they are slower or even more expensive to run.

Tried a Mini Cooper S2 today and the kids do not fit in the back so that's out.

kinda think the next car will have to be sensible and then wait a few years and buy a V12 Vantage :thumb::thumb:

Simon C 23 August 2009 01:07 PM

Kinda hard not for WHT to take an interest, it happened on their door step!!!

Fingers crossed for you that they cough up.

Ste RB5138 23 August 2009 01:50 PM

Thats is such a waste of a nice WR1 :(

I would be fuming with the council!

uk300scoob 23 August 2009 02:05 PM

ffs thats terrible hate seeing such a nice car like this have things like this happen to it especialy a WR1 gutted for you if i saw this when i came back to the car id prob cry, hope you get this sorted and im sure you have a lot of support behind you on this one. wish you the best of luck what ever the outcome

dunx 23 August 2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 8897193)
For insurance purposes, that car is a write-off. Subaru don't supply replacement main frames. Some weld-it merchant will twist it back to shape and sell it on.

Stupid isn't it, the rally boys would class that as a "scuff"....

dunx

P.S. Can I have the..... Sorry !

Mark Mac 23 August 2009 04:34 PM

I bet you took ages finding that parking spec as well.......

wrx300scooby 23 August 2009 07:41 PM

Gutted for you, looked like you took a pride in your motor too. Hope all goes well with your claim.

dazdavies 24 August 2009 05:37 PM

Say you'll settle for nothing but a brand new Litchfield T25 :D

Scooby_simon 24 August 2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 8899943)
Say you'll settle for nothing but a brand new Litchfield T25 :D

If I could afford to run one; that is exactly what I would do.....