ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Can anyone help??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/784677-can-anyone-help.html)

rmitch32 19 August 2009 04:15 PM

Can anyone help???

Hi fellow Essex Scooby drivers! Been a member for a while but always been a spectator.....

I seem to be having a problem with my HKS SSq dump valve. It was fitted when i bought the car and has been fine till yesterday.

I am sure that the dump valve vented some of the boost pressure at about 3000rpm but only appears to vent at about 5000rpm now and it is only a very short burst of pressure venting (if you understand my wording lol)

Has anyone got one of these dv's fitted and could let me know when it vents and also can anyone tell me where i could possibly get a repair kit for it - think it may have a dodgy diaphragm????? Does that sound feasible.

Also, what are the problems with running the car with what appears to be no dump valve.

Last question - has anybody in this fine essex section got a standard recirc dump valve for sale - may have to put it back to standard until i can get a new dv.

Thanks in advance peeps,

Rob

V4JDMSTi 19 August 2009 04:42 PM

Might just need a good clean up fella. But it sounds like the spring / diaphram is playing up to me. Have you taken it off and cleaned it? Bri4n has one on his car iirc.

Running with no dv will put pressure on your tubo. I used to run without a dv for a while. What turbo are you running? Some are a little more robust than others and could take running without one for a while and give you a chance to get it sorted out.

rmitch32 19 August 2009 05:32 PM

I am running the standard turbo for the car i presume.

It had the following on it when i bought:

H+S stainless exhaust, the dump valve, prodrive wheels and the fins in the spoiler. The owner said it had been rolling roaded at 330BHP..

I can get a photo if that is any help??

The car is a 2003 (53 plate) 2.0 WRX STi Type UK

I have not got a clue if it has an uprated turbo or not.....sorry

Dont know wether to take it apart or not, need the car for work and at the moment it semi works ish - if i take itapart and the diaphragm breaks i am thinking it will not allow the car to boost, is this correct???

Spec'c'57 19 August 2009 05:58 PM

where abouts are you in essex? i have a standard D/V sitting in the shed if you wanna try that.

rmitch32 19 August 2009 06:03 PM

Im in basildon mate, whereabouts are you?

would i be able to hear the standard dump valve operating at low revs?

How would i tell if it is working properly?

e6tony 19 August 2009 07:55 PM

hi mate ,i av also got a standard recirc off of an 03 wrx and no you wont be able to hear it working but should feel the difference when driving it fella :thumb:

rmitch32 19 August 2009 08:29 PM

Thanks, would you mind letting me borrow it for a bit?? (cash incentive / hire charge negotiable :lol1:)

I can then take my HKS apart and see if it needs a clean and then maybe try and source a repair kit..

e6tony 19 August 2009 08:31 PM

no problem mate,i am at mr clutch chelmsford 6 days a week pop in and c me:thumb:

rmitch32 19 August 2009 08:52 PM

Will try and pop in asap. Shall i call first to make sure you are in..

Will try and get to you on Friday afternoon, if thats ok...

Shall i call the shop or can you pm me your mobile??

spally 19 August 2009 09:09 PM

plenty of standard dump values floating around, i have mine off an 03 wrx :D :D

rmitch32 20 August 2009 04:18 PM

Thanks for all your help people..

Will put a standard one on and then strip down the HKS one...

e6tony you have a pm mate..

e6tony 20 August 2009 08:14 PM

see you tomorrow rob :thumb: