ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Biggs Released (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/782429-biggs-released.html)

SunnySideUp 06 August 2009 10:54 PM

Biggs Released

IMO he is a selfish, greedy, murdering thief and should rot in hell .....

He only returned to get decent free medical care - and we paid for it!! :mad:

Let him die in Brazil - ship him back there ...

Luminous 06 August 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 8867728)

I agree.

Sorry, does that break your thread? ;)

Jamz3k 06 August 2009 11:02 PM

Agreed also, Criminals should never be allowed to become heroes/status symbol etc. Let him die in jail.

Nat 06 August 2009 11:25 PM

Scum bag, should have been left to rot in Rio or wherever.

ronjeramy 06 August 2009 11:39 PM

It pains me to admit it Pete but i totally agree with you :)

What i don't get is why theres a lot of press and celebrity support for his release?

Though a point that i read from Fredrick Forsyth, saying he should be released because it was costing £1000's to keep him in prison hospital with dedicated guards on him 24/7

hutton_d 06 August 2009 11:46 PM

Damn. I agree with Pete as well. :Suspiciou

Dave

mart360 06 August 2009 11:51 PM

If he,s going to die, as they say, why not move him to a hospice, under guard?

Dont recall Hindley or Brady being released to die?

Mart

borderlinechris 06 August 2009 11:56 PM

he was quite happy living the life of "the" famous robber giving the fingers to british justice and the train drivers family... til he realised he was old and wanted free nhs care and you dont get that in brazil... id have let him rot in solitary if i was home sec.

Will 06 August 2009 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 8867858)
If he,s going to die

Poisin the fukcer :D

RA Dunk 07 August 2009 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 8867858)

Dont recall Hindley or Brady being released to die?

Mart

Theres a bit of difference between a robber and a couple of kiddie torturing murderers TBH

borderlinechris 07 August 2009 12:07 AM

arent we taking some of our toxic waste that was sent to brazil by "mistake"back? cant we do a swap with him? pref in the middle of atlantic somewhere quiet where our new destoyers can take a couple of pot shots.....

paulwrxboro 07 August 2009 01:02 AM

did anybody die in the great train robery ?
i thort the driver got a bang on the head

RA Dunk 07 August 2009 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro (Post 8867941)
did anybody die in the great train robery ?
i thort the driver got a bang on the head

Dont think anybody died but the driver got a serious f,ing going over IIRC, so hardly puts Ronnie Biggs in the same league as the two child molesters/torturers/killers/scumbags

unclebuck 07 August 2009 02:05 AM

Pete - going for the populist vote yet again.

Lonely fellow... if not a little bit desperate :D

Should be on safe ground and win a few few internet 'friends' there :thumb:

Funkii Munkii 07 August 2009 02:34 AM

No one died in the robbery, although the driver never returned to work due to his injuries, Biggs didn't hit the train driver he was just the get away driver iirc, he was no more than a petty thief, a clueless one at that.

Can't condone any criminality but I cant see any reason for him not to be released, scumbags that murder for fun are out within 7-10 years these days, he's done nearly 9 for robbery.

Met him 20 years ago on Ipanema beach in Rio, just a normal guy, who had become infamous for escaping from jail and having one over on Scotland Yard by having a kid by a Brazilian, probably the smartest thing he ever did considering he wasn't that bright. I think the fact he lived there for 30 years sticking 2 fingers up at the Scotland Yard makes people think he was an evil murdering ******* and he should hang or be poisoned as someone mentioned

As RA said it's a little OTT to bracket him with Hindley

jasey 07 August 2009 07:52 AM

The issue for me is the tw@t only came back for the free medical care and we've given it to him.

He should never have been let back in the country if all we were going to do was give him free bed & breakfast until he dies.

Hopefully that will be soon anyway and we can spend our money on other equally un-deserving cases (Like the girl (and her unborn kid) just put back from Laos so we can look after her because she didn't like the Laos prison) :freak3:

zs_phil 07 August 2009 08:30 AM

these days far worse people get let out early or let off .
and besides that i think phil collins did some great music in buster

David Lock 07 August 2009 09:11 AM

Put this in perspective ffs.

Apparently the guy has few days to live, can't eat without help and can't speak. Of course he should be allowed a bit of dignity as should his son who is just trying to do the best for his dad.

Aside from being a gang member Biggs had nothing to do with bashing the poor old driver. They only got 30 years because so much money was taken.

Made a good story though - wasn't it "Slipper of the Yard"??

dl

ScoobyDoo555 07 August 2009 09:26 AM

The other issue is that regardless of what he's done, he's still British, (as far as I'm aware) - entitled to NHS.... as galling to some as that may be.

In the grand scheme of things, he's an old fukker, about to die any day. It's cheaper to care for him on the NHS than keep him in prison.

A stupid, petty thief. No more, no less.

RobJenks 07 August 2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 8867728)

It was 1963 -long before you were born I suspect.
He has served his sentence , if fact more than any other of the gang.
AND he is British , born and breed.Would have served national service I expect.
He has maybe weeks /days to live -give him a break

EddScott 07 August 2009 11:06 AM

Made a decent film though. The misses likes it.

:)

J4CKO 07 August 2009 12:15 PM

I say bollocks to him, he has had a long life, funded by crime, living admittedly on the run but probably quite a nice life, people have a much worse time having never done anything wrong, kids die of Cancer, our soldiers getting killed almost Daily in Afghanistan so I cant lose much sleep over a theiving old lag. it was a major theft of other peoples money in which other members of the gang ruined someone elses life, even if he didnt do it he was involved, you make choices in life and have to suffer the consequences, this wasnt a film or a cheeky comic cockney caper like the Italian job it was criminals taking other peoples money for their own game, dont dress it up or glorify it or make it seem somehow lovable and quaint because it happened in 1963, it isnt.

kingofturds 07 August 2009 12:21 PM

labour in "releasing a prisoner early shocker"

CrisPDuk 07 August 2009 01:22 PM

Jack Mills may not have died as a result of his injuries, but he suffered horribly from them up until he died 7 years later :( Biggs may not have participated in the beating, but he sure as hell knew (and kept quiet for) who did it, which in my eyes makes him and the rest of the theiving scum just as culpable :mad::mad:

Biggs served hardly any time for his part in the robbery before absconding and living the 'celebrity' lifestyle for decades. As has already been stated, he only came back to this country for the free NHS care, the ******* should be thrown to the gutter aan allowed to rote

There is one aspect of the American justice system I actually agree with, and that is that if somebody dies during the commission of a felony, everybody involved in the committing of that felony is held responsible for it :thumb:

j4ckos mate 07 August 2009 01:25 PM

yup **** him.
do the crime do the time,
should think himself lucky hes not been hung, inmho.

there is no loveable rogue image with criminals.

Funkii Munkii 07 August 2009 02:30 PM

Hung :lol1:

Get a grip

lightning101 07 August 2009 02:31 PM

Exactly. The word is "hanged" ;)

Simon 69 07 August 2009 02:57 PM

Does it matter? He is only being released because he is on his arse. Prisoners are always released on compassionate grounds when theyre dying.

jasey 07 August 2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Simon 69 (Post 8868698)
Does it matter? He is only being released because he is on his arse. Prisoners are always released on compassionate grounds when theyre dying.

Wouldn't put it past old Biggsy to come out of hospital on Saturday doing Cart wheels looking for his first free pint in Margate whilst STILL sticking two fingers up at the rest of us :thumb:

Leslie 08 August 2009 03:46 PM

I think he should have been be released before he dies. His crime did not deserve a 30 year sentence anyway and he had nothing to do with the attack on the driver.

Les