ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mallorca - would you go? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/783287-mallorca-would-you-go.html)

Trout 11 August 2009 11:29 PM

Mallorca - would you go?

Hmmm - I have a two week holiday booked in Mallorca in September.

Given the recent bombings would you go?

Dan Gleebits 11 August 2009 11:33 PM

Yes.
Most definately

In fact....

Janspeed 11 August 2009 11:41 PM

You forgot "NO", cause the place is sh1te!

Nat 12 August 2009 12:47 AM

I'd go but i'm far from normal. I go to places like Burma and Cambodia looking for excitement and get upset if i don't get a gun to my head at least once :lol1:

LeeMac 12 August 2009 01:04 AM

as its booked then yes I would

some places arent good some are (like anywhere)

enjoy

Trout 12 August 2009 08:41 AM

To my mind, it is like those who say money cannot buy you happiness are shopping at the wrong places; anyone who says Mallorca is ****e is clearly missing out.

Mallorca has pleasures right to the very top of the market, indicated by some of the most luxurious villas in the Med as well as the plethora of rich and famous who live there. I personally enjoy a more prosaic villa near Pollensa, which is a lovely traditional town that has managed to retain it's Mallorquin nature as well as being only a few kms from a superb, relatively quiet beach.

Trout 12 August 2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nat (Post 8876453)
I'd go but i'm far from normal. I go to places like Burma and Cambodia looking for excitement and get upset if i don't get a gun to my head at least once :lol1:

So the Graff raid was for kicks not the goods? ;)

PaulC72 12 August 2009 10:08 AM

Of course you have just as much change of something happening to you walking down the street or visiting another city.

At the end of the day you cannot live your life in fear of something that may never happen to you.

windyboy 12 August 2009 11:03 AM

yes, I would still go but then again I have lived in Norn Iron for all of my 37 years on this planet and we got bombed alot

check the Foreign Office website to make sure it's safe

windyboy

hodgy0_2 12 August 2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 8876552)
Mallorca has pleasures right to the very top of the market, indicated by some of the most luxurious villas in the Med as well as the plethora of rich and famous who live there. I personally enjoy a more prosaic villa near Pollensa, which is a lovely traditional town that has managed to retain it's Mallorquin nature as well as being only a few kms from a superb, relatively quiet beach.

lovely stuff -- do you work for the Spanish tourist board?

Trout 12 August 2009 12:32 PM

Maybe I should :D

Been there many times and I love it :)

Torquemada 12 August 2009 12:36 PM

Voted no to going, not because of bombings or any other shoit but just because it's Mallorca!!!!! lol :razz: :D

Jay m A 12 August 2009 01:22 PM

If the rich and famous live there then I would hope that security would have been upped given the recent bombings.

You could always go to the Basque region instead ;)

speedking 12 August 2009 01:23 PM

Check insurance. Not only life cover :), but does your holiday insurance cover you if the airport is closed due to a suspicious package etc.

Nat 12 August 2009 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 8876554)
So the Graff raid was for kicks not the goods? ;)

Well the last time i was in Burma i was treated positively nicely! :rolleyes: