ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

Funkii Munkii 07 August 2009 05:17 AM

The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread

Your own space to complain about Wenger losing the plot and your love of all things Spurs related ;)
you know the drill, Sticky ??

jasey 10 August 2009 02:15 PM

This thread will end up at the end of season looking like The Arsenal Trophy cabinet - Empty :razz::D

DaveBeck 10 August 2009 05:34 PM

pmsl

barca have opened up again about signing cesc

AbbasSTI 10 August 2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8873780)
pmsl

barca have opened up again about signing cesc

That's Almunia's fault, he was talking the other day about Cesc getting bored like Kolo :nono:

Anyhow

ARSENAL !!!!!
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Bravo2zero_sps 11 August 2009 10:46 AM

Wenger set to sign no one else this summer. Another empty trophy cabinet come May :rolleyes:

Sell players for lots of money and instead of strengthening the team where needed like a World class defensive midfielder and centre back the board sticks the money in the Highbury development black hole :mad: Until Peter Hill Wood and his cronies bu66er off things wont change. I wish David Dein hadn't left and continued to fight his corner.

If Wenger truely thinks his squad does not need strengthening then he is not the manager everyone thinks he is. The squad we have is no where near strong enough to win the Premiership or the CL. A couple of injuries and we are left short again :rolleyes:

AbbasSTI 11 August 2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8874887)
Wenger set to sign no one else this summer. Another empty trophy cabinet come May :rolleyes:

No more signings doesn't mean no more trophies, we were not far off last season, and players like Song, Denilson, Traoure, Bendtner etc looked better and better add to them Arshavin & Eduardo all season + Theo in good form and Wilshere then centre backs are my only real concern.

Sell players for lots of money and instead of strengthening the team where needed like a World class defensive midfielder and centre back the board sticks the money in the Highbury development black hole :mad: Until Peter Hill Wood and his cronies bu66er off things wont change. I wish David Dein hadn't left and continued to fight his corner.

I agree the sooner Dein is back the better, but there aren't many world class players for reasonable money available at the moment. You can't blame the board for Kolo and Ade. I am glad Ade left and Kolo wanted to go so good luck to him.

If Wenger truely thinks his squad does not need strengthening then he is not the manager everyone thinks he is. The squad we have is no where near strong enough to win the Premiership or the CL. A couple of injuries and we are left short again :rolleyes:

Trust in Wenger :notworthy
We can do it !!!!!!!!
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

jasey 11 August 2009 02:05 PM

Still - on a more positive note....

Still looks like Spurs will get nowhere near us :lol1::D

DaveBeck 11 August 2009 06:57 PM

Looks like vieira isnt coming. i know he wasnt going to set the world alight but his presence in the dressing room would of really led the kids

players will come in before deadline day. he is super quiet on transfers is wenger.

Bravo2zero_sps 11 August 2009 09:22 PM

I hope you're right Dave but i'm not so sure new signings will happen. The board want the cash in the bank and Wenger is as tight as a gnats chuff when it comes to players valuations and wont pay what is required to sign top players - Arshavin being the exception and a one off.

DaveBeck 11 August 2009 09:42 PM

Arshavin was cheap...........fooking cheap. 15m for pure quality. 83m for a certain someone ;)

I have him in all my dream teams, just want to see what the boy can do in europe and a full season...buzzing :)

One bad thing to the season though.........my wife is getting induced on sat so im going to miss everton away :cry: :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 11 August 2009 09:57 PM

Tell her to wait until Sunday :lol1:

Congrats, hope you got a gooners shirt lined up already :D

STi wanna Subaru 11 August 2009 10:16 PM

United play Sunday so he gets to celebrate the birth by watching the champions! ;)

Congrats Dave.

DaveBeck 11 August 2009 10:36 PM

Thanks lads, dont worry i'll put a thread up in sports to let you all know :D

It dawned on me also that his Birthday is going to be at the start of each season. got a feeling i'll be watching Arsenal for his Birthday present.

AbbasSTI 12 August 2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8876261)
Thanks lads, dont worry i'll put a thread up in sports to let you all know :D

It dawned on me also that his Birthday is going to be at the start of each season. got a feeling i'll be watching Arsenal for his Birthday present.

Congratulations mate :thumb: me and your son are going to have the same birthday :luxhello:
He will be the youngest in the class and so pushed harder from a younger age than his peers and in the end reap the rewards (like me ;))

WhatswiththeR 12 August 2009 10:50 PM

congrats dave you can use your son as an excuse to act like a kid again lol i know i would. anyway on to arsenal does anyone know why we released Amorury Bischoff didn't we pay like £1m for him from weder bremen in the last transfer window? and i really hope we sign brede hangleand or the other 6"4 defender hes been looking at forgotten his name though if we sign one of those i'll be a bit happier

DaveBeck 13 August 2009 09:01 AM

Happy days

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Hleb concedes Gunners mistake

Funkii Munkii 13 August 2009 10:21 AM

Congrats to you and the wife Dave :thumb:

Not sure about having another Gooner on the planet though ;)

DaveBeck 13 August 2009 11:44 AM

Cheers FM :thumb: just a waiting game at moment lol

Got a Gooner shirt ready and preped

Any hows, What do you Gooners think about this chap?

Sky Sports | Football | News | Hangeland unfazed by rumours

For me its a no brainer, tall, strong and has bit of pace. EXACTLY what we need. If Toure is worth 16m and was only the 38th best defender overall last year then this bloke is easily worth that. One of the main reasons Fulham are in Europe.

Using a phrase my wife uses when she sees Justin Timberlake "I WANT HIM" :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 13 August 2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8878480)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA splitter! :lol1: He was what he was because of the team he was in at Arsenal and was never going anywhere at Barca. He did us a favour as Arshavin is a million times better so his loss and our gain :D

DaveBeck 13 August 2009 02:58 PM

Dam right B2Z :D

DaveBeck 13 August 2009 09:25 PM

Do something about it then shipwreck

Sky Sports | Football | News | Wenger reveals injury woes

Bravo2zero_sps 13 August 2009 09:48 PM

If he is worrying now what the hell does he expect it to be like by Christmas? :rolleyes: When will he realise he needs a bigger stronger squad :brickwall

STi wanna Subaru 13 August 2009 10:53 PM

United have injury worries in defence. We may have to use O'shea or Brown or maybe Evans at centre back depending who's fit. Then if one of those covers we're short at RB so will have to see how Fabio, G Nev, De laet do. It's the same for all the top teams!

Bravo2zero_sps 13 August 2009 10:56 PM

Exactly, we have 5 defenders for all 4 positions and you have 5 defenders for each of the 4 positions :lol1:

STi wanna Subaru 13 August 2009 11:15 PM

You're just splitting hairs now ;)

Gav 14 August 2009 09:46 AM

Just looked on this now and congrats Dave, at least the shirt will be red even if it is a dirty red;) :D

DaveBeck 14 August 2009 10:32 AM

:lol:

we are still waiting. little bugger wont come out

ilogikal1 14 August 2009 01:33 PM

Stop threatening to turn him in to a Gooner then, Dave :p

DaveBeck 14 August 2009 02:36 PM

Touche ;)

DaveBeck 14 August 2009 02:39 PM

Genius :lol1:

Sky Sports | Football | News | Wenger - I did see it

well duhhhhhhh,